The Fluxed Up Report: Season 2022 Review - The Good, The Bad and The Fugly

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Fluxed Up Report: Season 2022 Review - The Good, The Bad and The Fugly is proudly sponsored by............

Guaranteed to work against Daughters of Beaches key forwards! :lol:

And /or (but not 'nor', right Nosh? :wink: ),

For when life just sucks.

As used and recommended by Scotty from Marketing. :mrgreen:

And /or (but not 'nor', right Nosh? :wink: ),

The Good - 8-3.
the Bad - 3-8
The Fugly - The cho aching. The Headless Chook.

The Disgraceful - The Eleni Andriana Glouftsis (OAM) Fan Club did not get to hold one single meeting during season 2022. :evil:

Another season not playing finals. Another opportunity missed. 8-3 meant we should have been top 4. So much promised. :x

But instead, we then went 3-8. Missed the finals. And extended the cho ach's contract. Dreamcrusher. :cry:

Dreamcrusher
But I don't want to feel that we've wasted our lives
When we're holding our hearts in our hands
And the terror it looms in our sights
Tomorrow this fight will tear us from the sky
To follow the path to the rest of our lives
Someday we'll find the truth of what's been said
And find a way to reconcile the lies we're fed
This fight is noble, can't afford our freedom
Not like the ones who can't admit what we all know
For the fallen must arise, a phoenix from the fire
Carried on the wind, this new crusade begins
Can you feel it lurking deep within?
I can feel it, striving to begin
Can you feel it something has to give?
I can feel it rising up again
Can you dare to stand apart
And finish what you start?
United on the path
Rise up and resist (resist)
Through bone and ash
I see the light in the eyes
Broken inside
Dreamcrusher
Dreamcrusher
We won't go
With the dead
All we know
Never said
Kill the noise, raise your voice
Can you feel it, lurking deep within?
I can feel it, striving to begin
Can you feel it, something has to give?
I can feel it rising up again
Go on, have your share
No one can stand in your way
Who said nothing's fair?
I say now's the time to take
Go on, have your share
No one can stand in your way
Who said nothing's fair?
I say now's the time to take
This world is a dreamcrusher

The Team:
Ok, have been watching the mini-match replays on the AFL site. Absolutely fuming! :x :x :x

Blokes lowering their eyes and spotting-up blokes in the clear.
Blokes leading up to provide targets.
Blokes running from behind to receive a handball.

Yep, all the stuff that we don't do!

Oh, and didn't spot too many blokes shirking the issue when it was their turn. :roll:

Compare and contrast. Our forward 50 entries for example.

We've been very competitive against the top sides. The final two rounds against the Teddies and the Swines for example.

Just imagine how we'd have gone if we were consistently doing the above stuff?

Sure, the list has its deficiencies, but every list does. (That Skunks list, combined with Fat Eddy's hatchet job on their salary cap, means that they simply should not be in the finals.) Our woes are not our list. Despite what that arseclown Lade reportedly seems to believe. And despite the flat-earth beliefs of everybody's favourite retired suburban sporting legend, and now internet forum warrior, Big.Marmot Image

... our woes are due to our imbecilic clueless cho aching! :evil: :evil: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And thanks to an inexplicable brain fart by our powers-that-be, we are stuck with our clueless-imbecile-in-chief till mid 2024! :evil: :evil: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Two Skunks' finals.

One narrow Skunks' loss, one comfortable win. Arguably BOG in each match... Jordan DeGoofy. :idea: :idea: :idea:

But of course, at least according to some 'astute' judges here on ZZ... he ain't the kind of player that we need.
saynt Nosher wrote: Sat 27 Aug 2022 12:00pmI think Mitch can be our very own JDG, who I believe we don't really need.
Whom.

(And you're welcome. :) )

These users also thanked the author Saynt Nosher for the post:
Ryan Bybes (with an 's')

Unfortunately the Skunks may have woken up that he is what they need. So now, what we need...
Jackson to stay at the Dreamons. That way, Grundy may have to stay at Skunkland, preventing them from easing their salary cap constraints.
Would then make it harder for the Skunks to match our offer to DeGoofy.

Still pissed off that we're paying more for the Headless Chook than what others are paying for the likes of DeGoofy and Taranto.

We'll always be pushing uphill whilst that sort of thing is going on.

Kinky also agrees. Even wrote a song about it.

Giants on-baller Tim Taranto is set to join Richmond on a seven-year deal worth at least $750,000 per season. The Tigers could also add Taranto’s teammate Jacob Hopper to the mix, paving the way for a recharged midfield brigade in 2023.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/depart ... 558b75e66a

People whinge about the quality of our list.
People whinge about how the likes of the Hillbillies can afford to bring in all those star players from other clubs.

Well, every club has the same salary cap. It's who, and how much, that you spend it on that matters.

In the case of the Headless Chook, I can see why we wanted him. In theory, he was just what we lacked. However, in practice, he's not only failed to deliver. But his lack of commitment to our club, further shown in his actively looking at other clubs, combined with his 'ability' to shirk every issue without consequence is, yes, a cancer on our team. :evil:

He must be excised!

