Hanners off to Bayern Munich ⚽️

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hanners off to Bayern Munich ⚽️

Okay guys. Political and current affairs debates don’t belong in the footy forum. Please start a thread in the General Forum if you want to discuss Covid, Vaccines, Politics, War et al……. Thanks.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 7:31pm WOW...Can of worms opened, red ones, blue ones, some appear independent. Please return to original cans once located.
Independent worms are the ones you need to watch closely, all those coloured ones are easily spotted and taken care of.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 12:43am
bangaulegend wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 9:53pm
Killa wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 8:42pm We should all wish him the best - he is doing everything he possibly can

Sometimes s*** happens

Look at McCartin, now a first choice at Sydney

Where there is life there is hope

I know that first hand, missing all but 2 years, returning for finals and a premiership then playing another 4 years including 2 more premierships

At no stage did I cop negatively

The only interest was in my progress - and that I thought I could get back

And so it happened

So give Hannebery a break, he is doing everything he can and he has the support of the Club without exception
Yeah you are right with s*** happens & it does but when you have detailed evidence that his body was literally stuffed but we still continued down the path to recruit him pay this him mega bucks for what 13 games in 4 years . Get real Killa even if he plays a full season next year which I very much doubt it's a massive fail & heads should have rolled over the signing. I don't know what level you played at but good on you for getting back on the park but AFL level is a bit different IMO anyway
I'm with Killa.
Isn't it just possible that the guy is actually desperate to play footy? Like Paddy McCartin appears to be.
I find this barrage of cynical, snide, jaundiced hate-mail for Hanners utterly dispiriting. He's a Saint's player, he wanted to play for us -- give him the honour of a little slack. (And I'm not even a major fan of his.)
Do any of you actually know him? Do you know that he really is the conniving self-seeking money-grubbing person you make him out to be?
You're all saying he's sucking the club dry in a vain attempt to get his contract extended. How do you know he's not just doing anything he can to play footy again, and rejoin his team mates, and repay the club for its faith in him?
If you're resolutely assuming the worst -- think about the picture of the world you're building around yourself. If that's the world as you choose to see it, that's the world you end up interacting with. Must be very disheartening for you, and dangerous.
Excellent post mate. Rates with your best ever. :wink:
Last edited by saynta on Thu 19 May 2022 12:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

So is his trip self funded? Does anybody know?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Good luck to Hanners with his overseas jaunt, even if he comes back and plays the last 2 or 3 games he should not be offered a new contract, IMHO.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 7:55pm
Killa wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 8:42pm We should all wish him the best - he is doing everything he possibly can

Sometimes s*** happens

I know that first hand, missing all but 2 years, returning for finals and a premiership then playing another 4 years including 2 more premierships

And so it happened

So give Hannebery a break, he is doing everything he can and he has the support of the Club without exception
Yeah you are right with s*** happens & it does but when you have detailed evidence that his body was literally stuffed but we still continued down the path to recruit him pay this him mega bucks for what 13 games in 4 years . Get real Killa even if he plays a full season next year which I very much doubt it's a massive fail & heads should have rolled over the signing. I don't know what level you played at but good on you for getting back on the park but AFL level is a bit different IMO anyway
I'm with Killa.
Isn't it just possible that the guy is actually desperate to play footy? Like Paddy McCartin appears to be.
I find this barrage of cynical, snide, jaundiced hate-mail for Hanners utterly dispiriting. He's a Saint's player, he wanted to play for us -- give him the honour of a little slack. (And I'm not even a major fan of his.)
Do any of you actually know him? Do you know that he really is the conniving self-seeking money-grubbing person you make him out to be?
You're all saying he's sucking the club dry in a vain attempt to get his contract extended. How do you know he's not just doing anything he can to play footy again, and rejoin his team mates, and repay the club for its faith in him?
If you're resolutely assuming the worst -- think about the picture of the world you're building around yourself. If that's the world as you choose to see it, that's the world you end up interacting with. Must be very disheartening for you, and dangerous.
Excellent post made. Rates with your best ever. :wink:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion I'm not saying its Dan's fault I'm sure he want's to play , it is totally the clubs fault knowing what they knew before he was actually signed is nothing short of incompetence. Why do you think Sydney were so keen to off load him & actually pay to get rid of him . You can bury your head in the sand & make excuses but the bottom line it was a terrible choice & we need to move on & make the most of a bad situation :wink:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 7:55pm

Sometimes s*** happens

And so it happened

I'm with Killa.
Excellent post made. Rates with your best ever. :wink:
Mate...not made FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 6:46pm Vortex

I would suggest that those with dangerous views (your description as above and to which I am responding) are those who do not subscribe to public health and safety protocols introduced to contain the spread of a virus, a virus which has seen the WHO address the matter by declaring a Pandemic, a risk grading which remains.

Whilst you and your fellow travelers seek to make this a party political issue for the reasons you and your fellow travelers do, the simple fact is that it is not a party political issue.

The numbers which persist in Victoria, across the Nation and globally are what they are, disrupting households, disrupting workplaces, disrupting logistics and disrupting economies.

And that is before you arrive at the pressures being put on public health.

Fortunately medical science developed a vaccine which mitigates against the worst effects of the virus (organs attacked plus death).

The success of such vaccines is in the numbers vaccinated.

Simply, in these times of a Pandemic, we all have a responsibility to each other.

That responsibility, so self testing and isolating, will reduce the incidence of spread to the benefit of society as a whole.

It is because people are responsible that we are able to attend the footy (and other occasions) with some form of confidence.

Then there are types such as you, putting us all at risk.

This is my response to you once again expressing your views.

Including by personal attack - which is typical of your demographic.
You forgot to add in that Russia is a paper tiger and is getting killed in Ukraine, killa. :)

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Killa
Club Player

I will speak for myself

Perhaps, just perhaps, you could do the same St Pav

If you are capable

Because it is my opinion MOD EDIT ………POSTER SUSPENDED FOR 24 HOURS. ABUSE

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 10:17pm I will speak for myself

Perhaps, just perhaps, you could do the same St Pav

If you are capable

Because it is my opinion ……
But you don’t speak for yourself. It was a garbage post and an unfair attack.

MOD EDIT. POSTER SUSPENDED FOR 24 HOURS. ABUSE

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 9:02pm Good luck to Hanners with his overseas jaunt, even if he comes back and plays the last 2 or 3 games he should not be offered a new contract, IMHO.
Don't we have to be cautious not to cut off our nose just to spite our face WS ?

No question the DH recruitment hasn't worked out however if he was to somehow get his body right, wouldn't it be in our best interests to negotiate a match-type contract.

If he's stumping up the bill to get his body right and that results in him returning to playing again then he'd be a type wouldn't you agree?

Banger9798
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 7:39pm Okay guys. Political and current affairs debates don’t belong in the footy forum. Please start a thread in the General Forum if you want to discuss Covid, Vaccines, Politics, War et al……. Thanks.
Did anyone pay attention to this.
We don't come on to this forum to have more of the Pro-Anti Vax Punch and Judy show.
I'm totally sick of it.
Let's just argue about StKilda FFS

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 12:11am
Wayne42 wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 9:02pm Good luck to Hanners with his overseas jaunt, even if he comes back and plays the last 2 or 3 games he should not be offered a new contract, IMHO.
Don't we have to be cautious not to cut off our nose just to spite our face WS ?

No question the DH recruitment hasn't worked out however if he was to somehow get his body right, wouldn't it be in our best interests to negotiate a match-type contract.

If he's stumping up the bill to get his body right and that results in him returning to playing again then he'd be a type wouldn't you agree?
I think this is the 5th year (the last 2 at the Swans and all of his time at the Saints) that his body has let him down, consistently.

He's cooked. There aren't enough lists spots to have someone in rehab, consistently, time to use that list spot on a different player.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 1:19am
He's cooked. There aren't enough lists spots to have someone in rehab, consistently, time to use that list spot on a different player.
:? :cry:

His old man will be devastated. Surely, he’ll have a word to his OldXavs colleague to see what can be done

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I think this is the 5th year (the last 2 at the Swans and all of his time at the Saints) that his body has let him down, consistently.

You missed the hypothetical I was posing albeit one I know will he hard for even the most optimistic and positive minded Saints support to accept, and that is, if his trip to Germany was to be a complete 1000% success that GUARANTEES he overcomes his injury issues, then wouldn't it be in our interests to keep him on?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 10:23am

You missed the hypothetical I was posing albeit one I know will he hard for even the most optimistic and positive minded Saints support to accept, and that is, if his trip to Germany was to be a complete 1000% success that GUARANTEES he overcomes his injury issues, then wouldn't it be in our interests to keep him on?
You should run for politics Vortex.

‘1000% success that GUARANTEES he overcomes his injury issues’

That’s Gold mate.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I didn't miss the fact you were posting from fantasyland. :lol:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 10:42am

You should run for politics Vortex.

‘1000% success that GUARANTEES he overcomes his injury issues’

That’s Gold mate.
It wasn't that long ago it was 100% but inflation is out of control at the moment.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 11:39am

If we are talking fantasy, he comes back for one game only and wins the Norm Smith Medal.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 1:35pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 11:39am

If we are talking fantasy, he comes back for one game only and wins the Norm Smith Medal.
:lol: :lol:

Killa
Club Player

A review of my contributions to this thread will confirm that I have addressed the issue of Club support for the player, support which I, as one endorse

Then in wades a response that I am dangerous

I responded to being called “dangerous”

And I am of the opinion I had every right to do so

Then in waded someone else referencing the Ukraine conflict

The upshot is that I will no longer contribute to this forum

As in life, and particularly in retirement, you are able to choose who you associate with

To conclude, we live in a democracy

My wife and I have already voted

Across my lifetime I have voted both Liberal and Labor

Including because I have among my network of friends former politicians from both Liberal and Labor, including former Premiers in Victoria (before you get to the Federal sphere)

My view that the Liberal Party has lurched to the religion far right post the Howard influence, is shared also by those of Liberal Party backgrounds

Hence the so called “Teals” in former blue ribbon Liberal seats

Politically that is my response to the far right, anti vaxxers who call me dangerous on this Forum

My view is that they are dangerous

I also note that those who used the description “dangerous” do so with impunity by the Moderators of this Forum

And that penalty applies to the responder - exclusively

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I like a "good news" story. :lol: :lol:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 4:44pm For those who still care - no, Dan Hannebery isn’t switching codes to play with the famous Bundesliga club, but instead, to receive expert medical treatment for his soft tissue troubles with their revered team doctor, Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 50bc520580
DELETED

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Fri 20 May 2022 9:40am A review of my contributions to this thread will confirm that I have addressed the issue of Club support for the player, support which I, as one endorse

As in life, and particularly in retirement, you are able to choose who you associate with

Including because I have among my network of friends former politicians from both Liberal and Labor, including former Premiers in Victoria (before you get to the Federal sphere)

My view that the Liberal Party has lurched to the religion far right post the Howard influence, is shared also by those of Liberal Party backgrounds

Politically that is my response to the far right, anti vaxxers who call me dangerous on this Forum

I also note that those who used the description “dangerous” do so with impunity by the Moderators of this Forum

If you believe a post is over the line, please report it. I haven't seen the post you're referring to.
Regarding politics and connected issues, totally agree we live in a democracy and all political views have a right to be heard, just not in the footy forum. The general forum is there for those type of discussions.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Fri 20 May 2022 9:40am A review of my contributions to this thread will confirm that I have addressed the issue of Club support for the player, support which I, as one endorse

:cry: