Genius new game plan rule set

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Genius new game plan rule set

Brett will be gone in mid 2024 if we rebuild and will have to be paid out.

The new coach will come in - there will be a honeymoon period so he will be signed. Everyone on here will think the magic wand has been waved, scapegoat gone and all is well.

Only for the results to wane again and the new coach will be the problem again!

Maybe we should wait for Tassie to come in before we rebuild again? Like last time we did in compromised drafts!

We laud Lethlean- then drop off him
We laud Gallagher- then drop off him
We laud Ratten - the drop off him

We thought Rath (the Hawthorn guru) was a great coup - now he’s the man responsible

There IS no one person, there is no magic fix. As much as people want it!

Did anyone think we were contending this season?

Because going on the hysteria on here, it’s like we were flag favourites?!

We need to stay the course and keep churning over players and coaches until we get the right mix!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

This thread is hilarious.

Templar
Club Player

Sadly not as laughable as q3 and q4 on Saturday night.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 9:23am Sadly not as laughable as q3 and q4 on Saturday night.
Yes, laughed so much I cried.

Templar
Club Player

I think that second half should be a boiler plate of what needs to be addressed in our game plan. What needs to be changed/adjusted so that we would be competitive in that situation instead of ineffectual.

Hard to watch it but if we dont address it we will get to watch it over and over again against other teams.

Truly interested in what should be implemented to prevent quarters of football like that. I had my unqualified go.

Not interested in trade talk or sacking talk. As a coach what would you be putting in place to have us come out after half time as competitive?

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 9:48am I think that second half should be a boiler plate of what needs to be addressed in our game plan. What needs to be changed/adjusted so that we would be competitive in that situation instead of ineffectual.

Hard to watch it but if we dont address it we will get to watch it over and over again against other teams.

Truly interested in what should be implemented to prevent quarters of football like that. I had my unqualified go.

Not interested in trade talk or sacking talk. As a coach what would you be putting in place to have us come out after half time as competitive?
Why should only the supporters be allowed to start thinking about where they would like to holiday in September.

Let's hope we have a successful time during the trade period, let's hope we get some improvement out of the players on the list over the pre season and letts lock N reload for 2023.

2022 is done. I think we can make the 8 in 2023.

Templar
Club Player

Fixing what happened after half time on Saturday (which looked similar to what we have done in other games since the bye) I think is key to being competitive in 2023. Otherwise it could be a very long year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 6:55am Brett will be gone in mid 2024 if we rebuild and will have to be paid out.

The new coach will come in - there will be a honeymoon period so he will be signed. Everyone on here will think the magic wand has been waved, scapegoat gone and all is well.

Only for the results to wane again and the new coach will be the problem again!

Maybe we should wait for Tassie to come in before we rebuild again? Like last time we did in compromised drafts!

We laud Lethlean- then drop off him
We laud Gallagher- then drop off him
We laud Ratten - the drop off him

We thought Rath (the Hawthorn guru) was a great coup - now he’s the man responsible

There IS no one person, there is no magic fix. As much as people want it!

Did anyone think we were contending this season?

Because going on the hysteria on here, it’s like we were flag favourites?!

We need to stay the course and keep churning over players and coaches until we get the right mix!
Coaches contracts pay outs now capped at max 6 mths Brett won’t be on huge $ he’s not Clarkson so dollars not an issue
We spent 6 years working out Richo was a spud - by end of this contract Brett will be our equal second longest serving coach
At what point do you realise that the message is either wrong or not getting through??
There is no magic fix that’s true but there is a right fit in terms of coach and we’ve stuffed the last 2 choices
How about we do our homework and get the coaching decision right for a change - like we should’ve done proper due diligence end of this year before re-signing Ratten but again….amateur hour decision making …
Did anyone think we were contending this year????
Didn’t the Board come out and say window is open from 2022???

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 11:21am
Templar wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 9:48am I think that second half should be a boiler plate of what needs to be addressed in our game plan. What needs to be changed/adjusted so that we would be competitive in that situation instead of ineffectual.

I think we can make the 8 in 2023.
Is that the bottom 8 ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?