Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

CURLY wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 12:38pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 12:15pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 10:21am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 10:06am
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 5:05pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 1:27pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 12:45pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 11:45am
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 11:16am I see Sam Mitchell's auto biography book basically corroborates some of the indigenous players allegations against Clarkson. He said after he had the twins one of them was very sick and Clarkson and the club basically showed zero empathy. On an intersate trip to Sydney, Clarkson took all the players phones not allowing Mitchell's family to contact him re his unwell child. It was so bad Mitchell wanted to leave the club.

Clarkson sounds like a complete control freak and completely over stepped his role as coach.
How many more red flags are needed before some people acknowledge these blokes might have been up to some dodgy sh*t?
Can you actually detail some of these red flags? Because I don't see them. A flight to Sydney lasts an hour. And wtf would Michell have done from 30000 feet if his wife did need him?

I wonder what the outcome of a survey of the grievances of all young recruits across the AFL would end up looking like?
The report.
The article.
The confirmation from another coach.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.
Past documented anger outbursts.

Connect the dots.
Nothing in the above List is evidence of any weight, some of it completely irrelevant. The allegations made to the ABC are not in the report by the way. We have a forceful denial from Clarkson and the allegations have not been cross examined. I foresee the ABC paying out another big defamation claim, but it's OK it's not their money.
It is all absolutely relevant, as it shows a pattern of behaviour.

And it is clearly stated that the allegations made and the players/families who made them are part of the report. Can you supply a source saying otherwise?
A pattern of behaviour is established by facts not allegations.

Nothing in the List you provided is an undisputed fact. What on earth have simpy Cyril's wife's ripped jeans got to do with someone else being pressured to have an abortion?
I am not a court of law, I don't need a long list of rigorous boxes ticked before I am allowed to form an opinion about something.

In my opinion, everything clearly points to some dodgy stuff happening down at Hawthorn. Multiple people from different perspectives all saying things along similar lines is pretty compelling if you ask me.

If new evidence is presented I will update my opinion.

Also, I think you are being deliberately obtuse regarding the Cyril Rioli issue. He's clearly stated there were a number of racial issues over his time at Hawthorn.

Yeah I mean imagine being asked to hand your phone over for day. The horror. :roll:

Then oh my god someone having a joke with you about your fashion choice. This is just horrific. Can't see how we recover as a society.
At this point I'm not sure if your ignorance is willful or not, but it is 100% there.

#DefinitelyNotRacist

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 1:16pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 12:38pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 12:15pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 10:21am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 10:06am
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 5:05pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 1:27pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 12:45pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 11:45am
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 11:16am I see Sam Mitchell's auto biography book basically corroborates some of the indigenous players allegations against Clarkson. He said after he had the twins one of them was very sick and Clarkson and the club basically showed zero empathy. On an intersate trip to Sydney, Clarkson took all the players phones not allowing Mitchell's family to contact him re his unwell child. It was so bad Mitchell wanted to leave the club.

Clarkson sounds like a complete control freak and completely over stepped his role as coach.
How many more red flags are needed before some people acknowledge these blokes might have been up to some dodgy sh*t?
Can you actually detail some of these red flags? Because I don't see them. A flight to Sydney lasts an hour. And wtf would Michell have done from 30000 feet if his wife did need him?

I wonder what the outcome of a survey of the grievances of all young recruits across the AFL would end up looking like?
The report.
The article.
The confirmation from another coach.
Cyril Rioli saga.
Sam Mitchell.
Past documented anger outbursts.

Connect the dots.
Nothing in the above List is evidence of any weight, some of it completely irrelevant. The allegations made to the ABC are not in the report by the way. We have a forceful denial from Clarkson and the allegations have not been cross examined. I foresee the ABC paying out another big defamation claim, but it's OK it's not their money.
It is all absolutely relevant, as it shows a pattern of behaviour.

And it is clearly stated that the allegations made and the players/families who made them are part of the report. Can you supply a source saying otherwise?
A pattern of behaviour is established by facts not allegations.

