Hunter Clark

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hunter Clark

Linton Street Saint wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 11:39pm Out of everything you saw tonight this is what you bring up ?

The kid should be f**king commended after having his head caved in after spending 6 months out to sack up and just walk out onto the field this year.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but this is just about as uninformed as it gets.
When the man's right, he's fkn right! Bar one thing - stick around, you'll see lots more "uninformed" crap than just that.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Brunswicksainter
Club Player

I was thinking to myself tonight. What is Clark’s role in this team going to be going forward? We already have two half back loose playing flankers who I think most (including the st Kilda coaching team) clearly view as better options. Clark is not a good a shut down defensive player and is better with ball in hand. Given this, he needs to completely redevelop himself as an outside midfielder next season or I think his career could sadly fizzles out as he just isn’t quite good enough to be the primary loose player off half back when Sinclair and hill are still in the team. I still see potential in him, but time is running out if he wants to develop into an elite AFL player and not just a run-of-the-mill fringe player that he is at the moment.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 1:33am I was thinking to myself tonight. What is Clark’s role in this team going to be going forward? We already have two half back loose playing flankers who I think most (including the st Kilda coaching team) clearly view as better options. Clark is not a good a shut down defensive player and is better with ball in hand. Given this, he needs to completely redevelop himself as an outside midfielder next season or I think his career could sadly fizzles out as he just isn’t quite good enough to be the primary loose player off half back when Sinclair and hill are still in the team. I still see potential in him, but time is running out if he wants to develop into an elite AFL player and not just a run-of-the-mill fringe player that he is at the moment.
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he shockingly requests a trade this or next off season. It will probably be a lot easier for him to develop when he’s not playing second fiddle to arguably the best half back flanker in the league (Sinclair). Given the salary he’s on though, there may not be many takers out there.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:21am He’s a spud.

Another first round draft pick down the toilet.
23 year old midfielder getting 12 touches a game.

No speed, no urgency, no will or want to win.
No physical pressure.
Wtf has he been doing?? Does he actually train or get in the gym at all??

As much as I hate the prick Selwood, where the feck are the players that want to stand up.

It’s embarrassing that Mason Wood has been the only one in the past month to show any of these qualities.
A truly spectacular example of a 'real' expert getting just a fraction ahead of his own capability.

What exactly is that capability, 'Annoyed' one? Why are you so annoyed? Why is what Clark does, or not, so damn important to you? No role models of worth? No gym membership credits yourself? Lacking a yard? Never had your jaw broken in multiple places?

It's just Hunter Clark that's the whole club's problem, eh?

Got f.a to do with your own inadequacies, eh? Just Hunter Clark's?

Jeezarse wept, sh*theads like you are so fkn transparent. Pathetic, really.
<2 week ban for abuse of a fellow poster>

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:30am
CURLY wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:25am

No physical pressure.

As much as I hate the prick Selwood, where the feck are the players that want to stand up.

It’s embarrassing that Mason Wood has been the only one in the past month to show any of these qualities.
Wrong on everything
Correct on everything.
An absolute bust. When’s the last time he got 25-30 touches…..I’ll wait.

He’s absolutely nowhere with the body of a pretzel.

Fail. Fail Fail.
All I hear is excuse after excuse.
Project much?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 1:00am
CURLY wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:50am
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:41am
CURLY wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:37am
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:36am
saintbob wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:30am The kid just needs some f****** luck
Just needs some luck…..
Like Billings, Webster, Jones, etc, etc.

See where I’m heading here.
He’ll be 27-28 and people will still be getting defensive about it.

There’s no luck involved when it’s repetitive over and over and over again.

Having your head caved in twice in two seasons what would you like him to do.
Maybe have some footy smarts and get it out of the way.
God…..we’ll have another 15 years of this trash before people actually wake up or start to care.
Ah, the ol' 'are you his Dad' ploy! Always a winner. An expression of true intellectual prowess.

And, as boring as fkn batshyte. But, let's all celebrate, you're 'annoyed'. Triffic.

Yep troll
Probly been a member longer than you, but sure.

