Karl Amon has signed with...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Karl Amon has signed with...

The Hawks

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Karl Amon has signed with...

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:12pm The Hawks
Yeah you have to wonder why ? A massive saints fan growing up apparently & has connections at St.Kilda but chose Hawks over us not a good sign for us to entice real talent :(

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:30pm
Yeah you have to wonder why ? A massive saints fan growing up apparently & has connections at St.Kilda but chose Hawks over us not a good sign for us to entice real talent :(
Some say his mum working at the club might make it harder for him to be himself?
I don't know, obviously we're not a destination club

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

In the thoughts of most people - Anyone but St Kilda - we are not F@RKING RELEVANT

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:42pm In the thoughts of most people - Anyone but St Kilda - we are not F@RKING RELEVANT
Unfortunately SD you are on the money :(

Rubyjo
Club Player

We are until we ain't..but we need to grow our own through drafting .

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:51pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:42pm In the thoughts of most people - Anyone but St Kilda - we are not F@RKING RELEVANT
Unfortunately SD you are on the money :(
So how do we get Relevant??

My call is to stop with the Social Platforms and special games until we get good enough to warrant a Friday Night.

PS - I would also love to see EVERY player with a shaved head until they earned their hair - lol :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
ace
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda needs to mistreat indigenous players to encourage others to come to the club.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
longtimesaint
Club Player

It could be that we were not that keen as he plays wing.
With Hill, NWM, McKenzie, Peris and Wood we are already stocked with wingers.

One year will be our year
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think the relevant thing and the concern about social platforms is silly. Why would anybody care about that vs getting an opportunity to play more at better money.

IMO the concern would be that if you come to the Saints your career is going to stagnate…
And why wouldn’t someone think that.

Hill came to this club and his standard dropped even if it was over blown

Players in the top 22 have over an extended period, continued to make very very basic skill errors (King and Higgins at goal) or failed to get remotely close to elite fitness (Jones, Clark, Billings).

We re-signed a coach for 2 years after he failed to make finals that we were expected to make… and the perception is we signed him early and covered it up.

We gifted a farewell game to a player that had a mediocre career with us and wasn’t performing at Sandy, whilst celebrating the career of the worst trade that we ever made patting ourselves on the backs and high diving after a loss, thanking him for the 20 games in 4 years

Everything about our club at the moment screams mediocrity is not only accepted… but actively embraced.

Be honest… if your kid was about to be drafted to an AFL club and you were hoping he’d have a good career… would you want him to come to the Saints?

True or not… the perception is that our professional standards are extremely poor

BadRossco
Club Player

Most likely his mother has realised what a Mickey Mouse organisation the Saints are and advised him to go elsewhere

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 3:26pm I think the relevant thing and the concern about social platforms is silly. Why would anybody care about that vs getting an opportunity to play more at better money.

IMO the concern would be that if you come to the Saints your career is going to stagnate…

Players in the top 22 have over an extended period, continued to make very very basic skill errors (King and Higgins at goal) or failed to get remotely close to elite fitness (Jones, Clark, Billings).

We re-signed a coach for 2 years after he failed to make finals that we were expected to make… and the perception is we signed him early and covered it up.

We gifted a farewell game to a player that had a mediocre career with us and wasn’t performing at Sandy, whilst celebrating the career of the worst trade that we ever made patting ourselves on the backs and high diving after a loss, thanking him for the 20 games in 4 years

Everything about our club at the moment screams mediocrity is not only accepted… but actively embraced.

Be honest… if your kid was about to be drafted to an AFL club and you were hoping he’d have a good career… would you want him to come to the Saints?

True or not… the perception is that our professional standards are extremely poor
Sadly true and a withering comment on the "world's most sympathetic employer" environment cultivated by former Players Association boss Matt Finnis.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 3:26pm I think the relevant thing and the concern about social platforms is silly. Why would anybody care about that vs getting an opportunity to play more at better money.

And yet - we are Socially Responsible - you have emphasized my point exactly - THE ONLY TIME ST KILDA NEEDS TO BE RELEVANT IS THE 3 HOURS ON THE WEEKEND.

Make it happen

We don't need to be NICE
We don't need to be LIKED
We don't need to be POPULAR

We need to be RELEVANT

― Aristophanes

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 5:48pm

And yet - we are Socially Responsible - you have emphasized my point exactly - THE ONLY TIME ST KILDA NEEDS TO BE RELEVANT IS THE 3 HOURS ON THE WEEKEND.

Make it happen

We don't need to be NICE

We need to be RELEVANT
Yeah but I don’t see how the way the club markets itself is connected to the professional standards of the players.

Go back to the 09-10 era…
Would the drive, hunger professionalism of Riewoldt, Hayes, Goddard, Dal, Monty, Milne etc be diminished if we were the LGBTQIA+ marketed club?

I doubt the players would care about that stuff hence I’m struggling to see how you’re connecting point A to point B.

Right now I’m hoping that Jack Billings is approaching the highest level of fitness he has ever reached. Why would being socially responsible detract from the amount of laps he’s running.

If that’s the case than WTF are the coaches doing?

Not having a dig… in principle we’re frustrated by the same thing but whilst I’m putting the onus on the coach and players, you seem to be placing it on marketing and the executive.

What am I missing?

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Forgetting if we are relevant or not , can anyone explain what makes karl amon such a great of the game !
Up until he started to get mentioned on this site , I had never heard of him . I looked him up cos I figured he might of been a young gun only to find he's 27 .
He may be a good player, but we've got plenty of those . What we need is a couple of consistent match winners.

