And so it begins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: And so it begins

sunsaint wrote: Wed 10 Aug 2022 5:34pm honestly why do we want to play finals?
Finals are a step up again & we cant threaten teams now -so where is sudden turn of ability come from ?

EVERYONE bangs on about the draw but again when you are playing for the top eight - no team should be a danger side - isnt the idea you can beat them all anywhere regardless of ground?
Finally, someone gets it, Thanks sunsaints.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ace
Saintsational Legend

All that is required is a new herd of top class cattle.
That requires an elite recruitment department not an also tried department.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 8:51pm Rath is the controlling figure there that seemingly renders other input from other coaches useless
Alistair Clarkson apparently wants Rath on his team for next year so he might be gone.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Wed 10 Aug 2022 10:58pm
Finals are a step up again & we cant threaten teams now -so where is sudden turn of ability come from ?

EVERYONE bangs on about the draw but again when you are playing for the top eight - no team should be a danger side - isnt the idea you can beat them all anywhere regardless of ground?
Why have top 8 then .... just have a top 4 because the rest are making up the numbers ..... in fact there are 7 teams in the finals making up the numbers ...... may as well just get rid of them altogether

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Freebird
Club Player

Unless you are the doggies who have the umps on their side

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Isn’t it funny

Rath - a genius at Hawthorn yet at StK he is a problem

Go figure?!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 8:51pm Whether you like him or not this is a tweet from Grant Thomas- where there’s smoke there’s fire I reckon. He quotes

Rath is the controlling figure there that seemingly renders other input from other coaches useless
Tony, there's a theory that you actually work at the club.

But...quoting Grant Thomas in this way, is confusing- how can you quote him as a source when he doesn't have your inside knowledge?

Were we wrong to think you're at the club, when now it's clearly evident that you're just one of us?
Another outsider?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 2:19am
tony74 wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 8:51pm Whether you like him or not this is a tweet from Grant Thomas- where there’s smoke there’s fire I reckon. He quotes

Rath is the controlling figure there that seemingly renders other input from other coaches useless

But...quoting Grant Thomas in this way, is confusing- how can you quote him as a source when he doesn't have your inside knowledge?

Were we wrong to think you're at the club, when now it's clearly evident that you're just one of us?
Another outsider?
There is inside knowledge and then there is inside inside knowledge

My guess is that Tony is in the former category ..... on the fringes rather than deep

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 2:49am

Another outsider?
There is inside knowledge and then there is inside inside knowledge

My guess is that Tony is in the former category ..... on the fringes rather than deep
Could also be a clever way to give inside info without fingering yourself as the source.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Another outsider?
Finally. A really good expression of free thought.

I just laugh at how posters in this site trip over themselves to swallow everything this T74 character blurts like he's some evangelical preacher deep inside the club.

Yorkeys is your perfect example of the disciple and not only repeats T74s claims to promote them as truth but adds a fair amount of his own GST in the interpretation. And then you get the pelicana who swallow Yorkeys derived conspiracy theories. And so on it goes as the ramblings snowball.

Don't get me wrong, it's this type of banter that keeps me coming back to SA. Places like this on the internet are pure entertainment.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 8:46am

Another outsider?

I just laugh at how posters in this site trip over themselves to swallow everything this T74 character blurts like he's some evangelical preacher deep inside the club.

Yorkeys is your perfect example of the disciple and not only repeats T74s claims to promote them as truth but adds a fair amount of his own GST in the interpretation. And then you get the pelicana who swallow Yorkeys derived conspiracy theories. And so on it goes as the ramblings snowball.

Don't get me wrong, it's this type of banter that keeps me coming back to SA. Places like this on the internet are pure entertainment.
You are SOOOO superior to the rest of us with your wisdom and casual put downs. I think I speak for everyone when I say we are so grateful to have you venture on here and share your wisdom.

I think I recall at the time of Ratten's re signing you were one of the main happy clappers that this re-signing brought stability to our club.

T74's post as I read it, is that Tony himself has formed an opinion that Rath isn't healthy for the environment at the club. GT'S tweet merely backs up his opinion which has likely been formed independently. Not that hard to figure out.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 11:18am

Another outsider?

You are SOOOO superior to the rest of us with your wisdom and casual put downs. I think I speak for everyone when I say we are so grateful to have you venture on here and share your wisdom.

I think I recall at the time of Ratten's re signing you were one of the main happy clappers that this re-signing brought stability to our club.

T74's post as I read it, is that Tony himself has formed an opinion that Rath isn't healthy for the environment at the club. GT'S tweet merely backs up his opinion which has likely been formed independently. Not that hard to figure out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Another outsider?

Anthony74 said
'Where there's smoke, there's fire' re Thomo's tweer.
He's implying that Thomo is a reliable source although Thomo is a millionaire businessman who tweets like Trump about the club 'as a pure outsider'.

Tony74 wants us to think he's at the coalface yet he's elevated Thomo above him? An outsider?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Exactly. T74 has posted in the past on Rath, which has not been glowing.

Personally my opinion too is that Rath is bad for us, and that Rath is the keying driver for our current gameplan. And that he is too stubborn to realise that it is 1/ not working and 2/ that other clubs counter its aspects easily.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Fancy GT advising the Saints to Beware the plans of Rath.

Let's see what Simon says.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Saints58
Club Player

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 3:12pm
tony74 wrote: Mon 08 Aug 2022 8:51pm Rath is the controlling figure there that seemingly renders other input from other coaches useless
Alistair Clarkson apparently wants Rath on his team for next year so he might be gone.

Good He is the one that refused Loyed permission to work with King free of charge good riddens.

Templar
Club Player

Beware the Grapes of Rath.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

From Stavro BF usually reasonably reliable. IF true tells you plenty ….coaches think they’re doing wonderful
King doesn’t need any additional goal kicking help cause “we got it covered”…..
Delusional
Tigers arse holes Lade went on to win 3 flags
He’s a dud and if Brett backs what’s that tell you about Brett???

********€********
There was a few coterie members tonight telling anyone who would listen about their dinner with Lade during the week.

According to Lade

“the issue isn’t coaching, it isn’t training and it isn’t tactics.

The reason we have slumped is all on the players. They are the ones who need to lift.“

“Yeah….nah””
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Devilhead wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 3:42pm

Why have top 8 then .... just have a top 4 because the rest are making up the numbers ..... in fact there are 7 teams in the finals making up the numbers ...... may as well just get rid of them altogether
I was never making a point about the top eight - so dont bring in a detour argument
All I said was we werent good enough to play finals.

Seeya
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Mon 15 Aug 2022 3:58pm
Devilhead wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 3:42pm

I was never making a point about the top eight - so dont bring in a detour argument
All I said was we werent good enough to play finals.
We could have easily played Finals if a few things had gone our way .... BUT yes this year we weren't good enough to take advantage or build on our great 1st half of the season

Hopefully we take experience from it and learn