Cheating it’s alive

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cheating it’s alive

The Fireman wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 11:43am It’s a conspiracy i tellya

:roll:
Nah, it's just that the maggots got good odds at 3 to 1.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 11:43am It’s a conspiracy i tellya

:roll:

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 8:48am
mad saint guy wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 1:08am If you intentionally draw high contact, you don't get a free kick. That was not the interpretation in any instance throughout this game. Absolutely pathetic
Spot on!

The smalls for the crows lead with their heads and were rewarded.
I'm not sure on the actual ruling but if you duck your head or lead with it I thought it was play on or deemed a legal tackle.

Some of the head highs were justified such as Longs run down in the centre square as he caught the guy high, but at least 4 I saw it appeared the crow play drew the free by barging in head first.
Wait til I introduce you to a little-known footballer named Joel Selwood… 😉

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sanctorum
Club Player

I don't believe at all that AFL umpires ever cheat, for a start when you have three field umpires plus a reserve that is never likely to occur. And sure, umpires quite often have off nights, no different to teams and players - that's life!

There are any number of inconsistent rulings during a game and I have no doubt that in last night's game the umpires internal review at half-time would have made them aware of the lop-sided free kick count.

At half-time Adelaide had been awarded 17 free kicks to St Kilda's 5, yet by the end of the game it was a more reasonable 31-20 - in other words in the 2nd half the free kick count was back to a more even 14-15.

Overall Adelaide for the bulk of the game were the better team, played a lot better than the Saints, and even without the favours from the umpires could have won. A massive credit to the players that they dominated the last quarter with an 8 goals to 3 final quarter!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 12:53pm I don't believe at all that AFL umpires ever cheat, for a start when you have three field umpires plus a reserve that is never likely to occur. And sure, umpires quite often have off nights, no different to teams and players - that's life!

There are any number of inconsistent rulings during a game and I have no doubt that in last night's game the umpires internal review at half-time would have made them aware of the lop-sided free kick count.

At half-time Adelaide had been awarded 17 free kicks to St Kilda's 5, yet by the end of the game it was a more reasonable 31-20 - in other words in the 2nd half the free kick count was back to a more even 14-15.

Overall Adelaide for the bulk of the game were the better team, played a lot better than the Saints, and even without the favours from the umpires could have won. A massive credit to the players that they dominated the last quarter with an 8 goals to 3 final quarter!
24 hour ban for posting a well reasoned common sense reply.
That is just not acceptable on this thread!

You need to understand all umpires hate St Kilda (insert various reasons here) and that they conspire among themselves to blatantly cheat against us, and that this cheating is sanctioned by the AFL.

This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Field umpires
- Boundary Umpires
- Goal Umpires
- Reserve and the umpires who review goal decisions.

Example: Remember the Membrey behind as an example, it cleared the Melbourne defenders hand by a clear margin.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The umpires didn't just get it wrong. They ignore changes made to the rules and went with penalising head high contact.
They know the rules and choose to ignore them. Players are initiating high contact by ducking and diving, after they do that, the high contact, should be disregarded unless it is blatantly reckless.
If you dive at a player below his knees, its prohibited contact. The player has a right to avoid that. If he uses his hand its still secondary to the dive.
If he ducks into a tackle, forward backward or sideways and causes high contact, it should be deemed he had prior opportunity and caused the high contact. Bounce or play on.
If its not cheating, its just blatant disregard for the rules to protect the head. But it protects nothing. This will be eventually settled in court but for now, the umpires are in control.

I love the saints!
Club Player

Do you ever say anything else B B Cooper?

In STKFC we trust.
I love the saints!
Club Player

And as bad as the umps were in the first half, we won and deserved to in the end! I am over the umpiring and prefer to bask in a good win now! Go saints!!

In STKFC we trust.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 12:53pm I don't believe at all that AFL umpires ever cheat
Generally agree with this but I look forward to your rational explanation for the Whispers in the Sky fiasco against Fremantle

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It’s the lack of consistency that is frustrating.

Is JB back?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 5:25pm
Sanctorum wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 12:53pm I don't believe at all that AFL umpires ever cheat
Generally agree with this but I look forward to your rational explanation for the Whispers in the Sky fiasco against Fremantle
Clear case of the maggots cheating in order to get the result they wanted, if there ever was one.

Of course they cheat, or at least some of them do, They're human aren't they?

I don't know why supporters of football want to put umpires on pedestals. It is completely unreal to expect a large group of people with all their likes, dislikes, prejudices and yes, varies degrees of competences to be all squeaky clean. Just wouldn't happen.

And most clubs suffer from time to time. Not just the saints.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 5:25pm It’s the lack of consistency that is frustrating.

Is JB back?
Yes obviously

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Sanctorum
Club Player

If you think St Kilda get a rough deal from the umpires take a look at the following article on SEN and spare a thought for Richmond supporters:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/22/ ... -round-10/

Saints are currently -14 which is not huge, but overall questions have to be asked why Western Bulldogs after 10 games are +55 and Richmond -66.

That's a matter for the AFL to examine because it defies all logical reasoning!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist