Pyss off Lloyd ya flog

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Templar
Club Player

Re: Pyss off Lloyd ya flog

Some mate.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Seems like there’s a few on here who are much more precious than the club!

Didn’t see anything wrong with anything said, seems like he just wants to see him be his best.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintJohno
Club Player

If he's being taught to roll the ball around combined with a short run up, leaning back, then the kicking coach needs to be sacked.
If not, and he's doing that anyway, back to the seconds until you can listen.
A set routine will take much of the stress out for him, maybe the Josh Kennedy stutter steps would work, whatever it is it just needs to be the same every time so he doesn't need to think.

Templar
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 8:03pm Didn’t see anything wrong with anything said, seems like he just wants to see him be his best.
Its a kind of psychological gift from Lloyd to his pupil.

"Hey mate, you effed up again. Don't worry. Keep calm. You can sort this out with a few basics. Don't let it get to your head. That is the most important thing. Oh, and by the way, I am going to do another media blitz on how crap you are, how you need to learn everything from scratch, like I did last year!! I've got radio spots lined up all week!!"

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 7:17pm FFS, the Pavlovian response to criticism on here is something else.

Watch this again. It's 100% right. St Kilda is run by clowns.

Yeah Lloyd is right. Someone who was pumping him up at Hailebury should have spent 3 years with him teaching him the right technique, someone like a mentor or coach.
Lloyd nearly choked on his own c**k when TJ asked him 'shouldn't he know'.
'Umm I don't know is working with him. His technique is mentioned year after year. He has that technique for 15 years. I haven't seen anything change.'
You had him in high school for 3 years Matthew.
He's crying out (15 months ago) for help.
Maybe Lloyd can follow him around from the boundary, and every time he is in range, he can go out and hold his hand.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

News just said club gave backflipped
Now open to external help for King
Shoulda said that from the get go the clowns
Diffuse the whole non event
Just gives you an inkling into the Shyte thinking going on behind closed doors right now

“Yeah….nah””
Templar
Club Player

Always trust the news.

Templar
Club Player

Maybe the club should set up a Dear Max hotline where experts can call in and offer their advice. Max can field calls all day just to make sure that no other goal kicking experts feel slighted.

What a circus. Good on ya Lloydy.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

What the hell was wrong with what Lloyd said

Completely right

And embarrassing for StK

King has been hung out to dry by lack of expertise or willingness to source expertise

Joke

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I still don’t blame the club for not getting a media star like Lloyd in, but a public relations disaster anyway..

Bloody Saints!

Now the turn of face will also be laughed at.

Perhaps we should just admit reticence because we didn’t want a high profile media guy.

Just see how insincere they are on the show, someone saying to Lloyd that ‘and you’d be willing to do it for free, right Lordo?’ ..as if Max or the club would be worried about penny pinching!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Templar
Club Player

Goal kicking sharp shooter Mark "Jacko" Jackson joins the celebrity goal kicker advice pile on.

"I have been trying to set up training sessions with Max but the club hasn't called me back yet. I can't understand why the club is not reaching out. Lloyd had his go with him but he now says on the telly that Max has to forget everything he learned from him and start all over again. What a flog. Anyway Warwick wants to help too. I don't know why they havent called us back. I even offered to teach him hand stands but nothing. I want to help Curnow and Stringer too but their clubs told us to piss off. Clearly lots of insecure coaches in the AFL working behind closed doors. Should be open doors for us legends of the game."

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Ratten has said he Others had worked on king's problem last year

A complete fail then

If needs someone else DO IT

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Ratten has said he Others had worked on king's problem last year

A complete fail then

If needs someone else DO IT

saint4life
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 8:17pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 8:03pm Didn’t see anything wrong with anything said, seems like he just wants to see him be his best.
Its a kind of psychological gift from Lloyd to his pupil.

"Hey mate, you effed up again. Don't worry. Keep calm. You can sort this out with a few basics. Don't let it get to your head. That is the most important thing. Oh, and by the way, I am going to do another media blitz on how crap you are, how you need to learn everything from scratch, like I did last year!! I've got radio spots lined up all week!!"
Sounds to me that no one is having a go at King, they’re having a go at the club, and rightly so.

Also sounds like you just don’t like Lloyd, and what he actually says is irrelevant, you just want to pot him, repeatedly…

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Ben Dixon - who was a sharp shooter

Was employed by the club as a goal kicking coach and it didn’t help

Puts pay to the fact that being good at something doesn’t make you an expert on it, in fact rarely does!

That’s why I laugh at suggests like

A former tough player coaching makes his players tougher
Or
A really accurate kick will make other players accurate

Going by that
If Cam Smith coached me in golf I would be off scratch in 12 months
Wouldn’t happen!!!!

happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 9:36pm Ben Dixon - who was a sharp shooter

Puts pay to the fact that being good at something doesn’t make you an expert on it, in fact rarely does!

Or

Going by that
Wouldn’t happen!!!!
I have a mate who is a pretty good golfer, off 2 or 3 or thereabouts. We met Constantino Rocca at a golf event and played a round with him. He got my mate to make a small adjustment to his swing when driving and it put 20 - 30 meters onto his distance.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Reducing max’s golf handicap will make him feel better about things I’m sure

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 9:36pm Ben Dixon - who was a sharp shooter

Or

Going by that
Wouldn’t happen!!!!
BM you probably can't afford him now & once he signs up for the rebel tour you are no chance :wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Haven't read this thread but imagine it will be full of people defending the club and attacking Lloyd.

Well, I just watched Lloyd's assessment and it was spot on.

Literally, behind Lockett, Lloyd was the best kick for goal I ever saw. And Lloyd had to work at building a perfect technique in order to do it. Ben Dixon wasn't nearly as good a kick for goal as has been made out - that theory was a media myth and somehow passed into lore; his record proves it (282 goals, 176 behinds). Lloyd kicked almost 1000 goals...and in one year kicked 62.16. Stunning.

Lloyd admitted in that piece on Ch9 he'd help King for free. My goodness - if Ben Crenshaw offered to help you with your putting, wouldn't you snap his arm off?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Get Lloyd to critique his 100 odd goals. He'll tell you he taught him in school but somebody else is responsible for the misses.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Why are we so defensive here, I would be organising a taxi or an Uber for Lloyd straight away.
Why some are saying Lloyd was his coach during his school days, people can slip into bad habits and forget what they were taught.
If not Lloyd then another good kicker to get Max out of the bad habits he has formed and get him doing a routine that works.
Peter Hudson did wonders with Stewie Loewe.
I would also have Max in the gym over the summer to build up his upper body strength.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 2:31pm
"he currently works with an elite, forward and a renowned biomechanical kicking expert."

The question is, can either of these two kick as well as Matthew Lloyd? If the answer is no, and I suspect it is because Lloyd was a magnificent kick of the football, one of the best ever, then then Ratten's argument that we have all the resources Max needs is absolute bull. Lloyd actually analyzed the biomechanics of Max's kicking. It is not good. Anyone can see that and for Ratten to tell us it is means he's just gaslighting us.

Carna Saints!!!
Crossy66
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote: Mon 15 Aug 2022 12:27pm
Crossy66 wrote: Sun 14 Aug 2022 2:31pm
"he currently works with an elite, forward and a renowned biomechanical kicking expert."

The question is, can either of these two kick as well as Matthew Lloyd? If the answer is no, and I suspect it is because Lloyd was a magnificent kick of the football, one of the best ever, then then Ratten's argument that we have all the resources Max needs is absolute bull. Lloyd actually analyzed the biomechanics of Max's kicking. It is not good. Anyone can see that and for Ratten to tell us it is means he's just gaslighting us.
Point is that what the coach says publicly is different to to what happens behind closed doors. His first Instinct was the try and shield a player who was shattered and devoid of confidence.
Secondly, the saints will get help from anywhere or anyone they can to help, but it needs to happen away from the public gaze and scrutiny.
I have no problem with Lloyd, but he is now a media performer, that's his job.
But by doing and saying what he said on a footy show was never done with max' s interests at heart. Simple private call would be more genuine rather than self promotion.

Templar
Club Player

Matthew Lloyd bleeds for the Saints. He only has our best interest at heart.

He also has Max King's welfare and mental health in mind when he does his annual television and radio blitz about the young man whenever he has a bad day.

A true Saint is Lloyd.

"He called you."
"He did!"

Such rare dignity.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I am yet to work out what the modern meaning of gaslighting is.

Growing up we has a couple of gas heating systems which you used a match to light.

Our current gas hot water system and heating system both have pilot lights and come on at the push of a button.