If the Saints do “this” ….Then

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If the Saints do “this” ….Then

Sorry guys I just wanted to start an inane thread with a leading question as it’s title

Seems to be in vogue atm.

So here you can add an equally inane and obvious response.

Go Saints

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: If the Saints do “this” ….Then

Can you use 4 stroke fuel in a 2 stoke mower just for one mow if you can't be stuffed using going to get the proper fuel?

Or should I pay the kid across the road to use his Dads mower?

Discuss.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If Saints drop out of the 8:
then only fate can get us back in - and why would fate bother to be so perverse; and
then the next carefully crafted letter from the President will advise a major review of all theme/special occasion events/prostituting our fixtures to FNQ. They may be just bundled under a general banner of Saints, the virtuous club, no cause left behind, please give; or they will be sprung as a surprise on the players after the game so there is no time to choke, which might mean locking them up for the week before under the guise of bonding.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 10:44am If Saints drop out of the 8:
then only fate can get us back in - and why would fate bother to be so perverse; and
then the next carefully crafted letter from the President will advise a major review of all theme/special occasion events/prostituting our fixtures to FNQ. They may be just bundled under a general banner of Saints, the virtuous club, no cause left behind, please give; or they will be sprung as a surprise on the players after the game so there is no time to choke, which might mean locking them up for the week before under the guise of bonding.
So four stroke is safe to use?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'm finding it interesting that many posters on both SS and Big Footy seem more or less to have given up on the game tonight and even the season. And this is in spite of the fact that many of them have seen their wishes come true in the selection of messiah Sharman and the omission - for whatever reason - of the much-maligned Hill.

Perhaps, beneath the superficial bluster, there is actually a general understanding that Hill is an essential player and Sharman is actually pretty mediocre.

I guess the presence of both Butler and Billings in the team is like a red rag to a bull for some. Thank goodness Kent didn't get a call up!

If we lose tonight, I think I'll probably stay away from SS for a while: there will be too much dumping on Ratten and some of the senior players for my liking. The one thing I'm positive about is that I believe the people who run our club at the moment aren't stupid enough to think that the solution is to throw all the toys out of the cot, sack everyone and start again.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 12:22pm I'm finding it interesting that many posters on both SS and Big Footy seem more or less to have given up on the game tonight and even the season. And this is in spite of the fact that many of them have seen their wishes come true in the selection of messiah Sharman and the omission - for whatever reason - of the much-maligned Hill.

Perhaps, beneath the superficial bluster, there is actually a general understanding that Hill is an essential player and Sharman is actually pretty mediocre.

I guess the presence of both Butler and Billings in the team is like a red rag to a bull for some. Thank goodness Kent didn't get a call up!

If we lose tonight, I think I'll probably stay away from SS for a while: there will be too much dumping on Ratten and some of the senior players for my liking. The one thing I'm positive about is that I believe the people who run our club at the moment aren't stupid enough to think that the solution is to throw all the toys out of the cot, sack everyone and start again.
I was fishing for the inane comments that one is a fail

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 12:22pm I'm finding it interesting that many posters on both SS and Big Footy seem more or less to have given up on the game tonight and even the season. And this is in spite of the fact that many of them have seen their wishes come true in the selection of messiah Sharman and the omission - for whatever reason - of the much-maligned Hill.

The phenomenon you describe is one of the attributes of the footy forums I'm most attracted to. The way the internet coalesces group think in humans is fascinating. I suppose that's why the internet and social media is a wet dream for governments all over the globe.

But without question, the most fascinating sub plot of today's game is Sharman. If he kicks a clutch goal and we win then I think our odds for this year's flag will go through the roof. You know it makes sense.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Where is Ernie when you need him ?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 10:35am Can you use 4 stroke fuel in a 2 stoke mower just for one mow if you can't be stuffed using going to get the proper fuel?

Discuss.
Yes you can use 4 stroke fuel in a 2 stroke mower - just use 1/2 of it

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 1:20pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 10:35am Can you use 4 stroke fuel in a 2 stoke mower just for one mow if you can't be stuffed using going to get the proper fuel?

Discuss.
😂😂😂

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Discuss.
You can't learn this stuff at uni.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 12:22pm

THIS.!!!

