RENEWED!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

RENEWED!

Re-signed yesterday for another year on the merry-go-round! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This makes 23 years of "agony and ecstasy" "rapture and rupture" "pleasure and pain" (and any other cliche' I may have omitted!) The Saints are a hard habit to break! Some of my non-Saints family and friends wonder why I do it........ I guess they're entitled to their point of view, live and let live, I say. However, I find myself feeling just a twinge of sympathy for those who have not been touched by this crazy old club of ours. God 'elp 'em, poor blighters! they just don't get it!

Loyalty to a footy club like St. Kilda over 23 years takes more than just easing oneself on to the bandwagon of a "big" club....say like Essendon. If I was driven by results alone I'd have given the Saints away after the first season (Malcolm Blight's "Ride of your life"...need I say more?)

I have been made to feel a "small part of a greater whole" since becoming a Saints member. I have been fortunate enough to have made friends, REAL friends, with good people along this often bumpy journey we make each season together. Meeting up each match day with my pal Thomas, for a pre-game beer and a natter, bumping into other dear friends and aqquaintances around the stadium, and then simply enjoying (or otherwise :cry: ) the footy is what makes the whole thing worthwhile!

I'm in my 78th year of life now. The chances of me seeing the Saints win a flag are remote in the years I have left, does this fact put me off supporting this club?

TAKE A WILD GUESS!!!!!!!!!!

Go Saints! GO! (To hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: RENEWED!

Love your passion Jiggster & I wish I had your upbeat approach but unfortunately I don't 😑

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

78.? Good health to you sir.

You have 10 on me yet I don’t expect to see a flag.
Was paid up for about 35 yrs and now interstate don’t miss the angst of following an unsuccessful club.
Still watch all the games and cheer on the few wins, like you made many friends over the journey

Still in contact with a few past players
But I have to say I feel very comfortable not pouring any more money into the club , those days are over. Many years of financial support and fund raising are what all supporters do , but at least they see some results :)

Cheers

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 8:43pm Love your passion Jiggster & I wish I had your upbeat approach but unfortunately I don't 😑
Colleague, I understand your reasons for perhaps not feeling "upbeat". I've come to terms with the fact that it's highly highly unlikely that the Saints will win a flag in my lifetime, that's just reality. However, I refuse to have my enjoyment of, or commitment to, footy and the St Kilda footy club dictated to solely by results. I'm WAY too long in the tooth for that now!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 8:45pm 78.? Good health to you sir.

You have 10 on me yet I don’t expect to see a flag.
Was paid up for about 35 yrs and now interstate don’t miss the angst of following an unsuccessful club.
Still watch all the games and cheer on the few wins, like you made many friends over the journey

Still in contact with a few past players
But I have to say I feel very comfortable not pouring any more money into the club , those days are over. Many years of financial support and fund raising are what all supporters do , but at least they see some results :)

Cheers
Awwwww Cheers for those kind wishes Firey my dear colleague!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

onya jigSTAR! you have many years on me but i have many more years of suffering - 79 my first year - from round one. still never even thought of following another team - sure i've never had the cherry, but the cake tastes pretty good without it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Cheers, Jiggster!

You’re a young 78, but I totally understand the thing about whether that elusive premiership will happen before they roll the closing titles.

Still, we continue to march on and bring da ruckus (as the Wu-Tang Clan said).

That and always look on bright side. Hang in there, fellow Sainters!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 8:49pm
bangaulegend wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 8:43pm Love your passion Jiggster & I wish I had your upbeat approach but unfortunately I don't 😑
Colleague, I understand your reasons for perhaps not feeling "upbeat". I've come to terms with the fact that it's highly highly unlikely that the Saints will win a flag in my lifetime, that's just reality. However, I refuse to have my enjoyment of, or commitment to, footy and the St Kilda footy club dictated to solely by results. I'm WAY too long in the tooth for that now!
Total respect mate I love your humility & input to this site & as much as I doubt I will get to see a flag either I will never give up until I'm in the hole & I will go kicking & screaming debating decisions that IMO are debatable :wink:

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

I have resigned for another year, 52 now. It's like playing tattslotto, you dream of winning, but you never do.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Thu 06 Oct 2022 10:24am I have resigned for another year, 52 now. It's like playing tattslotto, you dream of winning, but you never do.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that’s true right enough re: “playing Tattslotto” Colleague,...However, like Tattslotto, you have to be IN to WIN!?

seano1
Club Player

I’ve bailed, my form of protest at the lack of boardroom activity to get this club up the top. We get close and then egos get in the way and coaches sacked to send us back down again.
Don’t really care if anyone says “your not a true supporter “ ,

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

seano1 wrote: Tue 11 Oct 2022 9:59pm I’ve bailed, my form of protest at the lack of boardroom activity to get this club up the top. We get close and then egos get in the way and coaches sacked to send us back down again.
Seano only the bluesky brigade will bag you . I'm going to the grave as a member but I can see why fans just lose faith . Poorly run ,poorly coached , little success , no attraction for FA's cost of living I really don't blame you .

seano1
Club Player

bangaulegend wrote: Tue 11 Oct 2022 10:20pm
seano1 wrote: Tue 11 Oct 2022 9:59pm I’ve bailed, my form of protest at the lack of boardroom activity to get this club up the top. We get close and then egos get in the way and coaches sacked to send us back down again.
Seano only the bluesky brigade will bag you . I'm going to the grave as a member but I can see why fans just lose faith . Poorly run ,poorly coached , little success , no attraction for FA's cost of living I really don't blame you .
I will also go to the grave as a saints man but at 66 can’t see us getting there for awhile….don’t have a beef with players past or present …they’ve played more top level than i guess most of us on here . I do live in the Geelong region and don’t get to games as much as i used to , will wait till round 2 -3 when they sell memberships cheaper