Match Thread Saints v Crows Round 10 2022

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

happy feet
Club Player

Re: Match Thread Saints v Crows Round 10 2022

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 4:59pm The Doc is still my favourite Sainter and the best player I’ve seen. He did things on a football field that nobody since has done as well.
I grew up in East Bentleigh in a St Kilda household in a St Kilda barracking street. From a young age I knew who the players were, especially The Doc, who as a little kid I called Baldy Baldock as I suppose kids are prone to do.

I guess it was about 1967 and I was with my Mum in the Bentleigh Safeway Car Park and I spotted the Doc. Much to Mum’s horror I screamed ‘look it’s Baldy Baldock’ . The great man through his head back and roared laughing came over and rubbed his hand through my hair, said hello and then went shopping.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Love Trev's passion. I too am protective of saints players and see no point in bagging them on a saints supporters' forum FFS.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 6:41pm Love Trev's passion. I too am protective of saints players and see no point in bagging them on a saints supporters' forum FFS.
I shake my head in disbelief at how they vacillate from one ‘whipping boy’ to another.

The ‘whinging whipping boy mobsters’ have forgotten about Davey Mc, who they ranted and raved about him being given an extended contract. They love Davey Mc now :lol:
They have jumped off Seb Ross’ back lately and it appears Jack Billings is now about to take over the mantle. Though a few are sniping away at Jimmy Webster & young Paton. So it might be a three way race to see who becomes our star ‘whipping boy’for a few weeks, before another player becomes their flavour of the month!!!

Maybe ”Sainter_ Dad” could not only run a poll for ‘ Saintsational Player of the Year’? Maybe, he could also run a poll for Saintsational Whipping Boy Player of the Year’? Just a thought :P :P :P

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 8:14pm Maybe ”Sainter_ Dad” could not only run a poll for ‘ Saintsational Player of the Year’? Maybe, he could also run a poll for Saintsational Whipping Boy Player of the Year’? Just a thought :P :P :P
Oh Loris - no-one would admit to seeing a player as a whipping boy

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Our last four goals in the last 6 minutes were marks to each of the four talls about 30 metres out on slight angles. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 9:18pm Our last four goals in the last 6 minutes were marks to each of the four talls about 30 metres out on slight angles. I don't think I have ever seen that before.
8 goals in the 4th were ....well....perfection. :wink:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

In recent history, there has been reason to play players in the first 22, hoping they will find form. Team structure and lack of replacements, come to mind.
Currently there are no such reasons. Whipping boys are usually blamed with the result of a loss.
Billings has played in 2 wins, he has kicked 1 goal and directly assisted another. If he is getting a free pass to find form, then so be it. But his kicking and decision making has been atrocious and it's supposed to be his strength. He does very little defensively and his player ratings are marred by costly rebounds and missed shots at goal at critical times. Times when experienced players should be burying the opposition, in this case it was Geelong. Then Paddy Ryder steps in and does what is expected.
One more week for me. Then an unfortunate bye, which he doesn't need, so a game at Sandy will actually help.
If he gets 20 possesions, 3 goals and 70% effeciency next week, then I'm wrong. But I'm not whipping him, I'm critical because he has been below average, obviously didn't recover from a big, but disappointing, effort last week and really needs to get his best game happening or get pushed aside.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 10:13pm In recent history, there has been reason to play players in the first 22, hoping they will find form. Team structure and lack of replacements, come to mind.
Currently there are no such reasons. Whipping boys are usually blamed with the result of a loss.
Billings has played in 2 wins, he has kicked 1 goal and directly assisted another. If he is getting a free pass to find form, then so be it. But his kicking and decision making has been atrocious and it's supposed to be his strength. He does very little defensively and his player ratings are marred by costly rebounds and missed shots at goal at critical times. Times when experienced players should be burying the opposition, in this case it was Geelong. Then Paddy Ryder steps in and does what is expected.
One more week for me. Then an unfortunate bye, which he doesn't need, so a game at Sandy will actually help.
If he gets 20 possesions, 3 goals and 70% effeciency next week, then I'm wrong. But I'm not whipping him, I'm critical because he has been below average, obviously didn't recover from a big, but disappointing, effort last week and really needs to get his best game happening or get pushed aside.
Hallelujah!
All this “let’s not be critical of the organisation that is the St Kilda FC” was making me sick
Fair dinkum
This club has under delivered forever and supporters have no right to demand effort and excellence in the pursuit of our second only flag in 100 years cause it’s “not nice to the boys??”
Sorry
What about all of those die hard Saints fans who’ve gone before us and NEVER seen their club on that Sat in September hold the cup up? Those same diehards who put their money, heart and time into sticking fat with a club that’s been the laughing stock of the league since it started????
I have no issue whatsoever in calling out a dud performance - even if it’s just on “fan forum” cause if we can’t even do that when this club lets us down time and again why bother??? I mean ….just accept what comes our way and don’t demand anything better???
Bullshyte.
Oh by the way - EQUALLY I reserve the right to cheer and applaud those that put their head over the ball to win a game for our club when many others won’t - the Hayes’s, Riewoldt, Harvey’s, Steele etc cause these types bring effort every time they take the field and as supporters, paid up members we have the right to expect nothing less.

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 22 May 2022 6:41pm Love Trev's passion. I too am protective of saints players and see no point in bagging them on a saints supporters' forum FFS.
Perfect example is check out the posts up to half time in the Geelong game. The baggers were out in full force

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 23 May 2022 9:58am
Perfect example is check out the posts up to half time in the Geelong game. The baggers were out in full force
Not surprised. Some posters need to keep their powder dry...meaning their mouths shut.