umpiring...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

umpiring...

i am usually not one to harp on about umpiring but tonights effort thus far has been terrible...

usually it even's out and we get as much as we take but a few free-kicks to goodes (espeically the 'push in the back on blake that somehow become a goodes free kick') is a prime example

cj has been done for holding the ball twice when he barely had a second between the two contests to get rid of he ball let alone find a saints options

the swans are truly the afl's lovechild

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Grimfang
Club Player

I think they're actually a fair way in the negative on a total Frees for / Frees against basis over the season. I'm listening to the ABC call and they are mystified by a number of the frees the Swans are getting. Some of the others are there but very "tiggy-touchwood".

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

The Swans are an AFL lovechild, but this isn't the reason we are getting dudded in frees. It is actually that the Umps hate us, and have since Thomas had a go at them a few years ago.

They will take any opportunity to give us a tough run.

savatage
SS Life Member

Jesus, this is the worst umpired game I've seen for a long time. WTF is with all the bulls*** costly free kicks tonight?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Whatever the explanation, they are crucifying us tonight. :twisted:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Apparently if you elbow a defender in the head your team gets the free kick and goal.

That No.30 umpire McEnerney is a farking incompetent cheat who should be dropped from the umpiring squad.

Worst decision I have seen this year.

You fair dinkum hit somebody in the head wih an elbow AND YOU GET THE FARKEN FREE KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*** this game of AFl has been turned into a farken joke by this administration.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
savatage
SS Life Member

The holding the ball where the swans player dragged it under the saints player & got given the free shot at goal was also a f****** disgrace.

savatage
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Apparently if you elbow a defender in the head your team gets the free kick and goal.

That No.30 umpire McEnerney is a farking incompetent cheat who should be dropped from the umpiring squad.

You fair dinkum hit somebody in the head wih an elbow AND YOU GET THE FARKEN FREE KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*** this game of AFl has been turned into a farken joke by this administration.
Oh yeah, don't forget that the head is a protected area this year too. What a fkn joke.

sarah 2
Club Player

to change the subject slightly does anyone think there will be any fine for gram running into the goal umpire while trying to get the ball into the play after a swans behind

GO SAINTS
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

STOP DREAMING EVERYONE - take off your rose-colored glasses - umpires had no effect on the shyte we dished up tonight.

the best thing an umpire could have done would have been fall across Clarke's knee... alas....

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

I can't remember a game where we were so slaughtered by the umpires, but at least 50% of it was that Sydney were too smart for the idiots in yellow.

They've adopted the Adelaide tactic of throwing your head back every time you are tackled. They also verbal the umpires when there's a ball-up pointing to their faces. It went on the the whole game.

When all else fails, fall to the ground holding your head.

Sam23
SS Life Member

easily the worst we've been umpired this year always seemed to be frees that would be given to Sydney.

3 goals in the third quarter from umpire....2 in the first...1 in the second and 2 in the last.

Absoloute bulls***.

Barry Hall elbows Dal in the face and he gets pinged for holding the ball?

saintgus
Club Player

Umpiring was bloody awful...im really angry and disappointed tonight....to be honest we didnt play very well, we just didnt hit targets and took silly options but umpiring didnt help....Umpiring was definitely terrible and we were given a rough go....we'll come back next week, im stayin confident

Saints for the flag 2010
Mooksy
Club Player

I also never go on about umpires but tonight was a disgrace. The holding the ball decisions were pathetic!

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Seaford_Saint wrote:STOP DREAMING EVERYONE - take off your rose-colored glasses - umpires had no effect on the shyte we dished up tonight.

the best thing an umpire could have done would have been fall across Clarke's knee... alas....
And on that note, is there any chance you could cut your own throat and die soon?

Fair dinkum, wishing one of your own players a major knee injury ... what a turd you are. :evil: :evil:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Mooksy wrote:I also never go on about umpires but tonight was a disgrace. The holding the ball decisions were pathetic!
i agree completely...i always prided myself on not being a cliche supporter who always whinged about umpiring as things has a way of sorting itself out 50/50

they were utterly terrible tonight

anyone have geichen's email???

milney044
Club Player

that 3rd quarter..oh my god. even my dad who was a neutral thought it was incredibly biased and was actually laughing at how one sided it was. now i dont blame the loss on the umps, but boy did it give them the momentum so desperately desired in that all important 3rd term. i believe we cough the ball up too much ourselves to blame the umpires, nevertheless that does not excuse it from being absolutely pathetic.

every week they over umpire, and its not just our games - take a look at essendon v hawks last week. they are messed up, james hird was right MCLAREN YOU ARE A DISGRACE
...the most accurate comment grant thomas has ever made also.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

it seems as though im saying this everyweek..."was the worst game of umpiring iv ever seen"

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:I can't remember a game where we were so slaughtered by the umpires, but at least 50% of it was that Sydney were too smart for the idiots in yellow.

They've adopted the Adelaide tactic of throwing your head back every time you are tackled. They also verbal the umpires when there's a ball-up pointing to their faces. It went on the the whole game.

Yep just showed schneider on chanel 10. bumped in the shoulder and went down holding his face. Did he get a free does anyone know

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:that 3rd quarter..oh my god. even my dad who was a neutral thought it was incredibly biased and was actually laughing at how one sided it was. now i dont blame the loss on the umps, but boy did it give them the momentum so desperately desired in that all important 3rd term. i believe we cough the ball up too much ourselves to blame the umpires, nevertheless that does not excuse it from being absolutely pathetic.

every week they over umpire, and its not just our games - take a look at essendon v hawks last week. they are messed up, james hird was right MCLAREN YOU ARE A DISGRACE
...the most accurate comment grant thomas has ever made also.
no blame the loss on the umps...there were a few free kicks just inside and outsde the swans forward 50 that resulted in swans goals...pathetic

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Superboot wrote:I can't remember a game where we were so slaughtered by the umpires, but at least 50% of it was that Sydney were too smart for the idiots in yellow.

Yep just showed schneider on chanel 10. bumped in the shoulder and went down holding his face. Did he get a free does anyone know
no he didnt...i agree that Sydney are all a pack of wingers, Adam Goodes feels as though he should throw in his 2cents worth for every decsion and that bloody jude bolton...he spends more time with his hands in the air appealing than trying to get the ball like a real footballer

savatage
SS Life Member

Barry Hall is the biggest sooking girl there is.

Tough? Glenn Archer is tough, he doesn't take cheap shots behind the play. All Hall does is cry to the umpires for free kicks & the sad part is, usually he gets them.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

53 free kicks for the game. us 27 them 26. That is a ridiculous amount of frees. Melbourne won by 10 goals and they only got 22 for the whole game

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ffs the afl is so worried about all these breasts cancer rounds and mothers day round and indigenous rounds how about we get the standard of both football and umpiring back to a level THEY USED TO BE...

edited by mods

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Apparently if you elbow a defender in the head your team gets the free kick and goal.

spot on!

Read that Demetriou you farken idiot and give an explanation HOW in gods name Dal could've been pinged for holding the ball.

That was the worst holding the ball decision I think I have ever seen in a game of AFL.

THE UMPIRES ARE CORRUPT ARSES OF THE EARTH!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.