So how badly do we want him out?

Would rather Clarke Kent on our list than the Headless Chook!

Yep. That badly. :evil:

But at least all is not. Footage of our new forwardline cho ach has been obtained. Final-boody-ly the Saints have an assistant cho ach who actually has a plan to fix our forward 50 entries. This bloke will hopefully bring some unpredictability, some dare, to our forward 50 entries.

(Some) individual assessments and updates on where they're at:
Coff' - Time to find out if he can be come the fast, big bodied, accurate kicking mid that we recruited him to become.
Jones - Better than people (currently) seem to rate him. Will bounce back.
Gresh' - Want to keep him. Play him predominately forward with some runs on the ball, not the other way around.
Crouch - Don't know why this bloke cops some much criticism.
Ross - May not be elite, but is a very good player......... as long as he takes care with his disposals! That is what separates his good from not so good seasons.
Firey - Still not back from that Icelandic rock out in the ocean. The band? Or the girls? Firey was torn.

Anyway, has asked that this be posted on his behalf. We're happy to oblige.
(Great work Firey btw. But where's the power pose?)

N-W-Aeon-M - We must make him feel at home so he's happy to stay. Despite his light frame, played many more games than could have been expected pre-season. Yes, he's an outside player. But he is still prepared to lay (and stick) a tackle. And more even importantly, he's prepared to cop and absorb a tackle. (C/f with the Headless Chook.)
Joe King - Fix his goal kicking technique. Even partially fix our forward 50 entries. This bloke will be the next player to kick the ton in a season.
Clark(no 'e') - Want him to stay. Want him to transition to the mid field. However, if he wants out, then now is the time whilst he has first rounder currency.
gaz - This is for you. :)

Windy and Mitchito - Two huge recruiting wins!
Long - Want him to stay. But only if he wants to.
HitTheBoundary - Still practicing extreme Covid isolating in the Artic.

Bytel - Will be pissed-off if he walks. The last match aside, injury, and the subsequently ensuing need to rebuild fitness meant that he wasn't really ready to play this year. He owes us, and should stay and repay us.
Saynt Nosher Powell - Nosh was quite rightly concerned that the club's review would be a white wash, so he insisted on sitting in.

Missy - Why the lack of love? Given a decent injury-free run at it, and he's as good as any small forward in the comp'. Yes, you read that here first.
Clarke Kent - Although not a fan, no way should a bloke be stranded on 99 games. Should have been in the starting 22 for Round 23. Not the BS medi-sub.
Campbell - He's no Bill Longer. So give him another contract.
True Believer - With the recent (footballing) death of the great Genghis Gears, (and not to mention the on-going insipidness of 'he who can not be dropped' :stinger: ), TB is acutely aware of the need to instil some more grunt back into our team. So he's been busy, out with his mates scouting for some suitable talent to fill this vacuum.

Members and Jimmy the Cat - Why the continued lack of love?
Sinkers - Just look at the difference it makes when a bloke starts to care about his disposal!!! That is the reason he's transformed his game.
Wood and MacKenzie - Well done!
ZZ vs Big Cardigan Wearers - Ok, checked the match threads. Posts: 328 vs 852. Views: 3389 vs 11,000. That tells us that the real problem with our club is the sort of supporters we now have. Boring cardigan wearing Camry drivers! The magical essence that made our crazy club so unique has been drained. We're becoming vanilla and boring, just like the rest of the competition.
Jack Hayes - Can't wait to see this bloke back again. (Hopefully with a better haircut. And take Sinkers to the barber with you.)
Rosputin - ZZ's favourite Russian embassy staffer and FSB operative, comrade Rosputin has been on a propaganda drive to win the hearts and minds of as many western capitalist running dogs as possible. However, this could mean (many) more problems for Syrian Girl. (Whatever that means.)

Peris - As the Sandy season wore on, he gradually started getting more and more of the footy. There is hope.
Allison - See Peris. Though Allison has more footy tools, but to date, less output.
Kyle - Very disappointed this bloke wasn't able to stick it out.
Young Loris - Still hustling the unsuspecting.

Sharman - Stuck a couple of those big grabs. Will stick more. Stick with him Saintas. Oh, and whilst defence was no doubt a worthwhile learning experience, the kid is a forward!
Carl - Hopefully he can build his fitness with a second pre-season, and we might even end up seeing a senior appearance or two in 2023.
Paton - Great he's back. Clearly needed to get a season under his belt after that horrific broken leg. But Benny... your kicking!!!
The Headless Chook - Costing us superstar money. Never got fully fit. Hears footsteps. And hasn't even delivered the elite kicking we were promised. Yet, can't be dropped. How can this not be a cancer to our list??? Oh, and he's shopping himself around for a better offer. That says all anyone needs ot know about his commitment to our club. Whatever it takes, he must be excised from our list!

Post of the friggin' year!
saynt Nosher wrote: Thu 25 Aug 2022 12:16pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 24 Aug 2022 9:14pm Aeon???

Can't say I understand your ramblings, but that doesn't mean it isn't a must read!
It certainly isn't for me, I have met his/her type in the real world. A f****** would be bully hiding behind a huge inferiority complex.
Nailed it!

