Judd and trouble at WCE?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Judd and trouble at WCE?

I've heard from the same bloke who told me about Judds injury that the WCE are revising down their contract offer to Judd?!!

their medical staff suggest that Judd's injury might be problematic long term...

they still want him on their list and he is playing with jabs at 1/2 time and pre game.

again the veracity of this is always in doubt but he is the bloke who told me about judds injury a couple of months ago...

good thing he is a pies man and doesn't know Im spilling the beans on an saints forum :lol: :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Re: Judd and trouble at WCE?

Dan Warna wrote:
they still want him on their list and he is playing with jabs at 1/2 time and pre game.
:
really? geez couldn't think why they want him on their list :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

if he was playing hampered wouldnt it be wise to play him in a forward pocket....

surely his speed over 15-20 meters would net a few goals a game - injured or not

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
:
really? geez couldn't think why they want him on their list :roll:
><

well the story goes they are trying to take advantage of his injury by lowering the contract price from what was discussed earlier this season.

he is still a required player but not a $800k p/a player.

its sort of your broken now, we'd still have on the list but well you've got o/p so we gonna offer you less

SHUT UP KRIME!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

well more fool them. His market value is huge and he can easily travel elsewhere.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Im just repeating what I am told.

postulating if he does have OP he will have to be managed for a while and may never regain his burst speed.

lucky for him he already has his premiership medal and brownlow...

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

your mate aint got a clue
the eagles are not in any possition to negotiate his pay
and any player manager worth his mustard would quiet simpley leak it to the media the eagles want to pay him less and watch the vic clubs scramble to offer higher bids !!
i know for a fact the eagles are trying to play the hand of contiued sucess with relations to finals apperances as a lure to keep him and even if he is injured he will still comand a high pay packet
i think your collingwood friend is just hopful that collingwood can buy his services

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

and thanks for the insight.. i'm just saying that west coast would be stupid to down his pay offer too much because he is a star op or not

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:your mate aint got a clue
the eagles are not in any possition to negotiate his pay
and any player manager worth his mustard would quiet simpley leak it to the media the eagles want to pay him less and watch the vic clubs scramble to offer higher bids !!
i know for a fact the eagles are trying to play the hand of contiued sucess with relations to finals apperances as a lure to keep him and even if he is injured he will still comand a high pay packet
i think your collingwood friend is just hopful that collingwood can buy his services
maybe

as collingwood people go he is a fairly decent bloke, and quite the opposite to the stereotype and comes across an honest bloke.

when I posted that Judd had a long term injury he turned out to be right on that based on subsequent press, and some of the stuff about dudak turned out to be right too, so i am of a tendancy to believe there may be some truth in his rumours.

either way Judd at his best is devastating player, at an incapacitated level he is still a handy player to have around.

continued success is a powerful lure and kept brisbane together for a number of years.

with judd it might be worth him staying plus tenure of contract plus even if he is offered a couple of hundred grand less, he'd still be on a phat contract.

SHUT UP KRIME!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

does anyone else think a team like west coast full of stars is paying the same amount of salary cap as carlton (a team of duds) is weird and proves the salary cap is flawed? I mean over the last 4 years how many good players have been let go by clubs because of salary cap issues?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The 2001 curse of the OP.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:...good thing he is a pies man and doesn't know Im spilling the beans on an saints forum :lol: :lol:
News about Judd like this won't take long to spread, it's probably on BF already.

Or do you assume that he can't read because he's a Collingwood supporter?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

nah, he doesn't waste time on forums like I do :lol:

he's actually quite an older gentleman in his 60s.

I often give him a hand getting news from the web, he's fine on mail, and various databases etc, and a quick study, but not really a time waster like me :D

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:does anyone else think a team like west coast full of stars is paying the same amount of salary cap as carlton (a team of duds) is weird and proves the salary cap is flawed? I mean over the last 4 years how many good players have been let go by clubs because of salary cap issues?
paying ackland 300k for three years will do that to ya
plus the eagles players do get some perks that aint included in the SC
so some are playing below their worth

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was one of your satirical ones, Dan: that is, Judd in trouble for not fitting in with the club ethos because he produced a negative result in a drug test, or some such!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:does anyone else think a team like west coast full of stars is paying the same amount of salary cap as carlton (a team of duds) is weird and proves the salary cap is flawed? I mean over the last 4 years how many good players have been let go by clubs because of salary cap issues?

Thats what I mean and apparently a lot of clubs do that, it is within the salary cap rules. What I mean is whats the point of the salary cap if clubs can do that.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Thats what I mean and apparently a lot of clubs do that, it is within the salary cap rules. What I mean is whats the point of the salary cap if clubs can do that.
we do similar at the saints heck Roos brother conveniently got a job with us the week roo signed

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I am sure we do it. So whats the point of the salary cap when in reality it doesn't cap player payments.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:I am sure we do it. So whats the point of the salary cap when in reality it doesn't cap player payments.
mainly to prevent other teams buying other teams players
once the player is at your club there can be perks given ect ect but getting a player from another club you have to show them the money to start off with hence declareing it so the SC is not there to even out the comp but to make it so the stronger clubs cant easily pick off the weaker