This will make some of you happy!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

This will make some of you happy!

Scroll down to the highlighted section...

AFL 2022: All the latest coaching news, movement, contracts
Alastair Clarkson has started putting feelers out to build his ideal coaching team for next year, and a Demon legend — and father of a current gun — could be top of the list.

Jay Clark
Follow
@ClarkyHeraldSun
less than 2 min read
August 11, 2022 - 9:28AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Melbourne great Todd Viney has emerged as a potential right-hand man for Alastair Clarkson at a new club next season.

Clarkson has been speaking to former lieutenants about their interest in joining him as part of a coaching panel at either North Melbourne or Greater Western Sydney next season.

Industry figures believe the Kangaroos are the front runner for Clarkson, and Adem Yze was the man to beat for the Giants’ job.

Clarkson is close mates and former teammates with Viney, who had been tipped to perform a Neil Balme-style role at the Kangaroos alongside Clarkson as a coaching director or cultural boss.

But it is unclear whether Viney has yet made a decision on his future.

Viney, who is a highly-respected figure in AFL circles, did not return News Corp’s calls on Tuesday about a return to football.

Viney has sat out of the game and worked on his rural property since leaving the Demons in 2019.

Football officials say he could play a key role helping support Clarkson and developing the culture and team ethos at the Kangaroos.

At Melbourne, Viney performed a variety of key off-field roles including in coaching, recruiting and strategy.

He captained Melbourne and is a team of the century member. Clarkson and Viney played at Melbourne in 1996-97.

St Kilda strategist David Rath, who played a key role in Hawthorn’s premiership dynasty in 2013-15, has also been linked to a move from St Kilda to Clarkson’s football department.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: This will make some of you happy!

Good riddance.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He’ll be gone at the end of the year and a few others I suggest.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Bloody David Rath!!!

Get rid of him and all will be good

I don’t care if the won flags at Hawthorn or Clarkson wants him back with him, he’s the problem!!!

He is NO good!!!

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

B.M wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 1:24pm Bloody David Rath!!!

Get rid of him and all will be good

I don’t care if the won flags at Hawthorn or Clarkson wants him back with him, he’s the problem!!!

He is NO good!!!
Yep, get rid of Rath and all our issues go away :lol:

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Club Player

It may not solve all our problems but something has to give.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone know what Rath does at the Saints ?
Does anyone know why Rath has to go or is it someone needs to sacked so he'll do for a start ?
Rath would be better off working with Clarkson because football wise Clarkson is smarter than anyone working in the Saints Footy department which
would suit Rath better, as proved previously.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Sanctorum
Club Player

I've never quite worked out why so many supporters dislike David Rath and attribute some of the blame for the team's failure to perform to him.

Unless someone has some hard evidence that David Rath is actually no good and a problem in the role he's had at Moorabbin since 2020, I can only assume that it is based purely on perceptions, and fair enough, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that's all it is.

If the report that Clarkson wants David Rath on his team if he coaches in 2023 it would suggest to me that he knows more about the bloke than do the supporters.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 4:24pm I've never quite worked out why so many supporters dislike David Rath and attribute some of the blame for the team's failure to perform to him.

Unless someone has some hard evidence that David Rath is actually no good and a problem in the role he's had at Moorabbin since 2020, I can only assume that it is based purely on perceptions, and fair enough, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that's all it is.

If the report that Clarkson wants David Rath on his team if he coaches in 2023 it would suggest to me that he knows more about the bloke than do the supporters.
Yeah I don’t really get it either

All I can add is that there have been reports on this forum that the players have had difficulty with his take on the game plan or some such feedback

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 4:24pm I've never quite worked out why so many supporters dislike David Rath and attribute some of the blame for the team's failure to perform to him.

- Saints were better before he arrived;
- His role is too nebulous to be able to be simply described;
- Insiders say he spoils Ratts coaching environment and adds no value, actually causes friction;
- Clarkson may have won despite Rath rather than with him;
- whatever his theories and thesis they have not improved us. Can't contribute to improvement then thanks and ta ta.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ratts is contracted and Lethlean is untouchable and a scapegoat is needed.

Just predicting what could happen.

takeaway
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 5:23pm

- Insiders say he spoils Ratts coaching environment and adds no value, actually causes friction;
- whatever his theories and thesis they have not improved us. Can't contribute to improvement then thanks and ta ta.
Strange post.

- Saints improved and made finals (winning one) the year after he arrived, albeit in a reduced season
- his role is too "nebulous" ? What has that got to do with anything?
- the other points are just supposition. If Clarkson wants him, that says it all, he will be a loss to the Saints.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 6:18pm
- the other points are just supposition.
Unlike most of the other fact based analysis written on here…..

😂🤣😂

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I dont know who develops our game plan and training methodology? If Rath is responsible for it he needs to be held accountable as it is obviously defunct. Perhaps he is jumping before he gets pushed?

A number of us have been saying for decades, but we are cant expect to challenge until we have a dominant midfield.

Killa
Club Player

Just so far off the mark - from the speculation to the facts

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 8:59pm Just so far off the mark - from the speculation to the facts
What are the facts Siggy ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Strange post.

- Saints improved and made finals (winning one) the year after he arrived, albeit in a reduced season
- the other points are just supposition. If Clarkson wants him, that says it all, he will be a loss to the Saints.
Why strange? Supposition fuels this forum. You the supposition police. Love the irony in your first and last para.s

takeaway
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 10:45pm

Strange post.

Why strange? Supposition fuels this forum. You the supposition police. Love the irony in your first and last para.s
So you don't know what his role is, but he's no good at whatever his role is? Makes perfect sense. :shock:

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He went alright at Hawthorn

All these failures at StK - have ever stopped to think what the common denominator is

Could it possibly be the club, not the individual?!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

You do realise how the internet works hey Yorkeys, especially the sites where everyone is anonymous. Just question things every now and then, try and use a little of your own free thoughts even and just hold back enough to let certain posts percolate before you go early with repeating and or distorting them as truth and gospel.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 1:02am He went alright at Hawthorn

All these failures at StK - have ever stopped to think what the common denominator is

Could it possibly be the club, not the individual?!
Glass jaw?

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 8:54am

You do realise how the internet works hey Yorkeys, especially the sites where everyone is anonymous. Just question things every now and then, try and use a little of your own free thoughts even and just hold back enough to let certain posts percolate before you go early with repeating and or distorting them as truth and gospel.
Glass jaw?
And wipe the dribble, not a good look.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Lade is who I want gone
Rath is t a coach and shouldn’t be a coach
Bring in some genuine football experience and preferably from a current successful outfit

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Is there a chance, just a small chance that Hawthorn had a better list than us during their 3 peat?!

David Rath and Alistair Clarkso had a bit to work with and get way to much credit

Brett Ratten and Rath have less to work with and get too much criticism

Have some perspective

Sanctorum
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 11:32pm
Yorkeys wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 10:45pm

Strange post.

So you don't know what his role is, but he's no good at whatever his role is? Makes perfect sense. :shock:
:lol: :lol:

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist