Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

Jeff Kennett isn’t offensive at all. It’s just an old white man being an old white man

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why would you trust what Cyril had to say about the treatment of indigenous players at Hawthorn?

You’d be better off asking Jeff Kennett, Alastair Clarkson and Chris Fagan

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the ... 5a9n9.html

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 7:29pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 10:22am
Teflon wrote: Mon 03 Oct 2022 9:14am
The_Dud wrote: Sun 02 Oct 2022 9:04pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 02 Oct 2022 1:46pm And not 1 word on the fact that Clarkson/Fagan hasn’t even been provided a copy of the report let alone any ability to share their side of the story????
The ‘mob’ has already adjudicated it would seem
They’re are both racist redneck control freaks - it’s Adam Bandt Kangaroo court Shyte
We live in dangerous times
But no one complains when he delivers 4 flags for Hawks since 2000 as other state ….Mitchell’s books been out a while….it’s convenient now though to dredge all of it up to create a narrative…
I’m not saying they’re innocent
I am saying the way they’ve been found guilty already is appalling by allegations from people who get to remain anonymous
Frightening.
Both were contacted and given an opportunity to respond before the article was published and they chose not to.

As for the review/report, things leaking to the media is basically a given these days, that’s a separate problem.
Responding to muck taking journo articles is different to responding to formal report allegations you haven’t even seen
Both Clarkson and Fagan stated they were not interviewed or provided a copy of the report
How do you write a balanced report with 1 sude if the facts????
Appalling at best.
Neither Clarkson or Fagan are First Nations people.

So (as others have said) why would they be part of a review into First Nations players/coaches experiences at the club?
How do you call it a “review” when only allegations in a 1 sided document are tabled ?
And semantics aside…
If I’m tabling a bunch of allegations against someone …to suggest that other party isn’t part of the “review” is nonsense
What we hace are a bunch of documented allegations - sure Clarkson et al may not need to be captured in that ..
But a review that is not! that’s just claims until a review
All that’s beside the point now
There is little chance of procedural fairness …Clarkson and co (and I don’t like Clarkson) are guilty
Just ask Scollop
The only ones in this whole thread who are trying to come to conclusions about guilt or innocence are the people like CURLY and yourself. The Essendon doping scandal dragged on for 3-4 years. I reckon this saga has legs and the investigations will take at least 12 months

In the meantime…CURLY will be telling us that indigenous people in Australia have always been given a fair go.

Next you’ll be telling us that every white household in Australia is very conscious of prejudice and discrimination and that’s how they have been since you can remember

Next…. you’ll be telling us that racist and apartheid laws didn’t exist in Australia.

And finally…you’ll be telling us that Australian history started with the landing of the Endeavour and Captain Cook.

You’re in denial. Face it….. you grew up believing in Terra nullius

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Curious that some champions of the allegations of racism have no problems at the same time of showing general contempt for old white men.

Intellectually inconsistent for an anti racist/ anti discrimination stance, isn't it.

That's if they are fair dinkum about being anti racist and its not just a convenient veil for another agenda. Or maybe haven't thought through the full range of discriminations that prevail in society and are cherry picking, jumping on the bandwagon so to speak.

Check out the welcome to country prior to the NRL GF. That gentleman is a class act and a beacon towards reconciliation. That's what is needed, not gratuitous, sanctimonious abuse of all old white men under the cloak of righting wrongs.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Did I offend you Yorkeys because I called Jeff old …or because I called him white?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 8:18pm Did I offend you Yorkeys because I called Jeff old …or because I called him white?
I think you offend yourself with your woke leftist agenda
Kennett is no angel and there’s many more
He apologised to poor old Cyril cause he made a terrible comment about “ripped jeans” boo fargin who - it’s a comment grandparents and older Australians would say to younger generations tine and again …but not good enough for woke crusaders like yourself !!!

You’d be too stupid to get the hypocrisy that Yorkeys has pointed out while you cr@p on with another if your cliched, moral crusades
It’s gonna kill you when our woke captain Finnis leaves the fold….you don’t be able to get out of bed!
Better ring Adam Bandt…he’ll tell you what do next that’s PC compliant …

“Yeah….nah””
Templar
Club Player

Sadly something has come up and I won't be able to make it to the Xmas party.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 9:57pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 8:18pm Did I offend you Yorkeys because I called Jeff old …or because I called him white?
He apologised to poor old Cyril cause he made a terrible comment about “ripped jeans” boo fargin who - it’s a comment grandparents and older Australians would say to younger generations tine and again …but not good enough for woke crusaders like yourself !!!

You’d be too stupid to get the hypocrisy that Yorkeys has pointed out while you cr@p on with another if your cliched, moral crusades
It’s gonna kill you when our woke captain Finnis leaves the fold….you don’t be able to get out of bed!
You should nominate for a seat somewhere for the Libs. C'mon mate. They desperately need people with similar views to yours. Either that or what about working with your mates Tom Elliot, Tony Jones and Niel Mitchell

What do you mean by hypocrisy?

Don't call me stupid again imbecile

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I should also comment on your evaluation of the 'ripped jeans' incident

Let's assume for one moment that Cyril and his missus ignore ALL other experiences or incidents they may have endured... you want to tell us how he should have felt and how they should have reacted

Plus...Kennett apologised...the couple should get over it.
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 04 Oct 2022 11:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaggy
Club Player

Cyril is a norm medalist, 3 times AA and 4 times premiership player who quit the Hawks early because he felt discrimination. You think it is all a misunderstanding about ripped jeans? If we had sacked Ratts and gone with your suggestion of Clarko we would be down the drain now. You absolutely got it wrong.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 11:04pm I should also comment on your evaluation of the 'ripped jeans' incident

Let's assume for one moment that Cyril and his missus ignore ALL other experiences or incidents they may have endured... you want to tell us how he should have felt and how they should have reacted

Plus...Kennett apologised...the couple should get over it.
Heaven forbid it was a ripped jumper!!!!
Whoopty frighin doo!!
Get over yourself Adam
If we need a moral conscience we’ll give you a buzz
Your cliched bashing of ageing white guys is boorish
Get that off your last Q&A episode did you?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 11:06pm

Cyril is a norm medalist, 3 times AA and 4 times premiership player who quit the Hawks early because he felt discrimination. You think it is all a misunderstanding about ripped jeans? If we had sacked Ratts and gone with your suggestion of Clarko we would be down the drain now. You absolutely got it wrong.
Thanks captain hindsight
You knew about the Clarkson issues before tine??
I don’t recall you saying
Could not give a Shyte about Cyril’s footy credentials
Milne gets overlooked and I’d take him over Cyril anyday at 2 per game

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 10:51pm

You should nominate for a seat somewhere for the Libs. C'mon mate. They desperately need people with similar views to yours. Either that or what about working with your mates Tom Elliot, Tony Jones and Niel Mitchell

What do you mean by hypocrisy?

Don't call me stupid again imbecile
Just did stupid what you gonna do call dictator Dan on me?
Let’s get another “review” with no outcome going shall we do we can tell the media we can’t discuss it
Or
Maybe the Greens are your go??
Stop all the coal with no idea how to plug the energy or jobs gap?
Muppet

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 10:14pm Sadly something has come up and I won't be able to make it to the Xmas party.
Xmas party!!!??
That’s offensive…..
To someone….somewhere…
Trollop will tell us

“Yeah….nah””
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 6:30pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 5:05pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 1:27pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 12:45pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 11:45am
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 11:16am I see Sam Mitchell's auto biography book basically corroborates some of the indigenous players allegations against Clarkson. He said after he had the twins one of them was very sick and Clarkson and the club basically showed zero empathy. On an intersate trip to Sydney, Clarkson took all the players phones not allowing Mitchell's family to contact him re his unwell child. It was so bad Mitchell wanted to leave the club.

Clarkson sounds like a complete control freak and completely over stepped his role as coach.
How many more red flags are needed before some people acknowledge these blokes might have been up to some dodgy sh*t?

Can you actually detail some of these red flags? Because I don't see them. A flight to Sydney lasts an hour. And wtf would Michell have done from 30000 feet if his wife did need him?

I wonder what the outcome of a survey of the grievances of all young recruits across the AFL would end up looking like?
The report.
The article.
The confirmation from another coach.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.
Past documented anger outbursts.

Connect the dots.
Nothing in the above List is evidence of any weight, some of it completely irrelevant. The allegations made to the ABC are not in the report by the way. We have a forceful denial from Clarkson and the allegations have not been cross examined. I foresee the ABC paying out another big defamation claim, but it's OK it's not their money.
You’ve read the Hawthorn document have you?

Of course you haven’t!! So why would you ASSUME that ‘the allegations made to the ABC are not in the report‘? I’ll tell you why….

Gil McLachlan came out and did a media conference immediately after the ABC article was published. He was sitting on the Hawthorn document for quite some time. One of his statements was that ‘there were things in the ABC report that he wasn’t aware of’. That doesn’t mean that EVERYTHING in the journalist’s report was a surprise to him, but perhaps that’s the impression that some people got

Perhaps people’s bias and prejudice and preconceived ideas about how AFL clubs treat their players didn’t allow people to be open minded.

