At least we don't have a Sheedy type

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

At least we don't have a Sheedy type

Of all the off field issues we've had over the past, at least we don't have this going on.

Sheedy is an irrelevancy now and is desperately trying to show that he's still relevant. Essendon will let him get away with it because they have a bigger "cult of individual" than we have ever had.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Re: At least we don't have a Sheedy type

Desperately trying to keep himself relevant.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Told me with his own mouth that he wasn’t part of the selection process when I implored him to stymie any possibility of Lyon getting it!

Great story teller and entertainer.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

If the bummers review didn't note that sheeds would have been white anting Ruttten all year then it wouldn't have been very thorough.
Brad Scott must be getting guaranteed shedloads cos how long will it take before he's being undermined by this r sole .

In red white and black from 73
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Sheeds is the real origin of their epic self-destruction.
...psycho!

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Good to see Sheedy and the Bombers on the same page. Couldn’t wait 5 minutes to undermine the new coaching appointment.

😂🤣

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

whiskers3614 wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 5:20pm Told me with his own mouth that he wasn’t part of the selection process when I implored him to stymie any possibility of Lyon getting it!

So when did this catch-up occur?
🤔

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

whiskers3614 wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 5:20pm Told me with his own mouth that he wasn’t part of the selection process when I implored him to stymie any possibility of Lyon getting it!

🤔

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Had a mate who worked with Essendon during 2011 - 2013 period just as Hird came on board and he said it was absolute full of Essendon diehards down to the bootstudder ..... if you weren't diehard Essendon you were ostracised .... he said there were trainer guys that had been there for 30 years and ran the place ... part of the furniture

It's like they are stuck in the 60s 70s 80s .... if you ain't diehard Essendon you can get fkd ..... seems maybe the penny has dropped

Sheedy is a total dinosaur ...... stuck in a bygone era

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 2:29am Had a mate who worked with Essendon during 2011 - 2013 period just as Hird came on board and he said it was absolute full of Essendon diehards down to the bootstudder ..... if you weren't diehard Essendon you were ostracised .... he said there were trainer guys that had been there for 30 years and ran the place ... part of the furniture

It's like they are stuck in the 60s 70s 80s .... if you ain't diehard Essendon you can get fkd ..... seems maybe the penny has dropped

Sheedy grew up in a Melbourne FC zone, played for Prahran as a kid and played for Richmond in the 60's and 70's winning 3 flags, a best and fairest, Captained the club, he is in their Hall of Fame and their Team of the Century and then some how became an Essendon legend as coach as an outsider. Cool story though.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Sheedy has been the problem at Essendon for over two decades. The supporters think he and Hird are Gods, as do everyone else associated with the club. In reality, he is one of the shittiest human beings who's ever been involved in the game. A Machiavellian character, devious to the core. A manipulator, an underhanded slimy operator.

If they don't piss him off now ( and his equally poisonous side kick, Dodoro ), it means they still haven't grown up as a football club.

One thing for sure, he won't be able to white ant Scott like he did with Rutten. Well....with Essendon, you never know

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Albeit via media and not from the inside but would you consider GT a “Sheedy type”?

I was was quite shocked with Sheedy’s public comments.

I believe he should have voiced his disapproval internally and to Hird directly, but publicly is destabilizing, but I’m glad he has done it.

I actually wanted them to bring Tird back and implode. Welcome to the club Brad Scott, nice to see such suppftom day 1😁

The son of a long term friend is a senior exec at Essendon, they believe the infighting at board and club level is still rife with the druggies and the reason they are performing so badly as a club.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 1:56am

🤔
early September at a function he, Kernahan and Nick Maxwell were speakers at, why do you ask?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sheedy is a board member too.

Solidarity. 👍

😂🤣😆

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Sheedy = Grant Thomas if he got a board seat

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Would kind of be nice to have an old rambling lunatic walking around the club that had coached us to 4 flags.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He is ‘eccentric’ because he has four flags.

No flags and he’d be considered insane and a crazy person.

He’s cookoo.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 1:00pm He is ‘eccentric’ because he has four flags.

He’s cookoo.
Four flags in 26 years in a era where there was no salary cap and only four teams dominated the competition for a fair period of that.
His last flag was acheived by cheating the salary cap. Sheedy underachieved.
Essendon have not been a premiership threat since 2001 - once the salary cap moretorium passed.
Sheedy, like a lot coaches of that era were no good once they couldn't buy a premiership team.

Someone compared him to Grant Thomas. I don't think there's been an example where Thomas (as part of the club) has come out and been so vocal against it.
Even with the fallout following his sacking, he was classier and more diplomatic than the president that sacked him.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't it just make your heartbreak to see Essendon lurch from one disaster to another. Have they not suffered enough. All that internal turmoil and bitterness. Hird the gift that keeps on giving. Sheedy gone rogue. Tim Watson must be beside himself at production meetings trying to change subjects.
Ha ha ha ha ha. Can't wait for next board meeting.

happy feet
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 1:34pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 1:00pm He is ‘eccentric’ because he has four flags.

He’s cookoo.
Four flags in 26 years in a era where there was no salary cap and only four teams dominated the competition for a fair period of that.
His last flag was acheived by cheating the salary cap. Sheedy underachieved.
Essendon have not been a premiership threat since 2001 - once the salary cap moretorium passed.
Sheedy, like a lot coaches of that era were no good once they couldn't buy a premiership team.

Someone compared him to Grant Thomas. I don't think there's been an example where Thomas (as part of the club) has come out and been so vocal against it.
Even with the fallout following his sacking, he was classier and more diplomatic than the president that sacked him.
The salary cap breach in 1993 is just another stain on the game. The AFL should have stripped them of the Premiership, just as they should have taken action over the drug scandal, instead the CAS had to impose the penalty. The are the biggest cheating, self-entitled pack of scum bags in the AFL. I hate them more than the filth, just slightly.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 2:29am Had a mate who worked with Essendon during 2011 - 2013 period just as Hird came on board and he said it was absolute full of Essendon diehards down to the bootstudder ..... if you weren't diehard Essendon you were ostracised .... he said there were trainer guys that had been there for 30 years and ran the place ... part of the furniture

I actually liked that Sheedy spoke. It won't do him any good of course, but I think he is a relic of identity at Essendon. And I agree that die-hards are the best supporters at a club.

these days clubs are more or less just AFL franchises. As our Geoff Walsh will do his best to make sure (we win a flag) are a well-behaved branch in the franchise.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!