5.5 wins from 8 and expectations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

widereceiver
Club Player

5.5 wins from 8 and expectations

Get real
In the last 8 weeks we have scored 5 and a half wins. The only teams who have a better record are Geelong, of course, and Port Adelaide.

Like many others, I don't enjoy watching the negative style we're playing and I'm disappointed it does not look as if we have the stuff (staff) to go far in the finals. On the other hand, if we doubters are proven wrong, I don't care if we flood from the opening bounce to win a GF.

In seasons past, I would have been rapt had we won five and a half for the whole year. Don't you remember?

Expectations
The only positives from a player perspective this year are the rapid advancement of Sam Gilbert (hope the injury is slight) and the improvement of Fiora.

Why would anyone expect we would be more advanced than last year when ...
Lenny has missed a year of footy, Goose most of one and Max too much of one.
We've lost BJ,
Ball's groin is still not right,
Our midfielders (and some forwards) still cannot kick for goal to AFL standard and go missing too often.
Finally, one of our best players is being crucified as a second-rate, bash and crash ruckman.

However we go in the next seven weeks, my expectation is that our coach will have the players fit and jumping out of the box, hamstrings stretched, next year.

Unrealistic expectations lead to disappointment. Get real.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

That is probably the most sensible post written post-Swans game...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i'm sick of excuses, reasons, explanations etc. As a team, we should be far better than we are showing at the moment.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best