Or….is it because people can’t read. YES… try and read and comprehend the ABC article again. It’s out there in the public domain…

Here you go. I’ll even quote it to you directly. This is the first two paragraphs

An external review commissioned by the Hawthorn Football Club will reveal allegations that key figures at the AFL club demanded the separation of young First Nations players from their partners, and pressured one couple to terminate a pregnancy for the sake of the player's career.

“The review document, handed to Hawthorn's senior management two weeks ago and now with the AFL integrity unit, will allege that club staff involved include four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson and former assistant Chris Fagan, now the coach of the Brisbane Lions.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/ ... /101452320
It was widely reported that the 3 people who spoke to the ABC had not been interviewed in the Hawthorn investigation.

The fact is that the evidence has not been tested, therefore you and most other people have no reason to conclude anything. That's being open minded.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Can't like this post enough.

It's like people have never involved with normal everyday interaction in there lives.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 7:43pm Jeff Kennett isn’t offensive at all. It’s just an old white man being an old white man

That's actually a racist comment. Tell me, what's being an "old white man" mean?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 11:16am I see Sam Mitchell's auto biography book basically corroborates some of the indigenous players allegations against Clarkson. He said after he had the twins one of them was very sick and Clarkson and the club basically showed zero empathy. On an intersate trip to Sydney, Clarkson took all the players phones not allowing Mitchell's family to contact him re his unwell child. It was so bad Mitchell wanted to leave the club.

Clarkson sounds like a complete control freak and completely over stepped his role as coach.
How many more red flags are needed before some people acknowledge these blokes might have been up to some dodgy sh*t?
Can you actually detail some of these red flags? Because I don't see them. A flight to Sydney lasts an hour. And wtf would Michell have done from 30000 feet if his wife did need him?

I wonder what the outcome of a survey of the grievances of all young recruits across the AFL would end up looking like?
The report.
The article.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.

Connect the dots.
Nothing in the above List is evidence of any weight, some of it completely irrelevant. The allegations made to the ABC are not in the report by the way. We have a forceful denial from Clarkson and the allegations have not been cross examined. I foresee the ABC paying out another big defamation claim, but it's OK it's not their money.
It is all absolutely relevant, as it shows a pattern of behaviour.

And it is clearly stated that the allegations made and the players/families who made them are part of the report. Can you supply a source saying otherwise?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 10:06am

The report.
The article.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.

Connect the dots.

And it is clearly stated that the allegations made and the players/families who made them are part of the report. Can you supply a source saying otherwise?
A pattern of behaviour is established by facts not allegations.

Nothing in the List you provided is an undisputed fact. What on earth have simpy Cyril's wife's ripped jeans got to do with someone else being pressured to have an abortion?

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Does Cyril hang with Will Smith? They have quite a bit in common.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 10:21am

The report.
The article.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.

Connect the dots.

Nothing in the List you provided is an undisputed fact. What on earth have simpy Cyril's wife's ripped jeans got to do with someone else being pressured to have an abortion?
I am not a court of law, I don't need a long list of rigorous boxes ticked before I am allowed to form an opinion about something.

In my opinion, everything clearly points to some dodgy stuff happening down at Hawthorn. Multiple people from different perspectives all saying things along similar lines is pretty compelling if you ask me.

If new evidence is presented I will update my opinion.

Also, I think you are being deliberately obtuse regarding the Cyril Rioli issue. He's clearly stated there were a number of racial issues over his time at Hawthorn.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 12:15pm

The report.
The article.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.

Connect the dots.

I am not a court of law, I don't need a long list of rigorous boxes ticked before I am allowed to form an opinion about something.

In my opinion, everything clearly points to some dodgy stuff happening down at Hawthorn. Multiple people from different perspectives all saying things along similar lines is pretty compelling if you ask me.

Also, I think you are being deliberately obtuse regarding the Cyril Rioli issue. He's clearly stated there were a number of racial issues over his time at Hawthorn.

Yeah I mean imagine being asked to hand your phone over for day. The horror. :roll:

Then oh my god someone having a joke with you about your fashion choice. This is just horrific. Can't see how we recover as a society.
Last edited by CURLY on Wed 05 Oct 2022 12:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The report.
The article.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.

Connect the dots.

Yeah I mean imagine being asked to hand your phone over for day. The horror. :roll:

Groovy Guru
Club Player

Regardless of whatever facts are presented, your updated opinion will be the same opinion but just worded like an updated opinion but really being your original opinion. Which essentially will be argued as a new opinion when we all know that it was the same opinion as your current opinion.

That's my opinion.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Like an op onion?