Hanners off to Bayern Munich ⚽️

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hanners off to Bayern Munich ⚽️

Dan is looking out for what's best for Dan, as he should.

The criticism lays 100% with the club for introducing this circus in the first place and allowing it to continue on for so long.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

On the surface it has been a disaster and the deal stunk from the get go but perhaps we don’t know the full picture and deals done behind closed doors and other benefits. The recruitment of Jones a year later for instance.

He was a regular player before 2019, albeit playing with injuries, banged up and fading.

Is there a diagnostic test for chronic soft tissue injuries?

Easy to say after the fact.

He should retire at years end.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 10:16am On the surface it has been a disaster and the deal stunk from the get go but perhaps we don’t know the full picture and deals done behind closed doors and other benefits. The recruitment of Jones a year later for instance.

He was a regular player before 2019, albeit playing with injuries, banged up and fading.

As you said…banged up and fading….We had ‘damning’ evidence in 2018 and we ignored it.

The facts regarding his performance trajectory were clear prior to the decision to recruit him

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... g#p1748247

if the link in the post above doesn’t work try the link in the post below (also scroll right in the table on afl.com)

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1952317
Last edited by Scollop on Wed 18 May 2022 11:04am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 10:54am
SaintPav wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 10:16am On the surface it has been a disaster and the deal stunk from the get go but perhaps we don’t know the full picture and deals done behind closed doors and other benefits. The recruitment of Jones a year later for instance.

As you said…banged up and fading….We had ‘damning’ evidence in 2018 and we ignored it.

The facts regarding his performance trajectory were clear prior to the decision to recruit him

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... g#p1748247

if the link in the post above doesn’t work try the link in the post below

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1952317
Yes. I know. I get it. I was totally against the recruitment as well. I didn’t think it would be this bad though.

What is it? 15 games in 4 years.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Your avatar is getting stale SP. I always look forward to the time you give us a new one

This guy was the funniest

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/08/jogger-k ... e-7615267/

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 9:51am
Vortex wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 11:12pm With tongue firmly planted in cheek...can I ask....will Hanners be good to go for finals?
Has been the last two seasons so it’s possible.
So are you saying we let him down last year by failing to reach the finals?....tongue still caught in cheek somewhere.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 11:09am
Vortex wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 11:12pm With tongue firmly planted in cheek...can I ask....will Hanners be good to go for finals?
So are you saying we let him down last year by failing to reach the finals?....tongue still caught in cheek somewhere.
He was ready to go. 🤓

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 9:32pm I don’t read the match day threads - because I am at the footy

But I would hazzard a guess that the usuals would have been bagging everyone thru the game last weekend - despite the effort and where mistakes by some of our players kept Geelong in the game

Mistakes are made

What you do look for is endeavour

Were the heads of Battle and Membrey called for for not completing marks or Webster and McKenzie for kicking to Geelong players?

But they all kept at it and redeemed themselves

I bet the criticism was fierce on here - by the usual
You are a wise man Killa. I stopped reading that s*** this year during the match as it 1000% more enjoyable to watch footy than read bilious crap posted by the uneducated and probably unwashed.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 11:54am
Killa wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 9:32pm I don’t read the match day threads - because I am at the footy

But I would hazzard a guess that the usuals would have been bagging everyone thru the game last weekend - despite the effort and where mistakes by some of our players kept Geelong in the game

Mistakes are made

What you do look for is endeavour

Were the heads of Battle and Membrey called for for not completing marks or Webster and McKenzie for kicking to Geelong players?

But they all kept at it and redeemed themselves

I bet the criticism was fierce on here - by the usual
You are a wise man Killa. I stopped reading that s*** this year during the match as it 1000% more enjoyable to watch footy than read bilious crap posted by the uneducated and probably unwashed.
Stinger I'm sensing a Bromance between you and Killa...(aka To The Top).

Is it his tendency to speak in clauses that is getting the blood pumping towards your groinal region?

SaintWiki
Club Player

As mentioned, it's not Hanners fault the club took a very expensive chance and he was lucky enough to be paid well, and unlucky enough to find out that his injuries were ongoing.

It wasn't all that long ago when a great number of ppl on this page were calling Bradley Hill a rip-off artist for accepting his contract, when it was offered by the club.

I can't help but think that if by some sort of magic, Hanners gets fit by finals time and we make it, how loud people will be if he strongly contributes then. It must be great to publicly mouth off a load of venom about a person you really know nothing about and then have the ability to pretend it didn't happen when things change.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 12:09pm As mentioned, it's not Hanners fault the club took a very expensive chance and he was lucky enough to be paid well, and unlucky enough to find out that his injuries were ongoing.

It wasn't all that long ago when a great number of ppl on this page were calling Bradley Hill a rip-off artist for accepting his contract, when it was offered by the club.

I can't help but think that if by some sort of magic, Hanners gets fit by finals time and we make it, how loud people will be if he strongly contributes then. It must be great to publicly mouth off a load of venom about a person you really know nothing about and then have the ability to pretend it didn't happen when things change.
Excellent post mate, You should post more often. With more posters like you, this forum might actually be truthfully able to call itself a supporters forum. :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

[quote=Vortex post_id=1955145 time=1652835626 user_id=23596

Is it his tendency to speak in clauses that is getting the blood pumping towards your groinal region?
[/quote]

Yes Vortex, the habit of writing in one sentence ‘dot points’ - sans dots is a real give away to the old nickname.
I’ve been surprised we’ve been spared the odd political tirade. Still that may come if Albo & his boys & girls don’t bring home the bacon on Election Day. :lol:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 12:26pm [quote=Vortex post_id=1955145 time=1652835626 user_id=23596

Yes Vortex, the habit of writing in one sentence ‘dot points’ - sans dots is a real give away to the old nickname.
I’ve been surprised we’ve been spared the odd political tirade. Still that may come if Albo & his boys & girls don’t bring home the bacon on Election Day. :lol:
[/quote]

Loris you clearly have a keen eye for spotting these types with dangerous views.

