Rod Butterss pushing the AFL!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
MC Euro Gusto wrote:i am not a religious man but feel strongly that good friday should be a day of rest
me too.....this is still a christian society ffs.....
It is not a christioan society ffs - it is a secular society.

Christianity may be the chief fairy tale believed, but religion has noting to do with the state.
Very, very true.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:I understand this is a touchy debate, but some of the language being used is starting to become highly offensive to those with Christian beliefs.

Is it possible we could debate this without resorting to childishness?
The crux of the problem has to do with religion - Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims and perhaps a few others don't celebrate Good Friday...so with all due respects, respect other religions and those that don't give a stuff about religion also!!!

You love Nicky Winmar who fought the indigineous cause - it's no different here when we are arguing about rights of minority religions and beliefs!

I've got nothing against Christians or nearly all other religions other than mine, so long as people assimilate and don't outwardly let religion donimate their lives in Australia.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Richter
SS Life Member

riccardo wrote:I understand this is a touchy debate, but some of the language being used is starting to become highly offensive to those with Christian beliefs.

Is it possible we could debate this without resorting to childishness?
And to those who believe in fairies! :wink:

P.s. The Collingwood vs Geelong prelim last Friday was played on Yom Kippur - the Jewish "day of atonement".

Lucky for the AFL there were 98,002 Gentiles able to get along to the game.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I've been rattling on about Good Friday Footy for a few years now. I've said from the start that we need to find our own blockbuster games. If we don't go "Full Bore" after Good Friday someone else will and it will be lost forever, just like Anzac Day !!