De Goey offered 5 years from the Pies .

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: De Goey offered 5 years from the Pies .

Templar wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 9:56am I get that he can be a game breaker. The main criticism from Collingwood supporters is that he cant string a batch of good games together. They describe it "shows glimpses" and also "lazy". Many happy for him to go.

My question, which no one here answers, is if we sign him up 4-5 million, what is his motivation for improvement going to be? What is going to motivate him to turn into a consistent A grader? Love of the squad? Leadership group? Our coaching staff? Lenny Hayes? Culture? Pay back the fans? What is going to turn him into a hard training professional? Do we have a strategy in place to address this known issue?

Or will he be a high paid superstar who makes the occasional cameo appearances?

This is why I think the best result for everyone, including De Goey, will be to stay put.
He can do pre-season shadowing Brad Hill who can inspire him!

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Templar
Club Player

D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 10:28am
Templar wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 9:56am I get that he can be a game breaker. The main criticism from Collingwood supporters is that he cant string a batch of good games together. They describe it "shows glimpses" and also "lazy". Many happy for him to go.
Imagine how good we will be on the occasion when both turn up in the same game! It might never happen to coincide but the thought of it... could be a historic moment in the Saints' annals.

Herald/Sun - 11th August 2024
"The St Kilda faithful had been waiting patiently for the moment. That moment when both million dollar men would turn up and play a blinder in the same round. And finally it happened. Round 21 of 2024 will be one to remember. It was the day that both Jordan De Goey and Brad Hill played four solid quarters in the same game. With 30 possessions each and a tag team for a goal that helped the Saints get over the line against GWS. The win has moved the club off the bottom of the ladder and the Saints now have 4 points between the Giants and the wooden spoon. Saints CEO Simon Lethlean praised De Goey in the win. "Its taken a while but Jordy showed another glimpse today of the champion we saw in the 2022 Finals series. Let's hope he and Brad have another good game on the same day again one day. These are the moments that our faithful fans cherish and why we pay more money than any other club would for players like these two. It's also testimony for our policy of never dropping either of them. Despite Jordan only averaging 10 possessions these past few month we knew that he would come good eventually. He is a known game breaker and can turn up for big games like this one. Hopefully he and Brad turn up to play again next week. Fingers crossed."

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Sounds like he's re-signed with Pies
(According to BF)

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Templar wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 12:48pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 10:28am
Imagine how good we will be on the occasion when both turn up in the same game! It might never happen to coincide but the thought of it... could be a historic moment in the Saints' annals.

Herald/Sun - 11th August 2024
"The St Kilda faithful had been waiting patiently for the moment. That moment when both million dollar men would turn up and play a blinder in the same round. And finally it happened. Round 21 of 2024 will be one to remember. It was the day that both Jordan De Goey and Brad Hill played four solid quarters in the same game. With 30 possessions each and a tag team for a goal that helped the Saints get over the line against GWS. The win has moved the club off the bottom of the ladder and the Saints now have 4 points between the Giants and the wooden spoon. Saints CEO Simon Lethlean praised De Goey in the win. "Its taken a while but Jordy showed another glimpse today of the champion we saw in the 2022 Finals series. Let's hope he and Brad have another good game on the same day again one day. These are the moments that our faithful fans cherish and why we pay more money than any other club would for players like these two. It's also testimony for our policy of never dropping either of them. Despite Jordan only averaging 10 possessions these past few month we knew that he would come good eventually. He is a known game breaker and can turn up for big games like this one. Hopefully he and Brad turn up to play again next week. Fingers crossed."
To potentially frighteningly accurate to be a joke :oops:

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Lock thread then I guess

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Well he didn’t come to us.
Didn’t cost us anything and we forced Collingwood to up their offer and extend the years
So in my eyes that’s a win for us.
AND, just as importantly, we played our cards well.
No leaks of our position other than what we wanted out there.
We acted professionally

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Thank god! Signing mercenaries isn’t the answer, imo. Hopefully we can trade for some higher picks. Would be great if that offer of Bowes and pick 7 is still up for grabs.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
wally
Club Player

According to afl.com 38 mins ago Gallagher is quoted that we are still in it and that a decision will be made (by de Goey) in next couple of days ??

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Clearly, if De Goey has accepted Collingwoods offer, then he hasn't told his manager, who hasn't told James Gallagher.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like we are still up to our necks in it.

Will be nuclonic if he chooses us in a really good way.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

DeGoey would more than likely be forced in to accepting flexible terms on his $4m deal with Collingwood which will probably look like $600k base for the next 2 years with performance and finals clauses and then finishes on $933k for his final three years after they sack him and pay $600k to someone else to take him.

