Goals and moments from the last quarter against Adelaide

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Goals and moments from the last quarter against Adelaide

Great to see Mason Wood and Cooper Sharman marking and getting reward for their efforts. Good to see both get on the scoreboard in the last quarter when we needed it. I think the team is really gelling together nicely and you can see it in the celebrations after each goal

Brad Crouch was our in under every where man in that last quarter. Brad set up a few goals for us ( as well as kicking one himself) and he and Gresh and Zac Jones got their hands first on that footy and they kept finding a way to move it into dangerous territory…which was usually in the hands of Brad Hill :wink:

Also, really loved DMac’s evasion skills when he manoeuvred his arm and his whole body out of the way of Crouch’s snap goal from 15m out. Speaking of evasive action, loved the side step from Ben Long and the give to Gresh who set up Maxy.

What about the Skunk? What a leader. What a fantastic timely mark and goal to put us back in front and start the barrage of goals from our talls.

The goal to Tim came straight after Jordan Dawson had put the Crows back in front (after his team mate blocked Tim Membrey from being able to contest the ball). Timmy wasn’t happy…. He went back to his forward line role and the next ball that came his way in the forward line, he takes a pack mark and outmarks the King! That was one of the best statements from the Skunk if ever I’ve seen one

Finally, that last goal of the match was a beauty and it brought the moment I loved the best. Big RoMa and his big cheesy grin. He was back taking contested marks and I reckon Rowan is ready to put in some big performances.

The competition for spots is pretty hot. Fingers crossed we have our stars fit and firing at the pointy end, and fingers crossed we can continue to show improvement.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goals and moments from the last quarter against Adelaide

I loved Sharman's goal. It's great to have a player who has a better than even chance of kicking a goal from on or just outside 50. They can get that little 15-20m pass from midfielders who can't see a long option. If the defence tries to close that option down it has to leave more space closer to goal.

Of course if they just kick it long and Max / Paddy / Roma / Timmy mark every time, that works too.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Goals and moments from the last quarter against Adelaide

It was a terrific last quarter, for sure. No luck involved, just a great spread of players taking strong marks and kicking goals from set shots.

Saint supporter since '62