Free Kicks in forward line?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AlpineStars
Club Player

Free Kicks in forward line?

I would like to know if poss if anyone could tell me how many goals we have got through frees and how many against? Maybe I am one eyed but I think this season we have been hit hard with goals from free kicks?

Wake me up when September ends.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Whatever the numbers are they are totally irrelevant. Surely you are not suggesting that a,legitimate free kick be not paid becuse we've had too many frees this season.

All free kicks should be paid. Our problem is that there is a new 'hands in/on the back' rule being paid against our defenders this season but our forwards are being monstered/manhandled/abused/infringed and their opponents are being penalized only 1 time in 4 or 5 infringements.

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

i dont know the exact numbers but my estimate would be about

5 to sydney and 1 to us (50 metre penalty, resulted in hayes goal) is the only one i remember

AlpineStars
Club Player

Hey Magic I didn't state or ask anything about the reasons for the free kicks I only asked what the stats were if you don't know then don't jump on my back about. You had a go at me and then said in the next paragraph you think I was right we are getting penalised more than our oponents?

hotdish
Club Player

From the Herald Sun website stats -

sydney - GOALS: Free 4; Play 3; Mark 5

saints - GOALS: Free 2; Play 4; Mark 3

milney044
Club Player

6 goals from free kicks in one game = OVER UMPIRING

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:Hey Magic I didn't state or ask anything about the reasons for the free kicks I only asked what the stats were if you don't know then don't jump on my back about. You had a go at me and then said in the next paragraph you think I was right we are getting penalised more than our oponents?
My apologies Alpine. Maybe I misread your op.

I got the feeling you were complaining about free kicks being awarded against us that resulted in goals.

What I was attempting to say is that all free kicks deserve/should be paid, even those against us that result in goals.

Conversely we deserve to receive all free kicks for infringements against us and I feel that our forwards receive far less than they actually deserve.

SO, if your point is that we are being 'shafted' then you are correct but for the wrong reason. The vast majority of frees paid against us each week are correct, it is the ones not being paid to us that is skewing our view of the umpires performance.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:6 goals from free kicks in one game = OVER UMPIRING
Not if they are there it isn't.

AlpineStars
Club Player

Is there anyone who knows these stats for the year because it is not only Sat night but all year. At least 4 games I have gone home thinking about soft goals for our opposition from free's right in front. Like I said i am one eyed and maybe its me, but there have been a lot of games where we break 2 or 3 goals clear only to have a soft goal paid at the other end.