Outcoached, Out Played and Poor Skills

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LennyBoy
Club Player

Outcoached, Out Played and Poor Skills

There's no excuse for the loss last night. There is no questioning the commitment, however too many times throughout recent years we have failed to deliver the goods in crucial games.

Our mental strength just isn't there in times of toughness (and hasn't been since for some time). If we lack the desire, you just have to wonder will the players and more specifically coaching staff address this issue head on, and stop avoiding the tough questions.

Our gameplan has gone from all out attack, high scoring, exciting to dull, tactical, and measured play; which clearly doesn't suit of crop of players.

Our skills are another major area of concern, not just when under pressure, but also when we have plenty of time on our hands, we struggle to hitup a target.

C'mon Sainters theres no excuse to throw in the towel early, and the next three weeks will be a decisive factor in the future of many at the club, and just how successful the Lyon rebranding has been in 2007.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
milney044
Club Player

i dont think its just this year. i wasnt happy with the way we were playing last year either. in 2004 and 5 we were awesome to watch, fast and ferocious. since then we've been slow and weak and i cant work out whether its the opposition that have worked it out or its us who have fallen away. now we've had some good wins this year dont get me wrong, but i still wouldnt call them thrilling, exciting games like i used to watch consistently in previous years. maybe the west coast game is an exception, maybe after those years where we made two preliminary finals ive just become greedy. i dont know what it is but we arent the team we used to be and that happens i accept that, its just strange because i dont know what changed us. surely you cant put it down to a few players being unavailable eg. hamill. all i want is some hard, attacking, exciting football or is that too much to ask?

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.