Fraser Gehrig !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Fraser Gehrig !!

I think we will all find that G needs an operation on his right hand and I suspect that it is much, much worse than any of us know of. I have a feeling that lesser men would not even attempt to play with such an injury.

As soon as our season is over (and if he decides to play on) I would be getting him in to get it fixed. The same goes for any other players who need post season surgery.

One of our biggest problems over the past 3-5 years has been that there have been too many of our best 22 who haven't been able to put in a FULL pre-season. Lets hope that changes over this next summer !!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

FG needs a rest IMO

he needs to be managed like lynch was managed in his last couple of seasons for Brisbane.

I think we should groom Watts as our FF and in 08/09 look to him to fill the role permanently.

FG is a saints man through and through.

his personal sacrifice playing through pain and injury when he could sit on the side lines and collect his wage.

of course some one say OMG he is being selected despite injury, but the selection panel obviously believe his contribution is worth it.

I would say the term performance in kicking 9 goals or was it 10 with gehrig getting a couple is an indictment on the team not just on gehrig.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Commentators on Foxtel the other night mentioned that Fraser benched himself. Most unlike him & made me wonder whether he'd aggravated his hand injury. From the small amount of vision they showed of him on the bench he was just sitting there.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

pun intended, if he puts his hand up to be selected- that all goes out the window once he walks onto the field.

Sympathy wont win football matches.

Duggie
Club Player

He certainly has lost his old fire.
Should he declare himself unfit (hand)? :lol:

A Saint Forever!
saintm
Club Player

From today's press conference - has been playing with a foot injury as well as the hand and won't be dropped while Ross is coach

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl- ... rain-33311

Originally read this article on West of Moorabbin - Thanks Peanut!!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

to be honest, we wouldn't even be worrying about injuries he may have if the midfield was doing its job properly and actually kicking it down to him

he cops all the flack that should be directed at the midfield

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
golden hawk
Club Player

Re: Fraser Gehrig !!

Eastern wrote:I think we will all find that G needs an operation on his right hand and I suspect that it is much, much worse than any of us know of. I have a feeling that lesser men would not even attempt to play with such an injury.

As soon as our season is over (and if he decides to play on) I would be getting him in to get it fixed. The same goes for any other players who need post season surgery.

One of our biggest problems over the past 3-5 years has been that there have been too many of our best 22 who haven't been able to put in a FULL pre-season. Lets hope that changes over this next summer !!
thought he had one when he did not play for 2 weeks came back earlier then i thought he would from what i have heard around the traps . he played with that hand like that for 2 months prior to those 2 weeks off .

he is one tough but shy guy :D

SB10
Club Player

If Lyon is happy to play G injured then we need a back up. Watts must play and the first moment G starts to feel his "hand/foot?" then Watts is on. Stop throwing Kosi down there as a quick fix. He's needed in the ruck and rests on the bench.

If Kosi wants to go forward then he makes the opposition ruckman accountable.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Lyon states in the above interview that "clearly there's a couple out of our best 22 (sic)" and they will look to add "a Raph Clarke, a Birss and maybe a Voss" to the weekends team.

With perhaps a Clint Jones, a Leigh Fisher and an X Clarke to miss?

Also - was asked what he'll do to counter Pavlich. Replied -

"Yeah we might flood"

:lol:

Thanks for the link.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Mr X from the West
Club Player

The big G didn't play when we beat WCE at Subi this year - thought we structured up pretty well that game and it is always an option to leave G out of the side.

On the other hand it can leave us exposed in the ruck if Kosi goes to FF and the opposition have good rucks. In this situation, maybe Roo goes to FF and Kosi rucks....I've often questioned whether, on the smaller grounds like the Safety Dome, you need both a FF and a CHF.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"