Match Thread Saints v Cats Round 21 2022

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Cats Round 21 2022

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 06 Aug 2022 11:40pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 06 Aug 2022 11:24pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 06 Aug 2022 11:13pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 06 Aug 2022 11:07pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 06 Aug 2022 10:30pm Crouch has had a shocker.

His had a bad few months actually
Same with Seb tonight. I betcha people will look at the stat sheet at the end of the night and give them votes

They don’t deserve it. They are ineffectual. They need to be replaced ( or at least one of them) if we are going to improve

They run around, they try, they handball in tight to a team mate when they should be running and gunning and getting quick ball movement.
In fairness… we’re not exactly flushed with options.

Personally I’d give Crouch points for effort
I’d give the list manager and recruiters zero for bringing him in.

We had Dunstan who is basically the same type of inside mid. Crouch is more consistent and maybe a slight upgrade, but why??

Why make the change for next to zero difference.
That is a massive load of shite. Crouch is a miles better upgrade on Dunstan. Miles better. Crouch won a B & F in a team that was favourite for and leading in a Grand Final.

Comparatively, that would mean Dunstan is about to win a B & F this year at Melbourne (except he can barely get a game).

Crouch was also a free hit FA who cost zero draft capital.

I’d argue our recruiters have barely bought in any one better from another club than Crouch in recent times.
If Crouch is the best recruit we've brought in maybe that's why we are middle of the road and we are miles away from challenging for a premiership

Crouch didn't win his medal in 2017 when they were challenging. Brad won a B&F in a team that was on the decline in 2019.
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 07 Aug 2022 1:08am, edited 1 time in total.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 1:03am

Same with Seb tonight. I betcha people will look at the stat sheet at the end of the night and give them votes

They don’t deserve it. They are ineffectual. They need to be replaced ( or at least one of them) if we are going to improve

They run around, they try, they handball in tight to a team mate when they should be running and gunning and getting quick ball movement.

We had Dunstan who is basically the same type of inside mid. Crouch is more consistent and maybe a slight upgrade, but why??

That is a massive load of shite. Crouch is a miles better upgrade on Dunstan. Miles better. Crouch won a B & F in a team that was favourite for and leading in a Grand Final.

Comparatively, that would mean Dunstan is about to win a B & F this year at Melbourne (except he can barely get a game).

I’d argue our recruiters have barely bought in any one better from another club than Crouch in recent times.
If Crouch is the best recruit we've brought in maybe that's why we are middle of the road and we are miles away from challenging for a premiership

So what if he won a B&F in a team that was on the decline. Jack Steven won 4 of them
Yes, but compare him to Hill, Jones, Hannabery and Kent!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

He is one of our best players in our current team. He has won a B&F and he is better than Hill Jones, Hannabery and Kent. Yes...I agree

We have a team that lacks star quality and some of our best players are still juniors

We have a team that has 1 current All Australian from the last five years.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 1:10am He is one of our best players in our current team. He has won a B&F and he is better than Hill Jones, Hannabery and Kent. Yes...I agree

We have a team that lacks star quality and some of our best players are still juniors

We have a team that has 1 current All Australian from the last five years.
I would say Crouch is a 5.5/10 recruit.
It is a win...Just

I would say Hill is better, not by much, but better..and this 'aint gonna get better. Hill may be in Sandy colours in 2024., but skill wise he is top 15. He was left on his own several times tonight. He is not communicating IMP
Jones is also a 5.5/10..but will decline faster unless we find a possie for him as a small forward
Crouch is a diesel trooper..5/10
His brother might offer more zip..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saintkid
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 1:06am
Scollop wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022 1:03am

So what if he won a B&F in a team that was on the decline. Jack Steven won 4 of them
Yes, but compare him to Hill, Jones, Hannabery and Kent!
Spot on and we still paid overs for him too.

Lethlean decided to stupidly flash the club's cheque book to buy players not worth the coin, instead of focusing hard to find good, young, new talent and developing them, like Collingwood and others have done.
We have two good ones now in Windhager and Owens but we should have had a number of others by this stage.

This fool and Pelchen have damaged the club even more than most realize but I blame our administration for appointing them, as most of them, in reality, have NFI.

Look at our 'Rising Star' nominations compared to other clubs. We are the worst of all and reflects on where the club is at for the last decade.
Do I need to say more?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Comparing apples to apples, Dunstan had a better season than Crouch last year, FWIW

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.