Noble discusses Saints review.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Templar
Club Player

Re: Noble discusses Saints review.

Scollop wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 12:26pm
spert wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 11:06am Is Roughhead still staying on in some capacity?
From memory, I think he was on the record as to not being sure about his long term path, so we allowed him to ‘dip his toe in the water’ on many aspects of club administration and coaching.
Be it part time or not whether he is genuinely committed to the club is the question. It may sound trivial but when working in a team referring to your club as "them" and not "we" raises eye brows. It is like he is declaring to the rest of the footy world that he is not really part of what is going on at the Saints.

Like if he gets a part time gig at Hawthorn or Collingwood or Geelong will "they" morph into "we"?

If a team is going to go all of the way it has to be either all in or bugger off.

I know it comes from a distance and zero inside knowledge, just impressions and body language, but I sadly get the feeling that Roughead is not really committed to the Saints and wants everyone to know that. He may do great work but his spirit is not in it.

Then again I don't even know what his role is. And I hope that I am wrong because he comes across as a top bloke. But if players look up to him, and he has a laise faire attitude, well that can be contagious. And if true he best head off to Hawthorn or wherever he feels he really belongs.

Hope I am wrong and that my thoughts here are BS.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Rubyjo
Club Player

Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 12:51pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 12:26pm
spert wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 11:06am Is Roughhead still staying on in some capacity?
From memory, I think he was on the record as to not being sure about his long term path, so we allowed him to ‘dip his toe in the water’ on many aspects of club administration and coaching.
Be it part time or not whether he is genuinely committed to the club is the question. It may sound trivial but when working in a team referring to your club as "them" and not "we" raises eye brows. It is like he is declaring to the rest of the footy world that he is not really part of what is going on at the Saints.

Like if he gets a part time gig at Hawthorn or Collingwood or Geelong will "they" morph into "we"?

If a team is going to go all of the way it has to be either all in or bugger off.

I know it comes from a distance and zero inside knowledge, just impressions and body language, but I sadly get the feeling that Roughead is not really committed to the Saints and wants everyone to know that. He may do great work but his spirit is not in it.

Then again I don't even know what his role is. And I hope that I am wrong because he comes across as a top bloke. But if players look up to him, and he has a laise faire attitude, well that can be contagious. And if true he best head off to Hawthorn or wherever he feels he really belongs.

Hope I am wrong and that my thoughts here are BS.
Spot on when I heard him say them instead of us a few times he lost me completely .
Comes across as superior and arrogant .

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Tough crowd.

Templar
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 2:52pmTough crowd.
Accepted. But I think the majority of St Kilda people are keen for our club to harden the f up. And now. All in or bugger off. We are on a mission from god. You're either on the bus or off the bus. All players, coaches, staff, volunteers, everyone need to make a pact. Yes I am all in. Else out of respect I hand in my resignation. So are well all in? Charge!!!!!

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 3:20pm
saynta wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 2:52pmTough crowd.
Accepted. But I think the majority of St Kilda people are keen for our club to harden the f up. And now. All in or bugger off. We are on a mission from god. You're either on the bus or off the bus. All players, coaches, staff, volunteers, everyone need to make a pact. Yes I am all in. Else out of respect I hand in my resignation. So are well all in? Charge!!!!!
Agree on the we, our, us thing.
Whether it is perception or reality, the "they, them" thing doesn't sound good.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Gresh was quoted as saying that while running laps during rehab after Achilles surgery (I think it was 2022 preseason?)

He would see Roughy being very physical, manhandling King, in marking drills etc.
He reckons he yelled to Roughy in jest
'oi, stop bullying him' or something.

Implication being that Roughy was trying hard to teach King how to mark under pressure?

Was that on the Saints' app?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 3:32pm Gresh was quoted as saying that while running laps during rehab after Achilles surgery (I think it was 2022 preseason?)

He would see Roughy being very physical, manhandling King, in marking drills etc.
He reckons he yelled to Roughy in jest
'oi, stop bullying him' or something.

Implication being that Roughy was trying hard to teach King how to mark under pressure?

Was that on the Saints' app?
It's a Hawthorn thing apparently

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ouch!

:D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

JR gave Patton tough love. Not sure it's improved his footy but. Perhaps his street fighting skills and cynicism.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 8:17am JR gave Patton tough love. Not sure it's improved his footy but. Perhaps his street fighting skills and cynicism.
Did JR teach Patton to send women pics of the one-eyed mutton gun? 🤷‍♂️🤯🕺

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee