Vent your spleen right here right now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vent your spleen right here right now

the continuing quiet horror story of being a Saints boy
... is it over yet ?

another glum sunday

2 points outside the 8
2 games to play

seems so but seems not

a torturous 22
... games and season

yay us
:cry:
Last edited by asiu on Sun 07 Aug 2022 12:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Ok. Look at the Cats back six. Look at our fwd line. Tell me honestly you really think anyone could coach us to more than 10 goals.
You could do a similar comparison on every line.
Add in home game and minor premiership on offer that's an expected result.
Name calling the President and denigrating the coach doesn't make DeKoening any shorter or slower or make our fumblers cleaner. You learn, you plan, you improve the list and assistants.
Unless tantrums help you then by all means, if you don't care about credibility.

Lennylegs
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 12:11pm Ok. Look at the Cats back six. Look at our fwd line. Tell me honestly you really think anyone could coach us to more than 10 goals.
Name calling the President and denigrating the coach doesn't make DeKoening any shorter or slower or make our fumblers cleaner. You learn, you plan, you improve the list and assistants.
Unless tantrums help you then by all means, if you don't care about credibility.
We beat Geelong earlier in the year. No reason we couldn't put in at least an admirable performance last night when one of their most important players (Blicavs) and two of their senior leaders were on the sidelines.

Saying it just comes down to talent is a cop out. Just more excuse making. And I'm not even talking about winning the bloody game. I'm talking about putting in a performance that deserves at least a morsel of respect.

Granted, we've got plenty of plodders on our list. But I'm not copping a performance like that and saying it comes down to talent. Blokes have gotta be held accountable. And that's exactly what this group looks to be lacking. Accountability. Forget about talent. Let's get the bloody fundamentals right first. Then we can start talking about talent.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Lennylegs wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 12:27pm
Yorkeys wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 12:11pm Ok. Look at the Cats back six. Look at our fwd line. Tell me honestly you really think anyone could coach us to more than 10 goals.
We beat Geelong earlier in the year. No reason we couldn't put in at least an admirable performance last night when one of their most important players (Blicavs) and two of their senior leaders were on the sidelines.

Saying it just comes down to talent is a cop out. Just more excuse making. And I'm not even talking about winning the bloody game. I'm talking about putting in a performance that deserves at least a morsel of respect.

Granted, we've got plenty of plodders on our list. But I'm not copping a performance like that and saying it comes down to talent. Blokes have gotta be held accountable. And that's exactly what this group looks to be lacking. Accountability. Forget about talent. Let's get the bloody fundamentals right first. Then we can start talking about talent.
Fair enough LennyL. Plenty agree with you including the guy on Saints TV who knows his stuff. I look at Sandringham and just don't see emerging forwards or mids but, so no selection pressure on Higgins et al for Ratts to work with; and I think Ratts has not been given a squad that have enough class/mental strength, or a good forwards coach. Not suggesting he is an excellent coach but not sure he has the cattle to tell, done ok with what he has is my grading for the little its worth. Appreciate your views, thanks.

Lennylegs
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 3:25pm
Lennylegs wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 12:27pm

Fair enough LennyL. Plenty agree with you including the guy on Saints TV who knows his stuff. I look at Sandringham and just don't see emerging forwards or mids but, so no selection pressure on Higgins et al for Ratts to work with; and I think Ratts has not been given a squad that have enough class/mental strength, or a good forwards coach. Not suggesting he is an excellent coach but not sure he has the cattle to tell, done ok with what he has is my grading for the little its worth. Appreciate your views, thanks.
Nah, that's fair. It's all of the above at the moment. Which is really hard to accept. Didn't mean to come across aggressive. I'm just really angry with this group. Too many blokes wanna get their names in lights without bothering to do the team things. I've had a gut full. As we all have.

Cheers for the discussion and understanding.