Hanneberry done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Hanneberry done

He was done from the word go.
What else is new?

Templar
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 6:30pm Lethers should use is immeasurable influence at Town Hall to secure a rule dispensation that allows Hanners to have a runner on the field a bit like in cricket. As we know his voice and on field leadership is critically important to our finals chances in 2023 and I feel he doesn't really need to touch the ball just as long as he can get out onto the ground to have an impact.
They could use the Hamill Melbourne Elimination Final clause.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

If Hanners practises ventriloquism, he could project his voice from the sidelines and thus continue to provide that valuable on field leadership for us.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 6:47pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 6:30pm Lethers should use is immeasurable influence at Town Hall to secure a rule dispensation that allows Hanners to have a runner on the field a bit like in cricket. As we know his voice and on field leadership is critically important to our finals chances in 2023 and I feel he doesn't really need to touch the ball just as long as he can get out onto the ground to have an impact.
This is the type of out of the box thinking the club should latch onto, or is it blue sky thinking?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 7:27pm
Templar wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 6:47pm

This is the type of out of the box thinking the club should latch onto, or is it blue sky thinking?
I think we should be allowed to have Hannas sit up on one of those tennis umpire/beach life guard like tower things on a wing and the runners could be attached by leache set to just 30 meters- should be a reasonable restriction commensurate with Hannas running capacity. He should also be able to wave a staff around - similar to a German officer.

On Big Footy a poster uses a hilarious picture for his stamp (what do you call the lil pic you have next to your name) It shows JB giving Hannas a shoulder ride and Hannas squinting in discomfort ..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Killa
Club Player

Was influential until caught under a head first collision coming off the centre square after a centre bounce in the third quarter - and injuring his ankle going to ground under bodies

The strain is reported as minor and he will hopefully be fit for this week because we need his class

A class footballer whose commitment to play has been exemplary thru tough times for him

No doubt all the knockers also knocked McCartin, Hickey (preferring Longer!!!!) and Acres

All vital players at sides well in contention in 2022

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Killa wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 8:19pm Was influential until caught under a head first collision coming off the centre square after a centre bounce in the third quarter - and injuring his ankle going to ground under bodies

The strain is reported as minor and he will hopefully be fit for this week because we need his class

A class footballer whose commitment to play has been exemplary thru tough times for him

No doubt all the knockers also knocked McCartin, Hickey (preferring Longer!!!!) and Acres

Which one of his 4 kicks did you find so influential in the first 3 quarters?
Maybe it was his 7 hand balls or perhaps his solitary tackle?

Perhaps it was his leadership and voice and how we structure better when he's out there.

If Hannebery was influential, I think some people are easily pleased!

I was born in '62, went to losing GF in 71, 97, 2009, 2010 (D), 2010 and never wavered during the 2 -4 win seasons in the 80's.
No matter how bad we go I have never thrown in the towel, always spent my money & gone to matches, regardless of where I lived interstate or abroad at that point in time.

I would never stop supporting the Saints, but if they re-sign Hannebery I think I will seriously consider keeping my cash in my pocket next season in protest. F#ck them if they double down on this recruiting disaster.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 9:26pm
I would never stop supporting the Saints, but if they re-sign Hannebery I think I will seriously consider keeping my cash in my pocket next season in protest. F#ck them if they double down on this recruiting disaster.
I already reached this stage when they re-appointed Ratten.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Killa wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 8:19pm Was influential until caught under a head first collision coming off the centre square after a centre bounce in the third quarter - and injuring his ankle going to ground under bodies

IMO he had very little impact on the game but he wasn't alone

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The young man ( anyone under 60 is young to me) must be feeling dreadful. Chronic injury, or being prone to chronic injury, is a terrible curse. The mental anguish he must be suffering is immense. Hopefully, so many of the ignorant comments here will never reach him. I wish the young man well. No-one sets out on this path.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

perfectionist wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 10:21pm The young man ( anyone under 60 is young to me) must be feeling dreadful. Chronic injury, or being prone to chronic injury, is a terrible curse. The mental anguish he must be suffering is immense. Hopefully, so many of the ignorant comments here will never reach him. I wish the young man well. No-one sets out on this path.
Yeah your right & I don't & have never said I blame Hanners for his current situation it's squarely on the heads of the incompetent recruitment department . They knew he was cooked but for some reason offered him a 5 year deal on massive coin dumb dumb & just fu--ing dumb

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 10:21pm The young man ( anyone under 60 is young to me) must be feeling dreadful. Chronic injury, or being prone to chronic injury, is a terrible curse. The mental anguish he must be suffering is immense. Hopefully, so many of the ignorant comments here will never reach him. I wish the young man well. No-one sets out on this path.
No-one's having a crack at him personally. And don't know how dreadful he's feeling. What is it? 800k p.a for four years and whatever he was on at Sydney. Sure he'll be quite well set up. Lethlean and the recruiting dept........as others have said.....just f***** dumb

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Simon L came from the AFL Secretariat which has a budget equal to god's. Money not really an object. Probably still hasn't had to prepare a budget for the footy department or club as a whole (CFO's job?). How else can such a huge long term no escape contract and that of Brad Hill's be explained other than insensitivity to economy.
Trouble is even though you (read Club) can finance them there are significant opportunity and relativity costs.
SL would surely prefer Hanners off the premises as soon as possible wouldn't he, out of sight while he makes a reputation as a CEO? Let's move on.
Might like Brad to perform like a $900k player as well. Seems about half a mill short this season. Good player but over valued by SL.