In red white and black from 73
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 6:14pm Forgetting if we are relevant or not , can anyone explain what makes karl amon such a great of the game !
Up until he started to get mentioned on this site , I had never heard of him . I looked him up cos I figured he might of been a young gun only to find he's 27 .
He may be a good player, but we've got plenty of those . What we need is a couple of consistent match winners.
I always thought he was overrated. Another player that’s a little too easily shut out when the pressure is on. One could argue that he’d be an upgrade on a few of our players but he wouldn’t have helped us close the gap this year IMO

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 6:12pm

Make it happen

We don't need to be NICE

We need to be RELEVANT
Yeah but I don’t see how the way the club markets itself is connected to the professional standards of the players.

Would the drive, hunger professionalism of Riewoldt, Hayes, Goddard, Dal, Monty, Milne etc be diminished if we were the LGBTQIA+ marketed club?

I doubt the players would care about that stuff hence I’m struggling to see how you’re connecting point A to point B.

Right now I’m hoping that Jack Billings is approaching the highest level of fitness he has ever reached. Why would being socially responsible detract from the amount of laps he’s running.

Not having a dig… in principle we’re frustrated by the same thing but whilst I’m putting the onus on the coach and players, you seem to be placing it on marketing and the executive.

What am I missing?
Not Marketing - Executive

In my eyes - too much looking over our shoulders and worried about what we appear like in the media.

Not enough of a Carlton Attitude - We want Patrick Cripps to play - so he plays

Don't get me wrong - the causes we champion are worthy and should be championed - just get it right on the field first

Executive - ASK THE F@RKING QUESTIONS

and answer about re-appointments - and acceptance of mediocrity

Riewoldt, Hayes, Goddard, Dal, Monty, Milne etc would not have given a dam about Marketing - I agree - but they had the self drive - the current crop seem to perform to what is expected and I just don't think the Big Wigs are driving the players hard enough

In my mind - I reckon the current team would be unstoppable under Carlton/Collingwood/Geelong style Administration [and a bit of Mongrel would not go astray]

NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH MARKETING - except that I think the Boards eyes are on the Marketing and the Cuddles as opposed to getting the job done on the other side of the White Line

If I stood for the Board I would on a ticket of "The Other Side of the White Line" and make Football First the focus again (not to the exclusion of marketing and Championing Causes - but that is not the Executives Role)

I do Business Coaching and the biggest issue I meet is The Owner/Executive worrying about the tyre pressure of the vehicles. In my mind the Executive should be asked each and every week about the team performance and if we are not happy - they should not be

Perhaps LenDog is the start.
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sat 01 Oct 2022 6:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Aristophanes

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:40pm
bangaulegend wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:30pm
Some say his mum working at the club might make it harder for him to be himself?
I don't know, obviously we're not a destination club
Yes we are. Matt Finnis says so.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 6:46pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 6:12pm

Make it happen

We don't need to be NICE

We need to be RELEVANT

What am I missing?
Not Marketing - Executive

In my eyes - too much looking over our shoulders and worried about what we appear like in the media.

Not enough of a Carlton Attitude - We want Patrick Cripps to play - so he plays

Don't get me wrong - the causes we champion are worthy and should be championed - just get it right on the field first

Executive - ASK THE F@RKING QUESTIONS

and answer about re-appointments - and acceptance of mediocrity

Riewoldt, Hayes, Goddard, Dal, Monty, Milne etc would not have given a dam about Marketing - I agree - but they had the self drive - the current crop seem to perform to what is expected and I just don't think the Big Wigs are driving the players hard enough

In my mind - I reckon the current team would be unstoppable under Carlton/Collingwood/Geelong style Administration [and a bit of Mongrel would not go astray]

NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH MARKETING - except that I think the Boards eyes are on the Marketing and the Cuddles as opposed to getting the job done on the other side of the White Line

If I stood for the Board I would on a ticket of "The Other Side of the White Line" and make Football First the focus again (not to the exclusion of marketing and Championing Causes - but that is not the Executives Role)

I do Business Coaching and the biggest issue I meet is The Owner/Executive worrying about the tyre pressure of the vehicles. In my mind the Executive should be asked each and every week about the team performance and if we are not happy - they should not be

Perhaps LenDog is the start.
Appreciate the clarification and agree wholeheartedly

Also am really hoping that Hayes brings back that edge. Everything from his playing career suggests that he will settle for no less than 100% 100% of the time. Hopefully pushes that onto others

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 6:56pm Appreciate the clarification and agree wholeheartedly

Also am really hoping that Hayes brings back that edge. Everything from his playing career suggests that he will settle for no less than 100% 100% of the time. Hopefully pushes that onto others
I have only one job for Lenny

Stand at the players race at the end of each quarter and ask just one question as each and every player comes off.

"Are you satisfied with your efforts?"

That's it

At the moment - less than a handful would be able to answer yes to each and every quarter.

I mean our own Best and Fairest awards 10th to a player who "Performed his role" 75% of the time.

― Aristophanes

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Not a requirement

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 8:59pm Not a requirement
As a player or the clubs marketing?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 9:34pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 8:59pm Not a requirement
As a player or the clubs marketing?
As a player

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The marketing department has no impact on on-field performance.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

If we paid Karl Amon the reported 4.5m that Hawthorn has, this place would be in melt down.