On GT and RB….A shared DREAM..and my thoughts…

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Once upon a time some men, had a dream…

A dream to resurrect their club from a rabble to a powerful club on and off the field.

Many did laugh…but they toiled away and soon had others of like mind such as BW and MK toiling too.

Many laughed still.

They thought and worked hard….and made mistakes. One mistake was said to a be a real blight but it turned out to have hidden gold in a that a core of mature talent was delivered to a club which had been well short of such talent for many a year.

More toil….and then much that had been bad was now good.

Their team was now winning….the coffers once red were now black. Those that had been laughing now started to fear.

RB and GT were not yet satisfied and continued to dream of making their club better.

BW had unfortunately fallen on his sword and departed to resurrect another team playing a strange game…..and has achieved much there.

RB and GT both loved their club….but their dream while the same now was different in that the path that they sought to achieve their shared dream became increasingly different.

Both were of sound heart and true, but both now saw that the path forward was different……but only one path could be taken…not two…and so a decision had to be made.

One path is now again being followed….and it is sad but necessary that one of GT and RB had to fall by the wayside.

For the dream still lives.

I am not going to get into who of RB or GT is right or wrong. We all have different opinions on that (and mine are largely well known)…and we are fully entitled to have different opinions....and to post them.

Just as GT and RB are entitled to have reach ceratain conclusions and for each to have acted in the way that they both believe was best.

One may be more right, both may be wrong……

However what should be of no doubt is that both RB and GT love the Saints, that they wish the best for the Saints…and that they have both given their all to turn around our clubs fortunes….and that both have achieved much.

However many have demonised one or the other…and quite wrongly so. Neither RB nor GT deserve the false propaganda written by many on this forum about them.

Argue about the pros and cons of their decisions/ achievements/ successes/mistakes as much as you like…for this is a forum and that is in large part what a forum is for…..but leave out all the personal abuse which is underserved and uncalled for.

They were once friends who have fallen apart in large part because their vision of what was required for the Saints to be successful, which was once shared, became different.

As too often occurs when arguments occur (friendships or marriages break down, business deals go bad etc etc)...those involved feel wounded and say un-wise words.

Each with a passion wanted the Saints to successful and each having reach conflicting conclusions as to how that was best accomplished were placed in a situation where one had to go. Hard, but that is the way of the world and what occurs …and what needed to occur.

Neither is bad, neither is a moron etc……or deserves the various other derogatory terms hurled so freely at them.

Having a beer. (RB)..or a coffee (GT) with a player are now said by some to be horrendous acts. Ge ta life!!!

What every last Saints fan should be eternally grateful for is that both GT and RB dared to dream…and more than that that they applied themselves to the task, to achieving the dream in lifting the Saints from the basket case that they were.

They both deserve your gratitude.....and not derision.

It is time for Saints fans to but out and leave RB and GT to resolve what they need to resolve.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

amen

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

agree 150% !!!!
whats going on between those two at the moment has nothing to do with us fans or the club for that matter its a dispute between two men in bussiness the fact the footy show are pimping it up as anything more is a testament tothe thread about huchty

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRising,

I wish I had posted this one.

Great work.

SS Hall of Fame

Post of the decade.

Brilliant sRr ....

Support the President, support the board, support the members and support the coach and players.

They are the St. Kilda Football Club.

Not Grant Thomas.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic post, sRr...

Wonderfully put.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We have a fantastic club...lets all help support it rather than assist in its demise.......................

.........but yes healthy debate is good for all.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Bump.

Worth reading.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

A timely bump.

Both deserve our gratitude for what they have done for this football club - they have given us hope and direction; they have challenged us to believe in the power of this football club and what it can achieve.

I presume SFF will be voted in - and rightly so - but I hope the club will always hold a special place for RB & GT for the good work they have done.

Their work from 2002-04 was as good as anyone's in the competition.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:A timely bump.

Both deserve our gratitude for what they have done for this football club - they have given us hope and direction; they have challenged us to believe in the power of this football club and what it can achieve.

Presuming SFF will be voted in, I hope the club will always hold a special place for RB & GT.
together they resurrected the club and we had a couple of great years of hope and expectation there.

together, they could move mountains. unfortunately it all fell apart and now, i believe, the way forward is without rb
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 01 Oct 2007 4:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

concur

while a critic of RB I thank him for what he has achieved.

I believe st kilda is stronger club at the end of 06 than it was in 00 when they took over.

at the end of 07 not sure that we are any weaker than 06.

I believe the window is well and truly open.

its up to the players and coach to take advantage of it.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:I believe the window is well and truly open.

its up to the players and coach to take advantage of it.
absolutely. we need to hit the ground running in 2008 and establish ourselves as premiership contenders from round 1. a good start is crucial.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Very good thoughts.. the club is in good shape regardless of what some are saying, deficiencies will be sorted as time goes on I expect..I'm still very optimistic about 2008.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree Everton that their work from 2002 to 2004 was outstanding.....but as is often the case you are most critically judged from your most recent performance not just past history.

And RB's most recent spats have been nothing less than disgraceful.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Agree Everton that their work from 2002 to 2004 was outstanding.....but as is often the case you are most critically judged from your most recent performance not just past history.

And RB's most recent spats have been nothing less than disgraceful.
you got that right......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.