Ch 7 names Aker Drug Suspect

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Cats could be the big winners from Aka's comments come Sept.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think the drug issue is FAR greater than anyone imagines in afl.
i think the afl is FAR more corrupt than anyone imagines.

its funny how everyone absolutely gives aker s***, yet if he donned a saints jumper and lined up on the half forward line he'd be everyones new 'hero'.

Ok, he's said/done a few things that he prob regrets, but haven't most players?.....look at cousins for christ sake.
And to think that the bloke went away for six weeks and kicked a metamphetamine adiction is highly suss.
And he hung around on his own doing drugs did he?....be real.

the drugs thing has been hushed up by the afl numerous times.....it doesn'l look to good if players are being busted 'having fun' that breaks the law does it?....its why the 3 strike penalty was introduced.
And there has been a few players that have reached strikes one and two.....
Cousins isnt the only big name to get done, he's just the only one that has been brought to the publics attention.

yeah aker can be a wanker sometimes, but at least he says whats on his mind and doesnt give a crap what other people think....and he doesnt just go around throwing accusations out there either,...he actually isnt that stupid.
oh......... and aker DIDNT leak the name.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:48am, edited 1 time in total.

Halo Halo
Club Player

What I dont understand is why Chanel 7 is coping ALL the flack for naming Brauhn however it was Aker who started the initial complaint about him.. If he (Aker) had doubts he should never have put it in a colum in a newspaper - there are correct channels for this..

Akermanis is a joke, He is an uneducated loud mouth who should think before he speaks.. Of-course 7 will be in trouble naming Brauhn (i smell a law suit coming) but Aker should not, and will not, escape the trouble, without any evidence except the fact that he played better than him, he labelled Brauhn a drug-cheat..

Akermanis has for too long seen himself above the game & above the rules - He has tranished both another players name & the game.. He should be made responsible for his actions..

Halo Halo
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:

its funny how everyone absolutely gives aker s***, yet if he donned a saints jumper and lined up on the half forward line he'd be everyones new 'hero'.

Can guantee you that if he ever donned a Saints jumper I would not label him a hero!! The only thing I would hail him is a taxi to go to another club!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

would be interesting to see the results of EPO tests on WCE.

although the AFL might let it slip for a few months to let it clear out of their system with their head in the sand syndrome.

who was that ex hawk who said he did party drugs and no one tested him for years?

and how is it cousins who admitted to having a problem was never found caught?

and how is it kerr admitted in a recorded conversation to abusing drugs and was never caught?

and fletcher denied taking drugs and then refused to release his medical records to prove himself.

etc etc.

where there is smoke there is likely to be fire.

the AFL is desperate to sweep this under the carpet because its the worst kept secret that WCE contains more than a few drug abusers and the 06 premiership is likely to be the most tainted one since 1992...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:would be interesting to see the results of EPO tests on WCE.

although the AFL might let it slip for a few months to let it clear out of their system with their head in the sand syndrome.

who was that ex hawk who said he did party drugs and no one tested him for years?

and how is it cousins who admitted to having a problem was never found caught?

and how is it kerr admitted in a recorded conversation to abusing drugs and was never caught?

and fletcher denied taking drugs and then refused to release his medical records to prove himself.

etc etc.

where there is smoke there is likely to be fire.

the AFL is desperate to sweep this under the carpet because its the worst kept secret that WCE contains more than a few drug abusers and the 06 premiership is likely to be the most tainted one since 1992...
What happened in 1994??

:roll: :roll:

saint4life
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

it was probably the worst kept secret/rumour that WCE were 'supplimenting' their diets.

I remember them laughing about it at the time on TV on one of the sports shows when asked what would happen if the testers came around, said more than a few would be leaping the back fence.

there were certainly fingers being pointed at the WCE back 6 and one of their forwards.

I think the from memory the brother of one WCE also made a claim regarding the players intake of substances...

again I think they AFL testing was ad hoc and pretty much Charles was damn unlucky to get caught.

Given the WCE COACH said they had knowledge about Cousins 'substance abuse' for 6 months leading up to the suspension, and he wasn't caught once, it can only be assumed that the testing regime has failed miserably.

SHUT UP KRIME!
StSteven
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:i think the drug issue is FAR greater than anyone imagines in afl.
i think the afl is FAR more corrupt than anyone imagines.

Ok, he's said/done a few things that he prob regrets, but haven't most players?.....look at cousins for christ sake.
And to think that the bloke went away for six weeks and kicked a metamphetamine adiction is highly suss.
And he hung around on his own doing drugs did he?....be real.

the drugs thing has been hushed up by the afl numerous times.....it doesn'l look to good if players are being busted 'having fun' that breaks the law does it?....its why the 3 strike penalty was introduced.
And there has been a few players that have reached strikes one and two.....
Cousins isnt the only big name to get done, he's just the only one that has been brought to the publics attention.

yeah aker can be a wanker sometimes, but at least he says whats on his mind and doesnt give a crap what other people think....and he doesnt just go around throwing accusations out there either,...he actually isnt that stupid.
oh......... and aker DIDNT leak the name.
Great post....totally agree. The cover up is about to be broken open.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
riccardo wrote:Aker is undoubtedly a Grade A fool, .
No offence, but I don't agree at all. Ever met the guy? Neither have I.

"... ooohhh.... yeah... that Aker guy.... he's a real loser and a fool... I wish he'd shut his big mouth"

hahaha... the masses are so easily manipulated by the media. Aker is a walking headline for sure - but he don't edit or own the media.

As mentioned before - I LOVE AKER! - BLOODY LEGEND! He's A WINNER!!!!

Some ppl don't like winners.
OK then, in my personal opinion, he comes across as a person who speaks before he thinks about what he is going to say, making him appear to be arrogant and foolish.

EDIT: post appeared hostile. Sorry.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

if aker came to the saints and played like he did at the lions off OUR half forward flank i wouldnt be hailing him a taxi.

Think about it........there are previous stories/rumors/statements/facts about the eagles from the early 90's...what got done about it?...that WE saw?
nothing.
then there was all the huff with fletcher (wasnt it??) and a few others....not long after the Cousins saga.....now who do some of these 'higher calibre' players have connections/associations with?

it HAS to be hushed up, it goes much higher than we all prob think it does, and there is prob lots more involved and have been or have known about it for a long time....so ALL the truth cant really come out can it???

lets see.....who runs a very high %age of the bookmaking, gambling, drugs, entertainment, and security industries......and also owns a huge percent of the bigger pubs not to mention NUMEROUS other 'businesses'

EPO testing.....LOL :lol:
thats there, in place, so it LOOKS like something is being done about the 'drug' problem.
it makes u think different when big name players are out with 'injuries' for 4 weeks and then reinjure themselves just before they are about to get back into the side.

its rife......simple.

i wonder who ACTUALLY conducts the drug test?.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Aka's boots need to be tested for EPO!!!

Those were LOUD!!!

Loves been noticed though doesn't he!!!

Still i would take him at the saints anyday!!!

Hes got 3 permierships.....that would bring a hell of alot to a club!!!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

What would you do if 1 player out of 22 was consuming illegal substances during the grand final and was tested positive...

it would be a PR disaster.

also certain chemical substances are in the hair follicles for months afterwards, reputedly 6 months.

when this was mooted as a cheaper and more effective method of drug testing cousins went over season with a nigh on shaved head.

the AFL DOES NOT want to find drugs in AFL players, hence the 3 strikes rule.

given 500 tests per annum, you would be unlucky to be tested more than once per year... given you do most of your bulking up in the pre season and its an issue of endurance...and EPO is not tested for...

SHUT UP KRIME!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah...
that whole boot changing thing at half time is rather like his handstand pushup......pointless. :twisted:

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:48am, edited 1 time in total.

Brewer
Club Player

I'm not Aka's greatest fan, but I think he's been unfairly crucified over this.

He didn't deliberately 'drop a bombshell' about this - he just mentioned in his Herald Sun column that EPO was not tested for, and that he suspected it was being used by some AFL players. He included an anecdote where he mentioned neither the player nor the team.

At worst, it was probably a dumb thing to mention in his column considering he hadn't lodged an official complaint.

The media harassed the AFL about it, who then had to harass Aka about it, so Aka has complied and named the player he suspected. Through whatever channels the name has been leaked, but you can hardly accuse Aka of grandstanding.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

just as an interesting addendum to this, I dont know how true but the AFL has requested that some stored samples of tests conducted be destroyed as they have been kept for more than 6 months.

again i just got this from a friend, and it could just be a rumour so is completely unsubstantiated but...

SHUT UP KRIME!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Aker is Farkkkkkked

He would be as popular as a turd in a sleeping bag right now amongst the
playing fraternity.Dead set dog,without any proof......

Having said that,maybe Aker was privvy to stories floating around the Afl
circle and decided to air one of them.He probably has his arse covered legally by not naming the Eagles player himself.....

:P

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
mischa
Club Player

Hope he sues the living daylights out of Aker and the Western Bulldogs (Ruckit approved it apparently) :roll:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Brewer wrote:I'm not Aka's greatest fan, but I think he's been unfairly crucified over this.

He didn't deliberately 'drop a bombshell' about this - he just mentioned in his Herald Sun column that EPO was not tested for, and that he suspected it was being used by some AFL players. He included an anecdote where he mentioned neither the player nor the team.

At worst, it was probably a dumb thing to mention in his column considering he hadn't lodged an official complaint.

The media harassed the AFL about it, who then had to harass Aka about it, so Aka has complied and named the player he suspected. Through whatever channels the name has been leaked, but you can hardly accuse Aka of grandstanding.
Very well put.

I read Aka's article, and I think those calling for it to be put through channels, including the AFL thinking of sanctioning him are missing the point.

It's impossible for players to be sure their opponents are playing straight.

The article was really no more dramatic than that - he even went on to say that after bringing it up with teammates some of them were in disagreement, so it's not like he was claiming to have a slam dunk case. He claimed to have doubts.

Aka is a three time premier and a brownlow medallist. He's been beat numerous times, and it's not like he claimed the only way to beat him was drugs... he's in a far better position to judge this than us.

And not having seen the Channel 7 thing, did Aka actually put the name, or did CH 7 decide it was Braun? If it was Aka, he's going to get sued (and surprising given the lengths he went to NOT to name names). If it's the latter, then using Aka's article as leverage to attempt to make unsubstantiated claims is - at best - shoddy journalism.

But Aka does make a familiar target...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

bobmurray wrote: He would be as popular as a turd in a sleeping bag right now amongst the
playing fraternity.Dead set dog,without any proof......
Well I think that would depend ow many players are concerned about drug use wouldn't it? Those who are innocent and believe everyone else is innocent would probably be annoyed about the disrepute. Those who are guilty and worried about getting caught would be angry.

That doesn't even begin to imply that what he said would upset players at large.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

if aker was in the saints and he made theses accusations i would be as mad as hell ... we are trying to make the finals and he brings this kinda s*** to the doorstep ... this is exactly why i didnt want aker at the saints !!
i would be hell angry if i was a doggies supporter wouldnt you want your star signing concentrating on playing in the now then dredging up the past at his old home ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
supersaints
Club Player

Look at thread......on this forum.........Aker pie night .....Aker named the player - but the poster said it was not a public forum because you had to pay to get in ????? (Tosser?That's weird particularly as the poster also said Jon Anderson from the Herald Scum was also there also .................right or wrong... dodge or shake Aker DID name the player (and others) in a public forum .... now that is SCUM........

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:And not having seen the Channel 7 thing, did Aka actually put the name, or did CH 7 decide it was Braun? If it was Aka, he's going to get sued (and surprising given the lengths he went to NOT to name names). If it's the latter, then using Aka's article as leverage to attempt to make unsubstantiated claims is - at best - shoddy journalism.
If Akermanis publishes comments that would lead someone with knowledge of extrinsic facts to identify Braun as being the subject of the comments, then Akermanis has identified Braun. It is not necessary for him to use the words "Michael Braun".

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
congorozides
Club Player

Halo Halo wrote:What I dont understand is why Chanel 7 is coping ALL the flack for naming Brauhn however it was Aker who started the initial complaint about him.. If he (Aker) had doubts he should never have put it in a colum in a newspaper - there are correct channels for this..

Akermanis is a joke, He is an uneducated loud mouth who should think before he speaks.. Of-course 7 will be in trouble naming Brauhn (i smell a law suit coming) but Aker should not, and will not, escape the trouble, without any evidence except the fact that he played better than him, he labelled Brauhn a drug-cheat..

Akermanis has for too long seen himself above the game & above the rules - He has tranished both another players name & the game.. He should be made responsible for his actions..
Its Braun for starters. I cant believe people are so quick to sink the boots into Aker and to defend the AFL brand. I mean people are so eager to buy the AFL PR spin and dont seem to care about the truth.

AKer wanted to raise the issue in a meaningful way and gave an example. He never named anyone.

Now Demetriou claimes Aker is bringing the game into disrepute because guess what. the AFL brand is being damaged. No care about truth. Just focus on the brand only.

Contrast this with Cousins. Once again AFL brand is being damaged, so COusins gets off scott free and the PR company spin it as "health issue and about Ben's welfare". Once again no matter for truth, just protect the AFL brand at all time.

So we have AKer - non drinker, anti drugs, favourite of little kids and grannies all over the country copping it because he dares to speak about something that hurts the AFL brand.

I tell you what, Demetriou and his sidekick Adrian Anderson have really put me off footy. They treat the fans with contempt and continually insult our intelligence by giving us transparent media spin from the PR companies. I am jack of them thinking we will lap it all up in the name of their brand.

Good on you Aker for daring to go against th AFL's cosy little hear no evil speak no evil policy.
Last edited by congorozides on Wed 08 Aug 2007 5:39pm, edited 2 times in total.