Team v Crows

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Crows

If Windy starts in the middle, I'll be surprised.
I can actually see Marcus doing well on the half forward line and running through the middle. We need mid/forwards developed.
Id like to see a rotatimg tagging role for Paton, Windy and Towball at stoppages, so Sinclair can still drive rebound from defence and Ross, Crouch and Gresh can continue to focus on their current roles.
We have the outside run and skill to take this game away from Adelaide and build % but we must get first use.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We just have to play four quarters,
Our team which played them last season is radically different to the one who plays tonight.
And their team is a very inexperienced outfit. We will look like a team on steroids compared to theirs.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

adeliade are garbage - played their season already. we should thrash them soundly or at least win easing up if we harbour any true finals aspirations.
hence i'm worried.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sat 21 May 2022 1:03pm adeliade are garbage - played their season already. we should thrash them soundly or at least win easing up if we harbour any true finals aspirations.
hence i'm worried.
I'm not.
Last year in Cairns stung the club badly. They will be ready and prepared this time. Our second halves this season have been far better than in 2020-21 as well.
We are playing better generally too,

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 21 May 2022 12:06pm If Windy starts in the middle, I'll be surprised.
I can actually see Marcus doing well on the half forward line and running through the middle. We need mid/forwards developed.
Id like to see a rotatimg tagging role for Paton, Windy and Towball at stoppages, so Sinclair can still drive rebound from defence and Ross, Crouch and Gresh can continue to focus on their current roles.
We have the outside run and skill to take this game away from Adelaide and build % but we must get first use.
100% agree CQ. That mid/fwd development you mentioned is why I'm keen to see Owens get another shot. He seems to play role very well in Sandy colours.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 9:41pm The selectors have lost the plot IMHFO. Too many inexperienced players in the team FFS!!!
17 St Kilda players have played over 50 games.

Only 8 Crows players have notched up 50.

Not to mention that the Crows have gone very short on a night which is going to reach 20 degrees and be dry.

The Adelaide team which beat us last year is vastly different in terms of personnel to the one we are playing tonight. As is ours. We would have beaten them in Cairns if Sharman had played anyway. We have ten changes, they have nine.

2019-2021 we use used to fade out of games and give up leads in the second half of games; we don't do that in 2022.

I think we will beat them over there comfortably like we did in 2020.

I hope we hang up news clippings in the change rooms of the Crows' team response to the Mackay hit on Clark which broke his jaw and inspired the team.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 21 May 2022 1:26pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 21 May 2022 12:06pm If Windy starts in the middle, I'll be surprised.
100% agree CQ. That mid/fwd development you mentioned is why I'm keen to see Owens get another shot. He seems to play role very well in Sandy colours.
Absolutely Ghost. Owens is going to be special. If Windy, Owens and Byrnes can start kicking goals, it puts pressure on Higgins, Butler and Kent and gives us courage to swoop on another free pick (or two) from the mid season draft, knowing we we can keep them and off load Kent and Campbell and retire Hanners and Geary and pull off a big trade.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Byrnes is the Sub.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?