Absolutely must prevent a Geelong flag this year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:How sad that people are worried about Geelong winning a flag....
I have kids, I would never worry about anything to do with football !
evertonfc wrote:If it ain't St Kilda, it doesn't matter..
'97 must have been a lot easier on you than the rest of us !
evertonfc wrote:Scary that this thread is still going :?
Probably scary that this site is still going :?
evertonfc wrote:Probably says a lot about our supporter mentality, I suppose.
If people disagree with you they are probably mental ? :lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:They stuck with their coach too.
Yes after fully restructuring his job....

**to turn him into a 100% coach....something that GT argued vehemently against as being the way to go...

** by employing Balme as the Football Manager without involving Thompson at all...and only advising him after the fact....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I not going to be a hater.

If Geelong continue to play the brand of footall they're currently playing, then they deserve to win a premiership, IMO.

Good luck to 'em.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

While I grit my teeth that it is not us...

The fact is that the Cats have worked hard to get where they are....

They have considered where they were weak.....and have improved their list in those areas. They did not ignore them....nor except that a so-so player was good enough.

Asa poster said above....the Ctas have drafted well..very well....Selwood beinga sign of that.

Offield last year they released was their major flaw.......so they restructured their entire football department....altered the coaches job and narrowed his focus, hired Balme..and many other changes.

They have made some hard calls on players and traded a mid for Ottens....to much initial derision....but unlike most of the saints trades they have worked.

Ottens and Mooney are now both key parts of the Cats side.....adding the height and in Mooney's case aggression too that the Cats lacked.

Now yes they have had some luck too....in some great father sons.....but there are few Premiorship teams that do not have some luck in their recruiting.

* Eagles....Judd being left to their pick
*Lions....gaining J Brown as a father son witha 50 game dad (rule is now 100+

*Swans....well they may be the exception for while they have had a great injury run I think a lot of that is due to the HUGE effort they have put into the medical and fitness side. Perhaps their luck was the salary cap advantage though..

To be a true Premiership threat yes you need a slice of luck....but you mainly need to get most things right.

Take Geelongs father sons....yes lady luck presenteda good batach....but the Cats also worked hard to make sure they all played at the Cats. With Nathan Ablett for example if you have heard Costa and others speak on it you will know that there wasa HUGE effort made to convince him to play AFL....thhat effort is now paying dividends. Contrast that with the Saints who hada champion in Harvey where no effort was being made to convince him the play on. Go figure eh!!! (Refreshing to see that RL knows that good players are hared to get and that he is proactive in seeking players such as Harvey and GTrain to play on...)

Despite the current pessimism by many I am firmly of the view that the Saints are once again doing most things right......we have some weaknesses to be addressed, but I believe that we are facing up to them.

Recognising a problem is however not a solution in iteself.....and these take time to be forumalted and achieved.

We are headed in the right direction.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Geelong is one of my 2 most hated sides in Melbourne, Essendon being the other. However, they have one major thing going for them. Come the last Saturday in September, if they are playing a non VIctorian side, it will be go Cats all the way.

Qld Saints Supporter Group