He has a hard choice to make. Risk a cheap grand final with Collingwood for a retirement trust. Or just come to us for an $800k playing salary and a nice job with a sponsor on the side for $180k a year and some realestate advice and training.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

After Hill and Hanners, and let’s be honest, Brad Crouch was looking pretty ‘iffy’ for a while and I think he is ‘acceptable’ at best (high Band F finish notwithstanding) I thought we were not gonna repeat ourselves.

But that’s what we do.. except odds are Geelong or Sydney come in and swoop.

When Chris Judd went to Carlton I had my doubts.. thought he was past it and turned our super well for them ..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

So JDG has signed ....... but now he hasn't

Saints not in the race for Bowes ...... but now we are

It sems someone is trolling the Media pundits hard ..... giving them some inside info ..... which is turning out to be .... not quite accurate

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Rubyjo
Club Player

Lol from a filth

DeGoey is staying he is signed, this clause s**t will be cleared up probably won't even have anything in the contract.

Pies as much as it pains me to say it have *ed up here, unfortunately JDG was never going show loyalty, he was filthy after the States incident when he knew the club had all the info and would not be charged but instead hung him out to dry and made him train away from the club.

I posted don't expect loyalty at years end when this happened.

They then pull a contract straight after Bali because the Board decided they had enough, The Bali incident was absolutely ******* nothing they then insulted him by throwing a low ball 2 year offer at him which he was never going to consider and was pretty much out the door when he wanted to stay.

Plays some good football and with Fly pushing to keep him has all the power.

JDG has been a greedy little s**t during all this because twice he and the brother in law manager who doesn't have a clue have verbally agreed to deals that would involve some clauses which needed to be ironed out.

Plays more good footy.

Clubs are now pushing harder then ever and we have had to cough up more money and more years.

JDG you got what you wanted ffs plus some.

He has messed up and I agree he needs to be held accountable to some point with the next contract but how the * does that work? If he gets caught pissing in an alley does he lose half the money? Does a year come off the deal? It's just so hard to put something like that into a contract.

Situation is a joke on both sides and club needs to get better and JDG needs a new manager stop being a cheap ass pay the 10% or whatever it is.

Rant over, I'm seriously pissed off with both sides.
Last edited by Rubyjo on Thu 29 Sep 2022 10:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Lol

DeGoey is staying he is signed, this clause s**t will be cleared up probably won't even have anything in the contract.

Pies as much as it pains me to say it have *ed up here, unfortunately JDG was never going show loyalty, he was filthy after the States incident when he knew the club had all the info and would not be charged but instead hung him out to dry and made him train away from the club.

They then pull a contract straight after Bali because the Board decided they had enough, The Bali incident was absolutely ******* nothing they then insulted him by throwing a low ball 2 year offer at him which he was never going to consider and was pretty much out the door when he wanted to stay.

JDG has been a greedy little s**t during all this because twice he and the brother in law manager who doesn't have a clue have verbally agreed to deals that would involve some clauses which needed to be ironed out.

Plays more good footy.

Clubs are now pushing harder then ever and we have had to cough up more money and more years.

He has messed up and I agree he needs to be held accountable to some point with the next contract but how the * does that work? If he gets caught pissing in an alley does he lose half the money? Does a year come off the deal? It's just so hard to put something like that into a contract.

Situation is a joke on both sides and club needs to get better and JDG needs a new manager stop being a cheap ass pay the 10% or whatever it is.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Wtf what a rant

Rubyjo
Club Player

Filth rant from BF

Plays more good footy.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

DeGoey HAS signed 5 year deal with Colingwood

saint4life
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Probably for the best.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
older saint
SS Life Member

Ok so surely now we have the cap space to get Pick 7 (and Bowes).
Pick 7 and 10 would give us a great addition to last years 3 picks

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Pleased with this outcome. Would only have come for the money and a no strings attached contract. He's got a brain the size of a pea and will struggle to stay within the bounds of acceptable behaviour.

If you're gong to cough up that kind of money now, it would need to be on a player like Lachie Neale or Brayshaw from Freo. Guaranteed high output and no off field issues

Hopefully this facilitates the Bowes/Pick 7 deal. Having Long in the equation should help (if Bowes is happy to come to us). We'd end up with picks 8,10, 26, and 28. Surely we'd snaffle a couple of decent players out of that.

Gallagher has indicated that we'll be quiet during the trade period, which says to me that we are after young talent through the draft.

If so, I'm happy with that

Faulky63
Club Player

I'm with you Older Saint, we need to ensure we go hard for Bowes and Pick 7. They will want something back so Long and future 2nd or am I being too generous?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Why hasn't anthony74 updated us?
He doesn't say much these days, hey

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
older saint
SS Life Member

Faulky63 wrote: Fri 30 Sep 2022 10:27am I'm with you Older Saint, we need to ensure we go hard for Bowes and Pick 7. They will want something back so Long and future 2nd or am I being too generous?
With the salary cap dump they want possibly may be something like

Bowes, 7 31
For Long, 27

They want this salary cap dump badly. could even push for 25 instead of 31.