Killa
Club Player

There are a number on here who obviously need psychiatric help

IF you are an AFL footballer in the modern era you are committed to the Club and performance because that is your employment

So that differs from some years back when you also had a job - and even had to miss games because of employment

Apart from being an AFL footballer in the modern era, the footy is something you attend with your family and your friends - even if they support the opposing side

It is a social event - akin to other social events in one’s life

So you more enjoy the company of those you attend with

In terms of results and results impacting your being, well, as across life you sometimes win and you sometimes lose

What you do do is focus on the important things in life - the things you can impact on in terms of outcomes

Standing outside the pickets at an Oval watching a football match (or any other sport for that matter) can not and never will influence the result

There are some sad individuals on this site who, apart from habituating such a site, obviously have limited social intercourse skills

Hence obsessed evidenced by their contributions to this site (and no doubt others)

And in regard football today, there is a responsibility running the wings and being accountable - even when play is on the other side of the ground

Because such defensive running and accountability impacts sides switching looking for a loose player in space, able to deliver absent pressure

It is not always about possessions - or kicking 2 goals a game

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Tue 09 Aug 2022 12:13am There are a number on here who obviously need psychiatric help

IF you are an AFL footballer in the modern era you are committed to the Club and performance because that is your employment

So that differs from some years back when you also had a job - and even had to miss games because of employment

Apart from being an AFL footballer in the modern era, the footy is something you attend with your family and your friends - even if they support the opposing side

In terms of results and results impacting your being, well, as across life you sometimes win and you sometimes lose

What you do do is focus on the important things in life - the things you can impact on in terms of outcomes

Standing outside the pickets at an Oval watching a football match (or any other sport for that matter) can not and never will influence the result

There are some sad individuals on this site who, apart from habituating such a site, obviously have limited social intercourse skills

Hence obsessed evidenced by their contributions to this site (and no doubt others)

And in regard football today, there is a responsibility running the wings and being accountable - even when play is on the other side of the ground

Because such defensive running and accountability impacts sides switching looking for a loose player in space, able to deliver absent pressure

Thanks Siggy :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The Hannebery deal is the AFL version of the New York Mets paying Bobby Bonilla $1.2m a year for 20 years not to play.

It’s a disgrace and that 🍑🤡 Lethlean should be sacked immediately for it and ridiculed forever.

Got a job at St Kilda provided by the AFL to hide him.
Helped out an Old Xav who everyone knew was cooked.

The guy is a mong and is better off going back to to what he was good at (not football) if you get the drift

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Tue 09 Aug 2022 12:53am
Killa wrote: Tue 09 Aug 2022 12:13am There are a number on here who obviously need psychiatric help

Thanks Siggy :lol:
Yes, accept I need help.
Don't get the players are employees point in context of this thread.
Seems you move in better connected circles than me. I guess you don't take public transport from an outer suburb and suffer all that brings on cold nights; my seats are in a wind tunnel and fans nearby unpleasant. So if we are not playing well or in a committed fashion it's a long trip home in discomfort.To pay good money for that experience underlines your point about needing help.
Crowds can influence results and performance.
Don't get the context of the defensive running comment, seems self evident although running hard away from play all the time and not getting touches seems a tad pointless exercise.
For me this forum is therapeutic and I find all comments interesting. But you are right, need to get out more. Damn the Melbourne winters. And those messing up the club I follow.

repta
Club Player

No. A runner is too complicated.

All he needs is one of those orange 'rent by hour' scooters to get around the field.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

He's not dead yet.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Tue 09 Aug 2022 12:13am

There are a number on here who obviously need psychiatric help

Add your name to the list if you need psychiatric help. I'll go first:

1. Cairnsman/Highettman/Secret Keil/Vortex.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

repta wrote: Tue 09 Aug 2022 9:00am
No. A runner is too complicated.

All he needs is one of those orange 'rent by hour' scooters to get around the field.
Trye selection would be critically important on game day. I'd want a garage on the side of the interchange bench so if it starts raining I could pit stop and change over to wet weather tyres mid game.

For incorrect tyre selection could have more dire consequences than a severe grade soft tissue disability.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I do not think there is anything wrong with trying to laugh and see the funny side of the disaster of what not only is the Hannas situation, but the whole scenario context of which the decision was made in, the set-up of the club, the AFL, the managers.

Some of you acting indignant and outraged, I have to wonder if you really are that sensitive. I watched people on here eat each other's hearts out here. They attempt to personalize and attack posters, referencing their personal circumstances etc. And the faux shock is very surprising, as if you have not been around footy fandom and footy culture.

Why we have to repeat this? Just in case some are on the fence.

No one personally disrespects HAnnas, and it has been said multiple times that for what he has achieved, and his manager, cudos...Oh but here they come again...'you, you , yoiu! ...

I think you are just spoiling for as fight and looking to attack posters just so you can move your own bones in the name and fairness.

If Hannas, whom I suspect has skin thicker than a Rhino, is personally offended and damaged by reading these posts having a laugh at St Klda's ongoing hopeless situation with him, I would be surprised,m but it wouldn't change my view of the posters trying to bring us down...These posters don't care about the human soul like they portend..guardians my ass.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Are they fair dinkum when they, the press, say Hannebery could be available to run around and get hurt against Brisbane.

He must be trying to reach his trigger for next year.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

i have to admit i had a bit of a chuckle when I found out he wasnt playing fri night.
Just cant believe our luck

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

They hinted he was going to be rested anyway, because of the six day break. Funny times from a funny Club.