Keep living in fantasy land because when nothing changes, the more it stays the same.

Are you his Dad?! The staggering defence of a woefully inept player on 400-500k a year is ridiculous.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:41am
CURLY wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:37am
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:36am
saintbob wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:30am The kid just needs some f****** luck
Just needs some luck…..
Like Billings, Webster, Jones, etc, etc.

See where I’m heading here.
He’ll be 27-28 and people will still be getting defensive about it.

There’s no luck involved when it’s repetitive over and over and over again.

Having your head caved in twice in two seasons what would you like him to do.
Maybe have some footy smarts and get it out of the way.
God…..we’ll have another 15 years of this trash before people actually wake up or start to care.
"God"?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 1:40am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 1:33am I was thinking to myself tonight. What is Clark’s role in this team going to be going forward? We already have two half back loose playing flankers who I think most (including the st Kilda coaching team) clearly view as better options. Clark is not a good a shut down defensive player and is better with ball in hand. Given this, he needs to completely redevelop himself as an outside midfielder next season or I think his career could sadly fizzles out as he just isn’t quite good enough to be the primary loose player off half back when Sinclair and hill are still in the team. I still see potential in him, but time is running out if he wants to develop into an elite AFL player and not just a run-of-the-mill fringe player that he is at the moment.
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he shockingly requests a trade this or next off season. It will probably be a lot easier for him to develop when he’s not playing second fiddle to arguably the best half back flanker in the league (Sinclair). Given the salary he’s on though, there may not be many takers out there.
One of the more simplistic representations of the modern game I've come across in quite some time. But, go ahead, play on - ignorance is bliss.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 2:03am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 1:40am
One of the more simplistic representations of the modern game I've come across in quite some time. But, go ahead, play on - ignorance is bliss.
What exactly do you disagree with? Or have you just hit the glass barbie a bit to hard tonight?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Good player - no doubt - fkn courageous

Not AFL elite fitness - not even proper AFL fitness

He needs the riot act read to him about his career fitness levels

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

So, Hunter is the new whipping boy, is he?

The kid is brave and talented. He's been smashed around in the past 15 months and all you can do is heap Sh#t on him.

You're just sitting there every week looking for things in his game to criticise. You've got your agenda and you're just searching for any moment, any mistake so you can jump up and down and shout out "See, I told you so, I told you so!!!

It's vindictive and reflects more on your character than Clarks ability and value to the team.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 1:25am
skeptic wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 11:30pm Unless the first reply is that he’s carrying an injury… kid is clearly not match fit

Spent the entire second half off to the side waiting for short passes to get easy uncontested ball.
Brushed off tackles easily on numerous occasions and on two occasions in the third, he was briefly on Rayner (or the man closest to him) and was just burned off for two goals.

I hated watching that performance… IMO this kid on potential is an amalgamation of prime Luke Ball and Nicky Dal… yet he was out breath that whole second half. Got a measly 4 touches after half time.

Why play him when he’s in this kind of shape.

I tell you… preseason 2023, I wanted to read post after post about how he is absolutely burning up the track like Coffield was pre injury this year.
Rare appearance by meself around these parts, but gotta say, to suggest he hangs outside waiting for, let me quote: "easy uncontested ball", is pig ignorant s**t.
It’s not generally a feature of his ply but it was last night
Watch the replay

Where I saw him most was on the HBF where a Saint had the mark and he kept moving about 15m away trying to get a short pass. He really lacked run
Last edited by skeptic on Sat 13 Aug 2022 8:43am, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 8:00am So, Hunter is the new whipping boy, is he?

The kid is brave and talented. He's been smashed around in the past 15 months and all you can do is heap Sh#t on him.

You're just sitting there every week looking for things in his game to criticise. You've got your agenda and you're just searching for any moment, any mistake so you can jump up and down and shout out "See, I told you so, I told you so!!!

It's vindictive and reflects more on your character than Clarks ability and value to the team.
I’m not sure if this is directed at me but there is nothing vindictive about what I’ve posted.

I’m not anti Clark. Am a huge fan and I’ve not taken a shot at his courage or suggested he be cut.

I think he’s very clearly lacking fitness and don’t reckon it’s helpful playing him when he can’t keep up

The emotion in this thread on both ends is a little shocking

I don’t think there’s any argument that he had a poor game juxtaposed to his ability and he clearly ran out of puff at 1/4.

Why so many are getting personal is beyond me.

I think we can all agree he’s a courageous player but his injuries are irrelevant now… he’s been back for a month. We brought aggression to a season ending game… if his injuries impacted his to play his natural game he pbly shouldn’t have played

spert
Saintsational Legend

I only ever seen him as a GOP who might improve a little in time, but injuries clearly have slowed him a bit.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 1:44am

No physical pressure.

A truly spectacular example of a 'real' expert getting just a fraction ahead of his own capability.

What exactly is that capability, 'Annoyed' one? Why are you so annoyed? Why is what Clark does, or not, so damn important to you? No role models of worth? No gym membership credits yourself? Lacking a yard? Never had your jaw broken in multiple places?

Ahhh posters getting personal. Standard.

I’d have thought it’s pretty obvious why I’ve got the s***s.
Another year down the toilet and it’s the same culprits over and over again that are the problem.

The whole list needs to be bombed and start again.
One fluke finals appearance in 11 years now and I’m the problem lol.

If you spoke to me like like in person I know what the result would be champ.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 10:50am

No physical pressure.

Should have reported him.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

My post was directed at AnnoyedSaint

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Looked very lively in the first term but just vanished thereafter.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

No physical pressure.

Another year down the toilet and it’s the same culprits over and over again that are the problem.

Takes the moral high ground, then threatens violence.

Jog on, see you next Tuesday.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Linton Street Saint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 11:59am

No physical pressure.

Another one.
How is that threatening violence??
Just a simple fact you wouldn’t talk like that to someone’s face.

All I’ve done here is state the obvious that Clark is not AFL standard. Injuries are an excuse, what about the other 3 years of substandard play he produces??

Where’s our Nick Daicos, that’s a player at 19 that dominates, can run and hit targets.

People get so defensive on here about players that have taken us absolutely nowhere in 11 years. Repeat the dose with the ones that have come in the past 5 years.

If they are no good, keep turning them over until you find some one worthy to persist with.

Clark is Billings all over again. Wasting our time.

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 12:11pm
Linton Street Saint wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 11:59am

No physical pressure.

Another one.
How is that threatening violence??
Just a simple fact you wouldn’t talk like that to someone’s face.

All I’ve done here is state the obvious that Clark is not AFL standard. Injuries are an excuse, what about the other 3 years of substandard play he produces??

Where’s our Nick Daicos, that’s a player at 19 that dominates, can run and hit targets.

People get so defensive on here about players that have taken us absolutely nowhere in 11 years. Repeat the dose with the ones that have come in the past 5 years.

If they are no good, keep turning them over until you find some one worthy to persist with.

Clark is Billings all over again. Wasting our time.
" If you spoke to me like like in person I know what the result would be champ. "

Sorry just for clarification for everyone you're stating that the above wasn't a threat of violence it was your way of say 'You wouldn't talk to me like that in person' ..... because why ? why wouldn't they talk to you like that in person.

I'll save you some time, that's rhetorical we all know what the result would be champ.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

In regards to the OP, didn't Sinclair and Rayner line up on each other? Is Clark copping two of Rayner's goal to give the OP some kind of validation?

Templar
Club Player

Can I suggest a dual? 3pm next Sunday. Y and J's top bar. Pints at 4 paces. Happy to volunteer as a second.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

TheOtheeThommo copped 2 wks for abuse.

Well deserved, IMHO.
If we want this forum to avoid becoming another BigFooty, we need to stop eating our own.
Let that be a lesson to you all

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

AF points- 45

Just above Mav Butler.
4th last.
8 kicks, 4 handballs.
One possession was a misdirected Lions kick, another was from a kick-in.
What role was he playing?
It wasn't a fulltime footballer, that's for sure.
If professional coaches can't get him to the required level, he needs to be put in the Zebs until he can get his act together.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee