umpiring...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
meher baba wrote: Mate, you are a dead set racist, and - worse still - are dead set wrong. Go and wash your mind out with soap.
dont you think your over-reacting slightly? its not like he used the precious "N word" (which i dont condone). the comments may have been slightly politically incorrect, but you want correct and politics, AFL is not your sport because demetriou is a F**kwit
Yes, I suppose he didn't accuse Goodes of being a murderer or a drunk either. Doesn't mean he isn't a racist.

But one of the main weapons used by racists around the world is to complain that a minority group is in some way getting an unfair advantage over the majority. Many race riots, involving the murders of countless thousands (if not millions) of innocent people, have been started by politicians who have made this sort of claim.

The poster made such a claim in relation to Goodes, which was not only racist and inflammatory, but laughably incorrect.

So I don't think I was overreacting at all.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he gives away free kicks that is true...but he should give away so much more ( or be pinged by the umps)

there was one instance earlish in the game where goodes tackled blake and rode him into the ground to surely give blake the push in the back...blake subsequently lost the ball and got done for incorrect disposal...or something...god knows

he is getting known as a cheap shot merchant and his getting off after smashing into the back of godfrey earlier in the year is am example of this...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he gives away free kicks that is true...but he should give away so much more ( or be pinged by the umps)
I reckon that's got more to do with him being a Swan than being an Aborigine.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he gives away free kicks that is true...but he should give away so much more ( or be pinged by the umps)
I reckon that's got more to do with him being a Swan than being an Aborigine.
hit it right on the head there !!!
goodes gets not better treatment then the rest of the cheating swans
i mean boofhead hall gets away with cheep shots each week.
i dont think goodes aboriginal background has anything to do with anything but more the fact of him being a brownlow medalist meaning the umpires give him the benifit of the doubt on most 50/50 decisions thats why the umps look lost when judd tackles goodes cause they dont know who they love more ?!?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
mullet wrote:
Superboot wrote:I can't remember a game where we were so slaughtered by the umpires, but at least 50% of it was that Sydney were too smart for the idiots in yellow.

They've adopted the Adelaide tactic of throwing your head back every time you are tackled. They also verbal the umpires when there's a ball-up pointing to their faces. It went on the the whole game.

When all else fails, fall to the ground holding your head.
Yep just showed schneider on chanel 10. bumped in the shoulder and went down holding his face. Did he get a free does anyone know
no he didnt...i agree that Sydney are all a pack of wingers, Adam Goodes feels as though he should throw in his 2cents worth for every decsion and that bloody jude bolton...he spends more time with his hands in the air appealing than trying to get the ball like a real footballer
The way the Swans playact and harass and yell and complain and put pressure on the umpires is extraordinary. It is a blight on the game ATM. No other team does it even remotely to the same degree.

If I were the director of umpiring I would tell the media in advance that the umps were going to crack down on it and then umpire the Swans out of the game for a few weeks by giving frees and 50s for backchat.

The tribunal ought to have a look at Schneider's effort at ham acting. There must be something they can charge him with.
The cheating an lack of courage in these actions speaks volumes to the rubbish that the swans put out about the bloods and their mental toughness. They get a boost from their media profiles and their ability to intimidate umpires into making the most stupid of decisions.

Whilst we were poor in patches there's no doubt in my mind that they influenced the result (it may have been the same but we'll never know) by making so many bewildering decisions. In one direction.