Nothing in the List you provided is an undisputed fact. What on earth have simpy Cyril's wife's ripped jeans got to do with someone else being pressured to have an abortion?
I am not a court of law, I don't need a long list of rigorous boxes ticked before I am allowed to form an opinion about something.

In my opinion, everything clearly points to some dodgy stuff happening down at Hawthorn. Multiple people from different perspectives all saying things along similar lines is pretty compelling if you ask me.

If new evidence is presented I will update my opinion.

Also, I think you are being deliberately obtuse regarding the Cyril Rioli issue. He's clearly stated there were a number of racial issues over his time at Hawthorn.

Yeah I mean imagine being asked to hand your phone over for day. The horror. :roll:

Then oh my god someone having a joke with you about your fashion choice. This is just horrific. Can't see how we recover as a society.
At this point I'm not sure if your ignorance is willful or not, but it is 100% there.

#DefinitelyNotRacist

Go yell at a cloud.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 1:26pm
Go yell at a cloud.
That's not really for me, more for old men, like yourself :)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 1:28pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 1:26pm
Go yell at a cloud.
That's not really for me, more for old men, like yourself :)
Your outrage knows no limits.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 9:54am
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 7:43pm Jeff Kennett isn’t offensive at all. It’s just an old white man being an old white man
That's actually a racist comment. Tell me, what's being an "old white man" mean?
Thanks genius.

Wow. We have a lot of intellectual giants and prebuscent pea brains supporting the ‘go easy on the old white men’ brigade

Sorry…is prebuscent also a racist comment?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 4:46pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Oct 2022 7:43pm Jeff Kennett isn’t offensive at all. It’s just an old white man being an old white man
That's actually a racist comment. Tell me, what's being an "old white man" mean?
Thanks genius.

Wow. We have a lot of intellectual giants and prebuscent pea brains supporting the ‘go easy on the old white men’ brigade

That takes a lot of courage Scollop.
I hope you know what you are talking about.
it is game of binary digits isn't it, except race matters, doesn't it?
It had better matter.
It has too matter.
Or your power evaporates.

Bravo for you.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Thanks genius.

No it's not, but it is bulls***, as I'm in my 50s. So you're maintaining consistency.
Mate, you are stereotyping someone by the colour of their skin, definitive racism. Or do you believe that what happened in Nazi Germany wasn't racism because the victims were white?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 5:12pm
Thanks genius.

That takes a lot of courage Scollop.
I hope you know what you are talking about.
it is game of binary digits isn't it, except race matters, doesn't it?
It had better matter.
It has too matter.
Or your power evaporates.

Bravo for you.
I’ll give you some context as to why I’m so passionate

I had a friend in primary school who I’ll never forget. We were both class clowns and had a lot in common. He took me along to his junior footy club and I started playing in under 11’s. He had a kind generous nature and he taught me everything I can remember regarding the skills of the game. I didn’t realise until about 3-4 years after I’d known him that he was indigenous.

We spent a lot of time together after school and then in early high school we started going to the footy together to watch the VFL, but he was a very private kid. He’d always want to meet us somewhere instead of us going to his place.

In under 14’s he was being sledged on the footy field and he used to go into a rage and start fights. That’s when I found out about his family and his culture and the reasons for his outrage. He stood up for himself and he never took a backward step if he was called disgusting names or if he was vilified

It broke my heart seeing my mate cry after these incidents and that’s when I found out that he was aboriginal on his mum’s side.

As a kid, I had no idea about what really happened in Australia with British settlement and the humiliation and persecution of the indigenous people. It wasn’t taught in school in the 70’s. That was my earliest recollection where it sparked an interest in learning more about my mates culture

I started learning about Australia’s true history and the near genocide of the indigenous. For the British invasion to succeed they had to crush the First Nations people and colonise the land and bring over as many British immigrants as they could.

