Hunter Clark

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rubyjo
Club Player

Re: Hunter Clark

I always thought Clark could be our Pendlbury...has the skills but not the presence .

Rubyjo
Club Player

I always thought Clark could be our Pendlbury...has the skills but not the presence .

Club Player

Rubyjo wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 10:51pm I always thought Clark could be our Pendlbury...has the skills but not the presence .

I suspect it is not the presence but the awareness - where you are/where your mates are and where the opposition are. That 360 degree vision that seems to give Pendles so much time. What a player!

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 10:17pm A good coach could draw it out of Clarke
Raise expectations- you can hate him all you want but you know “he who can not be named” was the last senior coach to demand that from a Saints playing list and drag us into a GF back to back
Yep.

silverhalo
Club Player

Article just posted on Zero Hanger suggesting that Clark was set to request a trade to NM with Clarkson at the helm but now not so sure. with a cloud hanging over his future.

This is not the sort of player we need at the Saints, we need 100% commitment and if he's half hearted about being at our club, then hopefully we can orchestrate a trade for him as long as we get something decent back

https://www.zerohanger.com/clarkson-hol ... ws-128196/

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 7:27pm Article just posted on Zero Hanger suggesting that Clark was set to request a trade to NM with Clarkson at the helm but now not so sure. with a cloud hanging over his future.

This is not the sort of player we need at the Saints, we need 100% commitment and if he's half hearted about being at our club, then hopefully we can orchestrate a trade for him as long as we get something decent back

For me, this misses the heart of the issue.

What does it say about the club and the environment they’ve created when a player like Clark thinks going to North Melbourne is a better option than staying with a club that played finals two years ago. He’s a required player, a talented player, pbly paid well, has relationships at the club etc

Really feel like there’s something wrong in the environment

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Just doesn't make sense.

Who is feeding Edmunds.

Only 4 more sleeps to find out if story has legs.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 8:24pm
silverhalo wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 7:27pm Article just posted on Zero Hanger suggesting that Clark was set to request a trade to NM with Clarkson at the helm but now not so sure. with a cloud hanging over his future.

What does it say about the club and the environment they’ve created when a player like Clark thinks going to North Melbourne is a better option than staying with a club that played finals two years ago. He’s a required player, a talented player, pbly paid well, has relationships at the club etc

Like that Clark is lazy and needs to pull his finger out?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 10:43pm

If we can’t make it happen… may as well s*** shop

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Look some players just are not made of the right stuff.

Some however just need the right environment and right coaches.

I think we lack both at the Saints.

The "nice bloke" coach approach which we had with both Richo and Ratts is also not working

The coach does not have to an old fashioned breathing fire coach, but he needs to be The Coach, and not want to " one of the boys".

Long is off according to his mate as he just does not believe in Rats gameplan, and how he wants things done.

Maybe Hunter just needed a harder task master.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 12:43pm

Look some players just are not made of the right stuff.

Some however just need the right environment and right coaches.

I think we lack both at the Saints.

The "nice bloke" coach approach which we had with both Richo and Ratts is also not working

The coach does not have to an old fashioned breathing fire coach, but he needs to be The Coach, and not want to " one of the boys".

Long is off according to his mate as he just does not believe in Rats gameplan, and how he wants things done.

Maybe Hunter just needed a harder task master.
Definitely more hard heads and less cuddly shyte required. And whilst he's at it, Ratten can lose some weight, have a haircut and a shave and look like he knows how to take care of himself like Scott, Clarkson, Longmire, Goodwin et al. Can't think of a successful fat arse coach in the last 20 years.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Ang Postecoglou?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 2:59pm Ang Postecoglou?
Can’t recall if he’s a fat arse or not. Thing for me is, if a coach wants to inspire elite athletes to get the most out of themselves, it’s gonna be tougher if he shows up significantly overweight and in need of a shave and a haircut. Sloppy. Uninspiring. Lazy. Doesn’t look like a leader. “Do as I say, not as I do”.

Templar
Club Player

It's genuine, unwavering mental toughness that needs to be on display from head coach. For me the presentation not so important. Without the former there is nothing.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 3:47pm It's genuine, unwavering mental toughness that needs to be on display from head coach. For me the presentation not so important. Without the former there is nothing.
Yep agree. To me how a bloke looks is a reflection of his mental state. Is he in good shape for his age?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I also just think that regardless of whether or not it’s actually an issue… the perception is important. Why give people an easy opportunity in a cit throat business to criticise your professionalism regardless of whether or not it had legs.

Templar
Club Player

Not sure. Appearance can also exude an "I'll do it my way; I care less what the outside world thinks". You know those people - over weight, not pretty, yet remarkable confidence - and then the fact that they can be that confident despite not looking flash takes things to another level. Who am I thinking... maybe Roger Dangerfield or John Goodman etc.

But one would think that as head coach without a constant unwavering, steely determination and mental toughness this would fall a part and the coach would be open to attack.

I don't know. I am impressed by people of all shapes and sizes who don't look the part but have massive confidence in themselves. Or at least appear to.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
SaintJohno
Club Player

Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:07pm Not sure. Appearance can also exude an "I'll do it my way; I care less what the outside world thinks". You know those people - over weight, not pretty, yet remarkable confidence - and then the fact that they can be that confident despite not looking flash takes things to another level. Who am I thinking... maybe Roger Dangerfield or John Goodman etc.

But one would think that as head coach without a constant unwavering, steely determination and mental toughness this would fall a part and the coach would be open to attack.

I don't know. I am impressed by people of all shapes and sizes who don't look the part but have massive confidence in themselves. Or at least appear to.
Didn't they both have heart attacks and die young? For me, when I'm fit and really looking after myself, I feel great and it translates into extra energy and a much better attitude to all things I do in my life. I think a super fit Ratten would simply be a better version of himself and as a consequence, inspire the playing group just that little bit more.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:07pm Not sure……You know those people - over weight, not pretty, yet remarkable confidence….
……takes things to another level. Who am I thinking...

Hutchy?
SEN
Footy Classified

Fair dinkum
Say what we will..
His belief and and self-confidence is natural and powerful.
And his achievements - probably also not pretty in that business (is any business pretty?)
Speak for themselves.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:14pm
Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:07pm Who am I thinking... maybe Roger Dangerfield or John Goodman etc.
Didn't they both have heart attacks and die young?
Dangerfield died aged 82.
On April 8, 2003, Dangerfield underwent brain surgery to improve blood flow in preparation for heart valve-replacement surgery on a later date. The heart surgery took place on August 24, 2004. Upon entering the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, he uttered another characteristic one-liner when asked how long he would be hospitalized: "If all goes well, about a week. If not, about an hour and a half." He would never wake up from the anesthesia he was put under, and he would ultimately die there from complications of the surgery just six weeks later, on October 5, 2004, at age 82.

Goodman is 70 and still going.

Next!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:54pm
SaintJohno wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:14pm
Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:07pm Who am I thinking... maybe Roger Dangerfield or John Goodman etc.
On April 8, 2003, Dangerfield underwent brain surgery to improve blood flow in preparation for heart valve-replacement surgery on a later date. The heart surgery took place on August 24, 2004. Upon entering the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, he uttered another characteristic one-liner when asked how long he would be hospitalized: "If all goes well, about a week. If not, about an hour and a half." He would never wake up from the anesthesia he was put under, and he would ultimately die there from complications of the surgery just six weeks later, on October 5, 2004, at age 82.

Next!
No respect I tellya

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:07pm Roger Dangerfield
Rodney's brother? :wink:

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:25pm
Templar wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022 5:07pm Roger Dangerfield
Rodney's brother? :wink:
Patrick's uncle

SaintJohno
Club Player

[/quote]

Next!
[/quote]

As you were! Fill your boots Ratts.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This from Stavro BF usually has decent mail:
Thinks with Horne Francis requesting trade to Port might open up pick 8 for a Clark…they need to sell hope Nth as they’re rooted.

apparently

The club was very direct about his work ethic in his post season review. (Allergic to the gym + previous stuff I’ve mentioned)

Clark got a bit sooky.

Made it known he would be keen on a move in afl circles and the club didn’t shut it down but essentially said North don’t have value for him when they came asking thinking they were getting an AFL priority pick bounty.

Clarko stuff freaked him out abit.

But it’s not dead and buried.

So let’s see.

“Yeah….nah””