I apologise for not being negative....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I apologise for not being negative....

I apologise for not being negative....but one HUGE plus from the Swans game for me was that Max was back in town with a very good game on Hall.

Max was back to near his best with great timing and his signature closing speed to spoil.

Wonderful what some match practice can do....anad few games to get match fit..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Destroyed Fevola in the second half.

Destroyed Brad Johnson.

Destroyed Hall.

He's in great form, and was easily BOG for us against the Swans.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Destroyed Fevola in the second half.

Destroyed Brad Johnson.

Destroyed Hall.

He's in great form, and was easily BOG for us against the Swans.
Lets hope he makes a mess of Pavlova 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Roos said it was the Swans best game of the year, so we weren't far off the mark.

Stopping Pav is tough - Max is going to need a lot of help down back - Pav destroyed the Bombers today....

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Guess What!!!!

I expect the saints to win every week :)
I expect the team to give their best every week.:)
I will try and find the positives from every game-- some of those patches of play from Saturday were great to see- Roo marking in the huddle of swans, X running forward with bounces and clean strides, ( ok he missed)
I see the mistakes: but I'm sure they do to;
I hope and pray they get help to change and adapt and mix and match their ability and skills

I will be there next week lending my support- even if only vocally
I will go to any finals they make and keep my fingers crossed,
I will follow the Scorpians- I do know where Teac oval and Princes Park are; as I support the next rung of Saints who are developing game rhythm
I will renew my membership- funds willing and enable others to if able.

as a team/ club they have come so far-from just a few years ago- that we have HUGE expectations; none of us live up to over expectation BUt things happen and we need to adjust our expectation; NOt accept mediocrity But that succcess may come in differant forms.

pSs: Pollyanna is alive and well;

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm always positive, delusionally so! :lol: I've even delayed my flight out of Melbourne on the Grand Final weekend for the sheer reasoning that I'd hate to miss seeing us play in it! :P :twisted:

COME ON SAINTS!!! YOU LAZY BUGGERS!! :twisted:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:Roos said it was the Swans best game of the year, so we weren't far off the mark.
I haven't watched the Swans play much this year (why bother, when the living room wall is there), but Saturday night was a game in which the majority of their star players showed nothing or next to nothing, their defence was holding on by its fingernails every time we moved the ball forward , and in which their most important goal-scoring opportunities came from dodgy free kicks.

Gee they must have been poor in their other games.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Saint_in_SA wrote:Roos said it was the Swans best game of the year, so we weren't far off the mark.
I haven't watched the Swans play much this year (why bother, when the living room wall is there), but Saturday night was a game in which the majority of their star players showed nothing or next to nothing, their defence was holding on by its fingernails every time we moved the ball forward , and in which their most important goal-scoring opportunities came from dodgy free kicks.

Maybe that is why Roos is different.....because he assesses how they play based on team objectives......and his team shut down the Saints in the way that he envisaged.

He likes to grinf opponents down and get on top late.....so by his meaasures he succeded.

I don't think it phases him at all if no-one starts....his whole focus is TEAM...not individual stars.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:Roos said it was the Swans best game of the year,
meher baba wrote:their most important goal-scoring opportunities came from dodgy free kicks.

I counted 7 of their 12 goals came from dodgy free kicks, 4 directly and 3 indirectly

We had them, but each time the umpires would gift them another goal to keep them in the contest

If that's the Swans best game of the season so far then FAIR ***** DINKUM they are rooted unless there's an AFL directive to the umpires to do whatever it takes to get the Swans over the line

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:I counted 7 of their 12 goals came from dodgy free kicks, 4 directly and 3 indirectly

We had them, but each time the umpires would gift them another goal to keep them in the contest

If that's the Swans best game of the season so far then FAIR ***** DINKUM they are rooted unless there's an AFL directive to the umpires to do whatever it takes to get the Swans over the line
Passive post from yourself there barks..........

I take it you didn't have hard-earned on this game!

:wink:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Max still can't kick though. I guess that's why he's our FB!

He'll never play as "third tall" because that is a lot more of an attacking role, which he is not suited to, imo.

supersaints
Club Player

Re: I apologise for not being negative....

saintsRrising wrote:I apologise for not being negative....but one HUGE plus from the Swans game for me was that Max was back in town with a very good game on Hall.

Max was back to near his best with great timing and his signature closing speed to spoil.

Wonderful what some match practice can do....anad few games to get match fit..
Don't apologise.... 90% of forumites are negative on every post... makes you wonder why they put themselves through the season....
Most of the players that came back in the second half should reach peak match fitness soon ... if we can just hang on and scrape in ... we will do some damage!!!!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
barks4eva wrote:I counted 7 of their 12 goals came from dodgy free kicks, 4 directly and 3 indirectly

Passive post from yourself there barks..........

I take it you didn't have hard-earned on this game!

:wink:

I did but I covered myself in the event of a swans win

lost $48 overall

had $25 on Richmond so that helped to balance the ledger

back the bottom placed tigers and they do the right thing

would have made a $400 profit for 1 to 19 and $500 for 20 to 39

a draw would have returned about $1, 400

in the Prince of Wales I let off quite a bit of steam

In all seriousness those cabbages/umpires should be drug tested

I thought we had the better of it, to be honest, but the umpires kept Sydney in the game

they only kicked about 5 goals unassissted

and it's not like the free kicks were there, they were just WRONG, so WRONG

the free kick against Dal Santo at a crucial point in the third term summed up the whole night

you fight to win the ball and then some cabbage runs in and pings us for holding the ball, even when Dal Santo was hit in the head

I mean FAIR ***** DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

barks4eva wrote: the free kick against Dal Santo at a crucial point in the third term summed up the whole night

you fight to win the ball and then some cabbage runs in and pings us for holding the ball, even when Dal Santo was hit in the head

I mean FAIR ***** DINKUM
An article in the local copy of today's Herald Sun (early edition) with the write up of the game.

"IN TROUBLE

Barry Halls poor season continued as he was held to seven disposals, four marks and no goals by Max Hudghton.
Hall has given away the most free kicks this season and has dropped 10 uncontrolled marks, three more than any other player. He also struggled to control his frustrations and may come under scrutiny for making high contact to Nick Dal Santo. The umpire then paid a holding the ball free kick against Dal Santo and the Swans kicked a goal."

The AFL won't charge Hall as it would show what a joke the umpires are.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Max was back to near his best with great timing and his signature closing speed to spoil.

His closing-speed speed spoils are pretty much as good as any FB in the comp when he's 100% fit. Good to see him regain his form as i thought it might not happen for him with all the soft-tissue injuries his picked up over the last year or so.

Now, we only have to wait for Goose find form. He seems to still be finding his touch :?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintsRrising wrote:I apologise for not being negative....but one HUGE plus from the Swans game for me was that Max was back in town with a very good game on Hall.
:D :P :D :P :D
sRs never ever apologise for not being negative... :lol:

Seeya