I hope all is well in your part of the world.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Anyway Loris, be that as it may, Killa has an excellent grasp of the club and footy in general, something sadly lacking in some other posters.

I don't give a rats about supposedly unexpressed political views.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 12:09pm As mentioned, it's not Hanners fault the club took a very expensive chance and he was lucky enough to be paid well, and unlucky enough to find out that his injuries were ongoing.

Wiki I just don't see heaps of people unloading venom on Dan. If someone offered me a $2.5 million contract for four years at the end of my career I'd be taking it too. It's not his fault. Most posters I think are just disappointed with the outcome and the recruitment did have the whiff of cronyism (thanks Pav) about it in the first place. And that kind of thing hangs about if the decision doesn't work out. And by any measure, it clearly hasn't worked out well.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 1:45pm

Wiki I just don't see heaps of people unloading venom on Dan. If someone offered me a $2.5 million contract for four years at the end of my career I'd be taking it too. It's not his fault. Most posters I think are just disappointed with the outcome and the recruitment did have the whiff of cronyism (thanks Pav) about it in the first place. And that kind of thing hangs about if the decision doesn't work out. And by any measure, it clearly hasn't worked out well.
Well said. 100% agree

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 1:28pm Anyway Loris, be that as it may, Killa has an excellent grasp of the club and footy in general, something sadly lacking in some other posters.

I don't give a rats about supposedly unexpressed political views.
You forgot to add the rolly eyes emojis Stinger.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 11:07am Your avatar is getting stale SP. I always look forward to the time you give us a new one

This guy was the funniest

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/08/jogger-k ... e-7615267/
Lol. Did I use that as an Avatar?

Rings a bell but I’ll take your word for it. Must have been in the Richo and Ted days.

It’s kinda f***ed up.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Really good point.

I mean, St K approached Hanners; not the other way 'round. That WE decided to pay him what we have - over that duration ... is hardly Hanners' fault. Also - did he not re-negotiate the end of his contract to be more accomodating to the club and also - as a reflection of how little he's played for us?

And finally - his trip to Germany was self-funded. Wouldn't you want more ppl in the club willing to invest in themselves than less? I mean sheesh - at least he's leaving no stone unturned to at least try and get back. And let's face it - he's shown himself to be a brute of a tough, inside competitor his whole career. Surely he's as unhappy as the rest of us in him not playing.

I'm astonished sometimes that our fans are so derogatory towards a bloke who appears to be doing everything he can to get back on the park and contribute.

Go you red, black & white warriors
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 3:40pm

Really good point.

I mean, St K approached Hanners; not the other way 'round. That WE decided to pay him what we have - over that duration ... is hardly Hanners' fault. Also - did he not re-negotiate the end of his contract to be more accomodating to the club and also - as a reflection of how little he's played for us?

And finally - his trip to Germany was self-funded. Wouldn't you want more ppl in the club willing to invest in themselves than less? I mean sheesh - at least he's leaving no stone unturned to at least try and get back. And let's face it - he's shown himself to be a brute of a tough, inside competitor his whole career. Surely he's as unhappy as the rest of us in him not playing.

I'm astonished sometimes that our fans are so derogatory towards a bloke who appears to be doing everything he can to get back on the park and contribute.
Am wondering about the source of the info that his trip is self funded?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I reckon its a real possibility too.

I thought he'd play up to six games this year, before his latest 'misfortune'... (like that word....fortune$$ :D )

And I think it is fine and fair to have a laugh and be curious about the whole affair.
It speaks to so much about footy clubs, professional sport, and the way footy is organized....i.e. imagine if we had a relegation system like the VFA used to have.

It is a great example to study from a distance...we need the humour because unfortunately, it is much closer to home..and especially for you lot who are members.

I appreciate that we shouldn't knock another person as a general rule in life..but I don't think we are really. Most people appreciate pro-footballers if nothing else, for the discipline and dedication it must require to reach that level and the courage to compete.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 1:22pm
Loris you clearly have a keen eye for spotting these types with dangerous views.

I hope all is well in your part of the world.
What do you mean by 'dangerous views'? I googled it and and added the words 'politics' + democracy and found some surprising answers

Last edited by Scollop on Wed 18 May 2022 6:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killa
Club Player

Vortex

I would suggest that those with dangerous views (your description as above and to which I am responding) are those who do not subscribe to public health and safety protocols introduced to contain the spread of a virus, a virus which has seen the WHO address the matter by declaring a Pandemic, a risk grading which remains.

Whilst you and your fellow travelers seek to make this a party political issue for the reasons you and your fellow travelers do, the simple fact is that it is not a party political issue.

The numbers which persist in Victoria, across the Nation and globally are what they are, disrupting households, disrupting workplaces, disrupting logistics and disrupting economies.

And that is before you arrive at the pressures being put on public health.

Fortunately medical science developed a vaccine which mitigates against the worst effects of the virus (organs attacked plus death).

The success of such vaccines is in the numbers vaccinated.

Simply, in these times of a Pandemic, we all have a responsibility to each other.

That responsibility, so self testing and isolating, will reduce the incidence of spread to the benefit of society as a whole.

It is because people are responsible that we are able to attend the footy (and other occasions) with some form of confidence.

Then there are types such as you, putting us all at risk.

This is my response to you once again expressing your views.

Including by personal attack - which is typical of your demographic.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Lewandowski wants to leave Bayern

Straight swap for Hannas seems fair

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

WOW...Can of worms opened, red ones, blue ones, some appear independent. Please return to original cans once located.