would you sledge braun?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

would you sledge braun?

After watching braun being interviewed on the football show I can't help but wonder if he has this on his mind, seemed VERY upset over it. So the question is, if you were a footballer geting ready to play against the eagles, would you sledge him? Maybe call him epo? cheat :shock:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: would you sledge braun?

Solar wrote:After watching braun being interviewed on the football show I can't help but wonder if he has this on his mind, seemed VERY upset over it. So the question is, if you were a footballer geting ready to play against the eagles, would you sledge him? Maybe call him epo? cheat :shock:
Sledge him for what. No way. Might sledge Aker though.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no.... probably not...but then i'm soft..... :wink: :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

No I would not. But Id take off that poxy ugly melon of akers shoulders though. He should be strung up. Low IQ first class f***wit.

Hey Aker, NEWSFLASH, your bit of a loper mate, not exactly lightning yourself, I can easily envisage another professional footballer running rings round you.

What a spoon.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

No way, on a personal level thats just one of those things I think you leave out of the sledging artillery if you so choose to sledge in the first place.

Carpe Diem
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't, after watching that interview I wouldn't think he has ever used drugs, it didn't look like a man who was lieing.
He look like a man that is hurting alot from what has happened in the past week.

I feel for the poor guy..

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Solar
Saintsational Legend

see I would if it won us a granny ;)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'd sledge the crap out of him....

If I was beating him.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I wouldn't, after watching that interview I wouldn't think he has ever used drugs, it didn't look like a man who was lieing.
He look like a man that is hurting alot from what has happened in the past week.

I feel for the poor guy..
couldn't say it any better. I mean there is always going to be the little though of doubt about the truth of the acusations, and that must tear him apart.

Carpe Diem
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

He'll live.

And yeah I'd sledge him, I love a good blue.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Riewoldting wrote:
And yeah I'd sledge him, I love a good blue.
Sitting back on my lounge and watching the interview when asked if he got sledged I thought myself that I wouldnt, but on second though I dunno, its a whole different game when your out there on the field, I guess itd be fair game, by the sounds of it he would go nuts as well.

Carpe Diem
supersaints
Club Player

I think he is hard done by but he is no Sir Robert Harvey, I have seen him mouth off on the field plenty of times as does almost every Weagle (barr Judd)

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Saint Corin wrote:by the sounds of it he would go nuts as well.
All the more reason to goad him into it.

Braun has crazy bloodnut syndrome, small man complex and 'roid rage all rolled up into one spectacular fuse-blowing package. :lol:

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Not until its proven he has taken drugs, and maybe not even then. Remember hoe upset we were when the filth CS chanted "Milne is a rapist"?

The eGirls deserve alot of negativity thier way because of thier culture and poor player managment (come to think of it, it must be a WA team thing, 'cause the Frockers do, too) but I'll leave Braun alone in favour of Cousins and ball puncher (wayne)Kerr.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Not until its proven he has taken drugs, and maybe not even then. Remember hoe upset we were when the filth CS chanted "Milne is a rapist"?

The eGirls deserve alot of negativity thier way because of thier culture and poor player managment (come to think of it, it must be a WA team thing, 'cause the Frockers do, too) but I'll leave Braun alone in favour of Cousins and ball puncher (wayne)Kerr.
Why sledge Cousins? According to the AFL he hasn't tested positive to anything illegal. IMHO, sledging him is as bad as sledging Braun - both innocent until proven guilty. Or for that matter Fletcher, or Kerr, neither of whom has tested positive.

And we certainly shouldn't sledge Selwood for being a 'sledger' because according to the trybunal he never said what Headland heard him say.

Please excuse me whilst I go look at what the tooth fairy has left me under my pillow. :roll:

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
riccardo wrote:Not until its proven he has taken drugs, and maybe not even then. Remember hoe upset we were when the filth CS chanted "Milne is a rapist"?

Why sledge Cousins? According to the AFL he hasn't tested positive to anything illegal. IMHO, sledging him is as bad as sledging Braun - both innocent until proven guilty. Or for that matter Fletcher, or Kerr, neither of whom has tested positive.

And we certainly shouldn't sledge Selwood for being a 'sledger' because according to the trybunal he never said what Headland heard him say.

Please excuse me whilst I go look at what the tooth fairy has left me under my pillow. :roll:
What was he doing at a drug rehab clinic in LA, then? Visiting Lindsey?

Cousins has done something, Ray Charles can see that!

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

On the off chance that the saints use a third/fourth round pick on an unfit 41 year old I've prepared for this eventuality.

No I won't.

killa_gram
Club Player

I say sledge away.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

What was he doing at a drug rehab clinic in LA, then? Visiting Lindsey?

Cousins has done something, Ray Charles can see that!
Well then Aker apparently saw that Braun has also done something!

All I'm saying is that Benny-boy has never been proven guilty. You and I and everyone else on the planet may suspect that he has but he hasn't been proven to have. Your reason for not sledging Braun is that he hasn't been proven guilty - the same as Benny-boy.

Milne to the contrary was found by the police to 'not have a case to answer', which is quite different to either Benny-boy or Braun.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i would rathe spend my time getting the ball of him then mouthing off
i had a coach who said to me once if you have enuff energy to mouth off to the umpire/opersition then you aint running hard enuff !

as for bruany i think it just proves that one bad egg can corrupt the whole bunch if you were on the eagles team you gotta be thinking how long til i get tared by the same brush

aker has opened a huge can of worms here and in all honesty i think he may be thinking hes bit off more then he could chew

weather braun is guilty or not it is a tarnish on his career and i dont blame him for beeing peeved off but it makes u think how westcoast are going to go trying to keep some of their players with the constant accusations against them guilt by association benny boys a druggy so therefore all the blokes who hang out with him could be rightly or wrongly this is a perception ppl other then die hard eagles supporter could have

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

no i wouldnt either..

IMO i dont think braun has done anything wrong...
i dont believe anything that wanker (akermanis) says

he has to learn to shut his overly big mouth

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

aker has the best interests of football as a whole at heart...but like anyone he gets things wrong at times and this occassion maybe/may not be one of them...noone can really tell apart from braun deep down

even if aker had shut his mouth over matthews i still believe he would have been moved on via trade anyways as he was not part of the midfield of black power lappin etc that could nurture the young players coming through...

so in essence he was taking up a position on the hff for a player who could be fast tracked

although black, power had currency they are/can be foreseen to be carrying the team for a few more years whereas finishers like aker can be on traded to clubs that need a missing piece of a puzzle to charge towards a flag...pre-injury i thought bradshaw would have left too but that was that until he did his knee

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Of course, it's a jungle out there.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

He's fair game................

I'd be getting into his head - underrated player............

FWIW Only players I wouldn't sledge were players who had a family member with an illness or a death in the family.

Apart from that bring it on!

Poor poor West Coast thinking the world's got it in for their players. They never do anything wrong do they? All choir boys. :roll:

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Since when has truth of the allegation been a prerequisite of a good sledge?