Gallagher on draft and trading strategy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Gallagher on draft and trading strategy

st.byron wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 4:52pm
Devilhead wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 4:31pm
st.byron wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 3:45pm https://www.zerohanger.com/st-kilda-lis ... ws-128246/

This paragraph in particular re Hill. “ "I've spoken to Hilly quite a bit. He's played some really good footy for us at times, Bradley. He's maybe been a little bit inconsistent, certainly in the back half of this year. But he had some mates as well that were probably in that boat.”

Does this non-committal, not naming the truth drive anyone else nuts? WTF do you mean, “He’s maybe been a little bit inconsistent.” And, “…were probably in that boat”. There’s no maybe or probably about it.

Does anyone else read shyte like this as avoiding naming the hard edged truth and see it as a reflection of the jellydick approach our club has. FFS, call a spade a spade.

Hill has been a massively disappointing, bruise free coaster not worth anywhere near $900k.
Yes I can only imagine the interview ....

Trade Talk - OK thanks for coming in to talk us James. It's fair to say that the Saints had a pretty disappointing back half of the season. Can you give us any insight as to why and what the Saints having cooking for the upcoming Trade week?

Gallagher - Thanks for having me on! Yeah .... our last half of the season was shitful and mainly because of softcocks like Hill who is a massively disappointing bruise free coaster. Also (insert name, insert name , insert name, keep inserting names) are all mental midget jellydick peahearts who need to know the hard edged truth that if they bring that if they bring no fkn effort then they will be on the big fat chopping block, in other words they can fk off

Trade Talk - and Trade week?

Gallagher - No more jellydicks

Trade Talk - Well there you have it ..... thanks again James I am sure the Saints players listening are pretty happy that have been outed on public radio for being pussies. No doubt its the exact motivation they need
Now you’re talking. Why can’t that happen? It pretty sums up what most of us want to see. I.e no more acceptance of absolute shyte mediocrity
Because that’s not the current club culture.

The new-look St Kilda is about everyone coming together for a group hug and basking in the love.

As long as the decency and love prevails, then the wins will take care of themselves, apparently…

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 10:41am
st.byron wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 4:52pm
Devilhead wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 4:31pm
st.byron wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 3:45pm https://www.zerohanger.com/st-kilda-lis ... ws-128246/

This paragraph in particular re Hill. “ "I've spoken to Hilly quite a bit. He's played some really good footy for us at times, Bradley. He's maybe been a little bit inconsistent, certainly in the back half of this year. But he had some mates as well that were probably in that boat.”

Does this non-committal, not naming the truth drive anyone else nuts? WTF do you mean, “He’s maybe been a little bit inconsistent.” And, “…were probably in that boat”. There’s no maybe or probably about it.

Does anyone else read shyte like this as avoiding naming the hard edged truth and see it as a reflection of the jellydick approach our club has. FFS, call a spade a spade.

Hill has been a massively disappointing, bruise free coaster not worth anywhere near $900k.
Yes I can only imagine the interview ....

Trade Talk - OK thanks for coming in to talk us James. It's fair to say that the Saints had a pretty disappointing back half of the season. Can you give us any insight as to why and what the Saints having cooking for the upcoming Trade week?

Gallagher - Thanks for having me on! Yeah .... our last half of the season was shitful and mainly because of softcocks like Hill who is a massively disappointing bruise free coaster. Also (insert name, insert name , insert name, keep inserting names) are all mental midget jellydick peahearts who need to know the hard edged truth that if they bring that if they bring no fkn effort then they will be on the big fat chopping block, in other words they can fk off

Trade Talk - and Trade week?

Gallagher - No more jellydicks

Trade Talk - Well there you have it ..... thanks again James I am sure the Saints players listening are pretty happy that have been outed on public radio for being pussies. No doubt its the exact motivation they need
Now you’re talking. Why can’t that happen? It pretty sums up what most of us want to see. I.e no more acceptance of absolute shyte mediocrity
Because that’s not the current club culture.

The new-look St Kilda is about everyone coming together for a group hug and basking in the love.

As long as the decency and love prevails, then the wins will take care of themselves, apparently…
I’m not so naive as to think this kind of presser would ever actually happen. I am though super frustrated by the club ‘fluffing up’ it’s image whilst making choices like extending Ratten for two years mid-season. Let’s see what else the review brings.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Based on Gallagher's comments in today's Herald Sun we need very early draft pics

Bottom out

saint4life
B.M
Saintsational Legend

If we bottom out

Ratten and the club is rooted

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We need to aim for a team that can contend in 2025. I don’t care about 2023. I don’t care if we finish lower than this year

I’d rather we go a couple of steps back instead of hanging around 12th - 9th for the next 5 years

In practical terms that could mean that we play elite youth and favour games experience over winning games of footy in 2023.

We had failed to create a football department that was focussed on player development under Richo but I think we have improved and we have employed better development coaches recently.

The right strategy to try and win a premiership is to recruit as much high end talent as you can.

Pelchen may have screwed the club, but we had a chance to get it right after he was sacked

We had a few consecutive years under Richo with top ten draft picks. We stuffed up!

Does that mean we HAD to take short cuts and try and cheat our way back up the ladder? No…but that’s the path that was chosen under Lethlean. 2020 made it seem like it was a good call, however we have seen that it was short lived and it did NOT create a premiership window

We recruited too many similar types and not enough elite talent. Do we have enough of a core group of young talent right now? I don’t think so. We have gaps in the list and we have accepted mediocrity for too long.

I want us to build a team that will grow and mature altogether into a finals capable outfit. So what if we go to the draft for the next 3 years. So what if we admit that it is a ‘refresh’ or rebuild of sorts.

jackal
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 9:24pm
jackal wrote:Shame there is no like button.
lol. I must be blind or it didn't appear in my android browser...probably the former!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What draft and trading strategy?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Banger9798
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Sat 08 Oct 2022 9:40am What draft and trading strategy?
Always split your 8s and double down on a face card

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Sat 08 Oct 2022 7:10pm
Do you split your 8s?

My old man used to always spit his 10s.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Going backwards

What guarantees you go forward?

In fact recent history suggests teams that bottom out, don’t go anywhere

Clubs like Collingwood Richmond Geelong etc just keep trading in talent and keep contending

Banger9798
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Sat 08 Oct 2022 8:11pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sat 08 Oct 2022 7:10pm
Do you split your 8s?

My old man used to always spit his 10s.
Just bag the win with the tens

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi