And Carl Amon is considering playing with this club.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

And Carl Amon is considering playing with this club.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/822805/demo ... ah-pickett

Last week the hapeless Ah Chee was also targeted by racist Blue bullies.

Hey Carl, Carlton is a s*** club with shithouse supporters
Last edited by saynta on Mon 15 Aug 2022 1:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: And Carl Amon is considering playing with this club.

Racism is just lying under the surface…. It doesn’t take much

The bigots don’t need much to spew their ugliness and their rotten souls. Remember the story about Robby Muir and his initiation at St Kilda from our very own players. That wasn’t exactly a gatorade shower was it?

It’s not a Carlton thing

It’s an Australian thing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-12/ ... /101229238

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-21/ ... /100847276

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-13/ ... fl/8442562

I was looking at some financial news and there are so many Aussie businesses crying out for workers. We had 100,000’s of migrants coming in pre-pandemic and we had probably half a million overseas young people coming here to study in colleges and universities but we have lost our advantage. We are slow in regaining the inflows and it’s not just because of Covid.

This country has had a history of treating indigenous people and people from other cultures poorly. In this day and age of social media and all the press Australia has had including our relationship with India and the prejudice that was shown when we excluded Australians coming home specifically if they were coming from India, will hurt our economy.

I reckon racist attitudes and discriminatory policies from the previous government will take 5-10 years before we restore good faith overseas.

Club Player

Well said Scollop.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Every country I've been to and it's a lot racism is everywhere . Human nature unfortunately.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Every country I've been to and it's a lot, racism is everywhere . Human nature unfortunately.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 6:48pm Racism is just lying under the surface…. It doesn’t take much

The bigots don’t need much to spew their ugliness and their rotten souls. Remember the story about Robby Muir and his initiation at St Kilda from our very own players. That wasn’t exactly a gatorade shower was it?

It’s not a Carlton thing

I was looking at some financial news and there are so many Aussie businesses crying out for workers. We had 100,000’s of migrants coming in pre-pandemic and we had probably half a million overseas young people coming here to study in colleges and universities but we have lost our advantage. We are slow in regaining the inflows and it’s not just because of Covid.

This country has had a history of treating indigenous people and people from other cultures poorly. In this day and age of social media and all the press Australia has had including our relationship with India and the prejudice that was shown when we excluded Australians coming home specifically if they were coming from India, will hurt our economy.

I reckon racist attitudes and discriminatory policies from the previous government will take 5-10 years before we restore good faith overseas.
As good an articulation of the issue as I've seen.
Should be a letter to the Hun.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Rubyjo wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 7:28pm Every country I've been to and it's a lot, racism is everywhere . Human nature unfortunately.
I agree no doubt it's not just Australia ,Carlton ,St.Kilda or any other AFL club .Weather it's fear of the unknown or just selfishness it's alive & well especially on social media

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Is this Karl Amon or Callum Ah Chee?

Who are we on about?

Amon is going to Hawthorn

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 8:49pm Is this Karl Amon or Callum Ah Chee?

Who are we on about?

Amon is going to Hawthorn
Is he?

Banger9798
SS Life Member

I thought we were right in the frame for Amon, it sounds like a certainty now for Hawthorn?

Are we putting all our eggs in the DeGoey basket here?

Because I really doubt he'll be coming to us.

stkfc1
Club Player

Amon going to.Hawks and DeGoey isn't going anywhere. We won't get any big fish until.we start looking like a contender not a pretender. This draft will be new talent only and offloading some deadwood. Hopefully we can pull.out some left field picks again eg Wilkie.
Hopefully NWM stays as then we have a good core with Windy and Owens. Would be very disappointing if he leaves.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

We are the bin chickens of the AFL
Make a lot of noise about other clubs discards but all we seem to be good for is walking around in the piles of sh!t we’ve left laying around

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
jaxons
Club Player

Short memory here.

Do I need to remind you what happened to Michael Walters and Michael Frederick after they played the Saints a few weeks ago?

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Yes, what happened?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Wed 17 Aug 2022 5:45am Yes, what happened?
The first link in the 3 posted;

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 6:48pm Racism is just lying under the surface…. It doesn’t take much

It’s not a Carlton thing

I agree as an Aboriginal man that racism exists in this country. But I do not believe it's a systemic issue as you allude.

There's significant research proving my point.

Also the immigration rate was 190,000 cap for decades. The Economics Society of Australia ( comprising 49 experts selected by their peers...of which 61% were Labor voters) reviewed our immigration status and their report strongly suggested a reduction of 30,000 immigratants annually. It stated 97% of immigrants FAILED to resettle outside inner cities in Australia causing
"increased traffic congestion, urban density and pressures on the health and other important social systems.”
Even higher cost of living could not move immigrants from inner cities. The report further found 40% falsified documents claiming to be skilled labour...and that proving skills was extremely difficult for every country and suggested a series of tests. Furthermore 47% failed uptake of offered education and employment and remain on Centrelink benefits beyond the 24 month adjustment period...in other words they're sitting on the couch.

A new series of skilled testing was developed through Curtin Uni & UNSW; as well as incentives to settle in suburban locations where other similar community members had already established themselves after immigration.

Morrison scheduled a return to the 190,000 cap for 2021 ( impacted by Covid) and then increasing to 240,000 by 2023 with 70% as targeted skilled labour.

But of course you're right it was Morrison's & the average Aussie's racist attitude that was the issue.

AND before I'm labelled a Liberal lover....I actually think Scomo was a d1ck. But facts ARE facts and what you spewed was opinion.

Shortages for businesses, that pre-Covid DID NOT have shortages, is a multi-faceted issue.

Research exists that we are meant to tick as conspiracy and it clearly shows purchased vaccines in stock do not match the numbers required to meet the spruiked 97-98 % population vaccination rate. It's actually more 61-63%. This has been the case in over 59 countries reviewed. For some reason governments are falsifying numbers vaccinated...maybe to encourage the stragglers in a "join the herd" psychological move or to remove opposition from some people's minds if they realised almost 40% of Aussies have refused the vaccine?

What it means for our workforce ( without all the politics or opinions about whether Covid vax are relevant etc) is that there's a large populice of former workers no longer working due to Covid....either retired or refusing to be vaccinated...this is fact.

Nursing, education, hospitality, law enforcement, paramedics, fire services, correctional workers, health system workers, retail...all these industries report serious loss of staff due to refusal of vaccination...no opinion given here or a judgement either way on these people, just facts.

Furthermore, Covid caused border restrictions globally limiting backpapers, who provide labour force in hospitality, events, agriculture, casual role fulfillment.

None of this is Labor or Liberals fault.

It's not a Morrison issue.

It's not a racism issue.

Yes, some players face racism. Definitely.

Racism exists.

But in my travels around our country I find the majority of Aussies are very accepting and accommodating of immigrants and in my 61 yrs I've seen a massive improvement of relations between the average Aussie & Aboriginal peoples.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 17 Aug 2022 2:25pm
Also the immigration rate was 190,000 cap for decades. The Economics Society of Australia ( comprising 49 experts selected by their peers...of which 61% were Labor voters) reviewed our immigration status and their report strongly suggested a reduction of 30,000 immigratants annually. It stated 97% of immigrants FAILED to resettle outside inner cities in Australia causing
"increased traffic congestion, urban density and pressures on the health and other important social systems.”
Even higher cost of living could not move immigrants from inner cities. The report further found 40% falsified documents claiming to be skilled labour...and that proving skills was extremely difficult for every country and suggested a series of tests. Furthermore 47% failed uptake of offered education and employment and remain on Centrelink benefits beyond the 24 month adjustment period...in other words they're sitting on the couch.

A new series of skilled testing was developed through Curtin Uni & UNSW; as well as incentives to settle in suburban locations where other similar community members had already established themselves after immigration.

Morrison scheduled a return to the 190,000 cap for 2021 ( impacted by Covid) and then increasing to 240,000 by 2023 with 70% as targeted skilled labour.

But of course you're right it was Morrison's & the average Aussie's racist attitude that was the issue.

AND before I'm labelled a Liberal lover....I actually think Scomo was a d1ck. But facts ARE facts and what you spewed was opinion.
It always gets messy when we go down the path of politics, but it’s unavoidable when you discuss racism

You have raised a few other important issues. I was simply highlighting the record of the coalition regarding relations with our trading partners and attitudes towards people from other cultures and the divisive language used by Liberal Party politicians over the last 25 years.

Just on ‘The Economics Society of Australia’…

You make it sound as though they were running the country and they were responsible for government policy

Did the Economics Society visit the Governor General to ask for control of the Immigration ministry?

Just getting back to the underlying topic of racism within this thread. You said;
But I do not believe it's a systemic issue as you allude.

I’m sure there is but you haven’t provided any here.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

There are racist supporters (of varying degrees) of every club, across every league, in Australia.

It doesn't take much digging around here to see examples of casual/blatant racism.

Glass houses and all...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I love how people assumed the Amon was coming to the club because his mum works for us.
I wouldn't want to work with my mum lol, unless it was a family business.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Banger9798
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Thu 18 Aug 2022 2:10pm There are racist supporters (of varying degrees) of every club, across every league, in Australia.

It doesn't take much digging around here to see examples of casual/blatant racism.

Glass houses and all...
This is true. I remember going to the Swans game when Goodes was getting booed each round and hoping our supporters wouldn't join in.
We were as loud as any other mob.

Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

North Melbourne might suddenly be in the picture for Karl Amon

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 18 Aug 2022 1:11pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 17 Aug 2022 2:25pm

It always gets messy when we go down the path of politics, but it’s unavoidable when you discuss racism

You have raised a few other important issues. I was simply highlighting the record of the coalition regarding relations with our trading partners and attitudes towards people from other cultures and the divisive language used by Liberal Party politicians over the last 25 years.

Just on ‘The Economics Society of Australia’…

You make it sound as though they were running the country and they were responsible for government policy

Did the Economics Society visit the Governor General to ask for control of the Immigration ministry?

Just getting back to the underlying topic of racism within this thread. You said;
But I do not believe it's a systemic issue as you allude.

I’m sure there is but you haven’t provided any here.
I don't know enough about economics to know whether it was good or not but the 22 recommended changes were all adapted in an amazing nonpartisan way. I read the dissenting forum members ( 4 members) concerns and they were just as legit as the other findings.

Research on systemic racism in Australia is currently tainted by the hard lean toward self hatred. In my work at CSIRO for 31 yrs I found that ALL research was bias no matter how hard we might try at a information collection or laboratory level. Usually the body funding research requires a certain outcome and will plan to fund multiple centres, universities and organisations until they get the "facts" they seek.

I have seen corporate settings where systemic racism and bigotry were rife. I have worked in a business as a young man where every manager was so sexist the atmosphere was disgusting towards women.

I have see this change so much as well as racism but for some reason we Aussies refuse to pat our selves on the back for working hard to eradicate hatred and bias. Yes, it still exists, it always will.

But we're a damn fine nation today and I'm very proud of where we are...I hope it continues.

I would not doubt sport has had and had some embedded culture where that bias and racism thrives. I hope it keeps being exposed...but we take it for what it is and not see the whole apple rotten to the core.