Rubyjo
Club Player

We should have a BLM game and a MEE TOO game and a Roe vs Wade game followed by a Transgender rights game then a climate change game ( should have had that one already) then a dob in an anti vaxer game just to start with.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

if the saints beat the swans then suddenly all is right again in the world. if they lose (which they will) then we'll remain the worst run club in the afl and we'll all be six foot under by the time we win a flag as the tassie saints. woe is us. or not. we'll see. carn the saints!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 2:41pm
meher baba wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 12:22pm

THIS.!!!
Unfair. There will be sober rational analysis, accepting the vagaries of injuries and the challenge of playing a 2021 finalist on it's own interstate turf. We will be philosophical, tinged with a little sadness. The caravan will move on quietly. Maybe.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 1:35pm

Discuss.
The old man liked to tinker. He was always out in shed.
In the workshop, right next to all his burnt out 2 stroke tools was a spirit still.
Now, the old fella reckoned that equal parts of ethanol and grease was a good substitute for 2 stroke all. He told the old girl he was saving money.
Long story short, there was always heaps of ethanol around, heaps of broken 2 stroke engines, not much 2 stroke oil, not much grease and the neighbours kid mowed the lawn for years.
The old man loved to tinker. He was always in the shed.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 12:31pm Where is Ernie when you need him ?
I guess the question would be Fireman: "DO you need Ernie? and WHY?"

Discuss

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

If the Saints let Sharman kick a "clutch" goal then King will kick 3.6 (that's just over 3&1/2) goals per game instead of 2.3 goals per game, then we win (see some other thread for the math).

Also IF you let me start the match thread THEN we win - simples.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 5:13pm If the Saints let Sharman kick a "clutch" goal then King will kick 3.6 (that's just over 3&1/2) goals per game instead of 2.3 goals per game, then we win (see some other thread for the math).

Also IF you let me start the match thread THEN we win - simples.
Then start the F@rking thing NOW!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Of course they’re not that stupid, but they do have form in backing the wrong horses in the administration department.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Ratten is going anywhere. They can’t back Richo in for almost 6 seasons and give Ratts the push after 3 and nor should they. Hopefully they’ve at least learned from their complete fail in contract renewals.

I guess they must have, otherwise Ratts’ contract would have been extended last year.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"If the Saints do "this"..... Then"

We should all do "That" ??????

Whatever "THAT" is? :? :? :? :?

DISCUSS

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 5:04pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 1:35pm

Discuss.
The old man liked to tinker. He was always out in shed.
In the workshop, right next to all his burnt out 2 stroke tools was a spirit still.
Now, the old fella reckoned that equal parts of ethanol and grease was a good substitute for 2 stroke all. He told the old girl he was saving money.
Long story short, there was always heaps of ethanol around, heaps of broken 2 stroke engines, not much 2 stroke oil, not much grease and the neighbours kid mowed the lawn for years.
The old man loved to tinker. He was always in the shed.
Hello son

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I think the season is pretty much cooked now.

The idea that the club’s administration know what’s best for the club is jarring; we were repeatedly told to back Scott Watters, Alan Richardson and now Brett Ratten.

We just seem happy to be involved in AFL football rather than having any ambition about staking a claim for premierships.

That’s what’s dawned on me this year. This group of players and this administration would like to be successful but they’re not willing to do whatever it takes to become successful.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I think the season is pretty much cooked now in terms of competing for a premiership. We still seem a mile away from that level and we’ll barely make the eight, if we do at all.

The idea that the club’s administration know what’s best for the club is jarring; we were repeatedly told to back Scott Watters, Alan Richardson and now Brett Ratten.

We just seem happy to be involved in AFL football rather than having any ambition about staking a claim for premierships.

This group of players and this administration would like to be successful but they’re not willing to do whatever it takes to become successful.

Talk of Ratten getting a new contract is totally out of order. He has to prove he’s worth the enormous investment and so far, he hasn’t. Wait until the end of the year.
Last edited by evertonfc on Sat 25 Jun 2022 5:46pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 5:11pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 12:31pm Where is Ernie when you need him ?
I guess the question would be Fireman: "DO you need Ernie? and WHY?"

Discuss
Invaluable inane and repetitive input. So for The purposes of this thread Emphatically yes