How does all this relate to this thread? Well…the topic of racism and discrimination needs to be understood. You have to understand someones culture and their background in order to respect them and in order to treat them in a way which they don’t find offensive

takeaway
Club Player

Thanks genius.

Is it even a word at all? Do you mean prepubescent?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 5:51pm
Thanks genius.

No it's not, but it is bulls***, as I'm in my 50s. So you're maintaining consistency.
Mate, you are stereotyping someone by the colour of their skin, definitive racism. Or do you believe that what happened in Nazi Germany wasn't racism because the victims were white?
Context. In the context of this thread and Hawthorn allegations.

I’ll elaborate for you ok;

I should have said…it’s an old Anglo Saxon white Aussie man being an old Anglo Saxon white Aussie man

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 6:01pm
Thanks genius.

Correct. Not sure if it was auto correct or me not proofreading :oops:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 6:04pm
takeaway wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 6:01pm
Thanks genius.

Correct. Not sure if it was auto correct or me not proofreading :oops:
You e embarrassed yourself by being exactly what you claim to be against
Go home.

“Yeah….nah””
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Thanks genius.

I should have said…it’s an old Anglo Saxon white Aussie man being an old Anglo Saxon white Aussie man
You have said exactly the same thing in a more detailed way.
What about the old Irish or Scottish white Aussie blokes? Is commenting on a women's dress sense, whether appropriate or not, an Anglo-Saxon trait?

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Thanks genius.

You have said exactly the same thing in a more detailed way.
What about the old Irish or Scottish white Aussie blokes? Is commenting on a women's dress sense, whether appropriate or not, an Anglo-Saxon trait?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Context

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

According to google, the Anglosphere encompasses countries of the world in which the English language and cultural values predominate.

So that would include Scots and the Irish and the Americans and possibly also South Africans

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Some absolute Pumpkins showing their true colours in this thread.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Linton Street Saint
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 7:05pm Some absolute Pumpkins showing their true colours in this thread.
I look forward to all the cookers putting together their reverse racism Powerpoint for the class.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I always do find it funny at how quickly some ‘white’ people shout “discrimination!” at the first sign of them being slightly inconvenienced, after spending most of their lives denying it is even an issue.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 7:31pm I always do find it funny at how quickly some ‘white’ people shout “discrimination!” at the first sign of them being slightly inconvenienced, after spending most of their lives denying it is even an issue.
Do they? Have they? Straight from woke speaking notes, like "2 plus 2 equals 5" or "some pigs are more equal than others".
Your comment is racist by the very definition.
I'm not slightly inconvenienced by your comment, I'm amused. I know something you don't know, one day they'll be coming for your immutable attributes.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 7:41pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 7:31pm I always do find it funny at how quickly some ‘white’ people shout “discrimination!” at the first sign of them being slightly inconvenienced, after spending most of their lives denying it is even an issue.
Do they? Have they? Straight from woke speaking notes, like "2 plus 2 equals 5" or "some pigs are more equal than others".
I'm not slightly inconvenienced by your comment, I'm amused. I know something you don't know, one day they'll be coming for your immutable attributes.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

In Australia, ‘white’ people complaining about being persecuted due to their race is like a millionaire complaining about getting a parking fine.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Look at The Dud telling us all what we are what we feel what we think how we act.

Trying to find the smallest angle to label someone racist.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 7:52pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 7:41pm

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

In Australia, ‘white’ people complaining about being persecuted due to their race is like a millionaire complaining about getting a parking fine.
That must be the worse metaphor in the history of linguistics! You could get a job at the ABC.
You keep asserting that it's OK to be racist towards people who, at least in your view, have never been subject to racism.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What does Niel Mitchell and Tom Elliot have to say?

...I wonder what Andrew Bolt has to say on this whole Hawthorn saga....hmmmmmm

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 7:57pm Look at The Dud telling us all what we are what we feel what we think how we act.

Trying to find the smallest angle to label someone racist.
You don’t need me Curly, you’re behaviour on here says it all. Remember, the internet never forgets.