Report card

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Report card

What's everyone's opinion of the form of these two: Baker & L.Fisher.. good, no progress, gone backwards?

mischa
Club Player

Well they're both playing like crap that's all I know-ppl can spin it whatever way they want. Thank God for Nick Riewoldt is all I can think of saying after Saturday night. Pity we can't even deliver it to him in a decent way!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Baker has been playing way below his usual standard in recent weeks.

I thought that Leigh Fisher was ok until the last two games, and he does have the excuse of playing out of his usual position: for reasons that I must confess are quite mystifying to me.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
To the top
SS Life Member

I have had a question mark over Baker for some time - there was a time when he could check Ablett out of a game but now he can not.

And that is symptomatic of each team we come accross - the player he once negated is improved (including thru personnel changes) and the numbers Baker can now negate are diminishing.

So his value to the team is diminishing, no matter his persona and the fact that he busts his guts.

And there is no other position for him except to "tag" a medium sized player.

So I do not have him in my 22 EXCEPT where there is a match up available.

With Leigh Fisher, his form seems to have tapered since missing a game with hamstring problems - and did he do a full pre-season - I have it in mind that he did not = maybe feeling the pressure.

The difference between Leigh Fisher and Baker include that Leigh Fisher is 184cm and Baker is 178cm = can not be so easily exploited if playing as a defender.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Baker is still in the top 3 in the saints team for mine.

Can stop just about anyone, and I would say he's the second best stopper in the competition, behind Ling.

However, Ling is the best played in the comp at present. Bastard red-head stepchild look and all.

He has been given the green light this season to play a more attacking style of footy, which he just isn't used to, and Lyon has left Attard to be primary tagger/small defender role, with Baker coming into play if Attard starts getting beaten (see the game vs the dogs and Akermanis).

supersaints
Club Player

Bakes form is no mystery
I said at the time of Bakers last tribunal farce (when he had that stupid suspended sentence hanging over him), that he would always have on his mind getting suspended, and it would prevent him from playing his usual hard game. He knows if he sneezes he is gone. If we somehow make the finals expect someone to at least wrestle with him which would bring about a weeks suspension. If we don't make the finals I would like to see him belt the Christ out of someone and get rid of what's hanging over him so its not around in 2008.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

he did get polaxed last week remember maybe feeling a little worse for wear ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/