Ryan Bybes (with an 's')

Posts of the Week:
Banger9798 wrote: Sat 03 Sep 2022 8:22pmI'd love to see how our forward line would operate under Craig McCrae.

Pies haven't got much of a forward line, but they always look dangerous.
This!

spert wrote: Sun 04 Sep 2022 10:10amI was speaking to a couple of retired AFL player the other night at a function about how the Saints were travelling, and it was pretty much " some really good players, but jeez, you play some dumb footy as a team" or similar words, and mostly to do with how we play rather than how individual players perform. It is really frustrating for us supporters to see this, for others to see it. I hope next season sees a lot of changes and improvement.
This!

1965 Saint wrote: Sat 03 Sep 2022 3:08pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 03 Sep 2022 2:44pmRatten had zero credibility with the playing group the minute he started favouring highly paid players over others. You cant ask for players to give their all and put their bodies on the line, when others aren't. It will be the best thing the club has done in 10 years getting Hill off the list - perhaps then Ratts can go back to winning some trust.

Ratts match day coaching also needs to come under the microscope in the review? Apart from 1 or 2 players he is far too inflexible with player movement and really slow to react to game trends. He looks like a coach who has no control on whats evolving and no answers when opposition teams get run ons? We have him for another 2 years so hopefully he and the club can turn things around next season.
I agree wholeheartedly. For some time I’ve said that Hill is a major contributor to the less than acceptable team performance. I would have got rid of him at the end of last year.
These!

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 04 Sep 2022 5:15pm
B.M wrote: Sun 04 Sep 2022 4:30pm How much did Sydney beat us by?

They beat us by about the lack of a De Goey.
This!

The Recruit wrote: Sun 04 Sep 2022 9:54pmI’m in

Every one of those girls playing tonight showed more heart than Brad Hill has ever shown.

Go saints
This!

Can't say the same thing about the Headless Chook. :evil: Image

saynt Nosher wrote: Sat 27 Aug 2022 11:39pm
Sebastian Tombs wrote: Sat 27 Aug 2022 7:18pm As I write this there is a team representing the StKilda Football club playing , yet there is no live thread going.

So the question I ask is does anyone give a s*** about the AFLW
Yeah. me.
This!

Ryan Bybes (with an 's')

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon> Image

Thoughts, Saintsationalists...?

- Aeon.

Andrew Bassat wrote: Dear Aeon,

Ok, I have to admit. Seems we're stuck with both Alfred E Neuman.

And the Headless Chook.

And yes, Nosh was a bit of a handful on the review committee. :lol:

But Aeon honey, at least we finally got rid of Clarke bloody Kent. And I finally got to post some images in my letter to you. :)

Take care, and I can’t wait to see you at the footy.

Love and Fortius Quo Fidelius,

- 'Fred'.

dalboy wrote: Sun 03 Apr 2022 7:40pmSecond worst thread ever!

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Fluxed Up Report: Season 2022 Review - The Good, The Bad and The Fugly

I have no idea what was going on for half of that and there were no really LOL moments, for me, this time around. But, I admit, I did read it to the end.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Premium89
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote: Sun 11 Sep 2022 10:20pm I have no idea what was going on for half of that and there were no really LOL moments, for me, this time around. But, I admit, I did read it to the end.
After that end to the season, there’s a lack of LOL all round!
Thanks for the final report Flux, and the general fluxing all year long.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

More fugly:
Imagine a side with Mason Cox and Ducky Ginevan going top, or one with two Saints discards. One a #1 pick dropped into the remainders bin.

See season can still get worse.
Because other options include wholly horrible Geelong who we beat in a fair fight. Or Lions who have Zorko.

Cancel the GF.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Unlike some, I love the headless chicken vids.......very amusing.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Restrained, objectively accurate and remarkably readable!

Saint supporter since '62
Rubyjo
Club Player

Honestly the flux report is madness it's psychotic ..I hate it ..makes me vomit ...whobever the mad person who writes it should be locked in an asylum...should be banned from this day in as a king Charles the turd decree ...go the pies ...

No Holds Bard
Club Player

Rubyjo wrote: Tue 13 Sep 2022 10:53pm Honestly the flux report is madness it's psychotic ..I hate it ..makes me vomit ...whobever the mad person who writes it should be locked in an asylum...should be banned from this day in as a king Charles the turd decree ...go the pies ...
Full fathom five thy Aeon lies,
Of her bones are coral made.
Those are pearls that were her eyes.
Nothing of her that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change into something rich and strange.

Ye cat lovers appreciate this. Tabby or not tabby. Cat, is the question.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Tue 13 Sep 2022 10:53pm Honestly the flux report is madness it's psychotic ..I hate it ..makes me vomit ...whobever the mad person who writes it should be locked in an asylum...should be banned from this day in as a king Charles the turd decree ...go the pies ...
hahaha
hehehe
i'm a laughing gnome
'n you won't catch me

ahhhhhhhh

yes ... dunno bout psychotic lol
but ... on or in the spectrum no doubt

:D

there's a lot going on in that head

'n probably best not get on to her wrong / right side

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.