Hanners off to Bayern Munich ⚽️

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hanners off to Bayern Munich ⚽️

I think the horse has already bolted on this one Dan/St KIlda! If this doctor bloke is actually legit you'd think it might have been smarter to do this 4-5 years ago...?

Glad to see Dan is having a good time on our dime tho, partying with Sydney mates, flying round the world, anything but football! ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintWiki
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 2:17pm I think the horse has already bolted on this one Dan/St KIlda! If this doctor bloke is actually legit you'd think it might have been smarter to do this 4-5 years ago...?

Glad to see Dan is having a good time on our dime tho, partying with Sydney mates, flying round the world, anything but football! ;)
I heard he is paying for it himself and earlier today on SEN that was the story

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Tax deduction! His rate would be 50c or thereabouts? Then there are the bit coin losses and coaching manuals to claim. Not much on laundry and uniforms, but.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 3:41pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 2:17pm I think the horse has already bolted on this one Dan/St KIlda! If this doctor bloke is actually legit you'd think it might have been smarter to do this 4-5 years ago...?

Even smarter. Makes sense. Makes him look good too. Saves St KIlda more embarrassment. Another win-win. (for Hanners and management, for St Kilda, expectations must be lowedred..perhaps even pushed into offering another year)
Prost!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 3:41pm

And where does his money come from? ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Laurie
Club Player

Others clubs must thinking what the f*** is St.K8lda doing just have the balls to delist him or being a mate of Zig (SL) he is not prepared to make the call.
Grow some balls..
Do you honestly think he will not break down again
BOOM BOOM

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 5:12pm A tip my hat to Hanners and his Managment again..
They’ve done it again.
Pulled off a beauty.
It’s Spring time in Germany.
After the billions spent, let’s spend a few billion more.
Now Dan and his friends can afford to pay the 29.95 a month for the WatchAFL app, kick back in a garden pub in Munich spring, and watch the Saints play over a weisswurst sausage and a bottle of Augustatinner-Keller.
Prost!!
He's paying for it out of his own pocket.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Is someone from the Club travelling with him? Or has he hooked up with Clark Griswald? If someone from the Club is on Dan's excellent adventure, I doubt Dan's paying for that person's schnitzel.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 6:34pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 5:12pm A tip my hat to Hanners and his Managment again..
They’ve done it again.
Pulled off a beauty.
Now Dan and his friends can afford to pay the 29.95 a month for the WatchAFL app, kick back in a garden pub in Munich spring, and watch the Saints play over a weisswurst sausage and a bottle of Augustatinner-Keller.
Prost!!
Well at least he can afford it he's been on the gravy train for 4 years & played 13 games . I know the winner of this deal & it aint the Saint's thats fffs

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

They’ve done it again.
Pulled off a beauty.
Prost!!
yeah, as I said (you obviously didn't read it) ..I said that it is very clever and a great move ..
He doesn't have to play this year at all..
He can make a legit claim to extending his contract for another year...
He saves St Kilda some embarrassment...

None of this is knocking Hanners by the way..in a personal sense..good on him, congrats to his management...
Don't worry, we are (or shoudl I say you) are gonna pay

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

They’ve done it again.
Pulled off a beauty.
Prost!!
He paid for the first class upgrade with Frequent Flyer points.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes it was stated tonight on CH7 that yes his trip was self-funded.

Plus he was back at Moorabbin during training today.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Surely he won’t play on next year..surely?
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 18 May 2022 9:53am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Killa
Club Player

We should all wish him the best - he is doing everything he possibly can

Sometimes s*** happens

Look at McCartin, now a first choice at Sydney

Where there is life there is hope

I know that first hand, missing all but 2 years, returning for finals and a premiership then playing another 4 years including 2 more premierships

At no stage did I cop negatively

The only interest was in my progress - and that I thought I could get back

And so it happened

So give Hannebery a break, he is doing everything he can and he has the support of the Club without exception

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 8:29pm Surly he won’t play on next year..surly?
A creaky old door at Linton st.
Knock Knock
Yes, come in....Dan!! How nice to see you...oh..and Manager, great come in. I'll fix you us an Orange Juice..

oH, thanks Pressie! You are too kind...

Take a seat....don't fall over now..haha just kidding..you didn't fall down the stairs did you? haha... So how can I help you?

Dan wants to discuss his one-year extension clause..

Wel..hey..haha...we've certainly given Dan every chance. I think it has worked out pretty well, don't you think?

Yeah, well..listen..Dan is a good boy. Ever since I've manged him, I have noticed it,

For sure..

Well, Dan has spent a s*** load of his own hard earned cash to go over to Germany, on his own volition, to see Dr. Strangelove..we think that deserves some consideration..

yeah..how about a Paddle Pop?

look...see what is happening here? Dan made an effort, spent your ...eh...his cash, and now it is your turn to acjnowledge and respect this gesture. Dan's leadership is necessary..on the field.. Dan. tell him..Dan, Dan, wake up!

Killa
Club Player

I don’t read the match day threads - because I am at the footy

But I would hazzard a guess that the usuals would have been bagging everyone thru the game last weekend - despite the effort and where mistakes by some of our players kept Geelong in the game

Mistakes are made

What you do look for is endeavour

Were the heads of Battle and Membrey called for for not completing marks or Webster and McKenzie for kicking to Geelong players?

But they all kept at it and redeemed themselves

I bet the criticism was fierce on here - by the usual

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Killa wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 8:42pm We should all wish him the best - he is doing everything he possibly can

Sometimes s*** happens

I know that first hand, missing all but 2 years, returning for finals and a premiership then playing another 4 years including 2 more premierships

And so it happened

So give Hannebery a break, he is doing everything he can and he has the support of the Club without exception
Yeah you are right with s*** happens & it does but when you have detailed evidence that his body was literally stuffed but we still continued down the path to recruit him pay this him mega bucks for what 13 games in 4 years . Get real Killa even if he plays a full season next year which I very much doubt it's a massive fail & heads should have rolled over the signing. I don't know what level you played at but good on you for getting back on the park but AFL level is a bit different IMO anyway

SaintJohno
Club Player

Killa wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 9:32pm I don’t read the match day threads - because I am at the footy

But I would hazzard a guess that the usuals would have been bagging everyone thru the game last weekend - despite the effort and where mistakes by some of our players kept Geelong in the game

Mistakes are made

What you do look for is endeavour

Were the heads of Battle and Membrey called for for not completing marks or Webster and McKenzie for kicking to Geelong players?

But they all kept at it and redeemed themselves

I bet the criticism was fierce on here - by the usual
I appreciate your judgement, and at times in the first half I can admit to being a little negative. Not sure if I posted negative or 'fierce criticism' as you call it, but I can assure you I'd rather be in your position, going to the game, rather than a thousand miles north. For those not in Melbourne, watching and commenting on here is our only option. Good on you though for being at the game.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

If he can get going and play out the 2nd half of the year without further injury it will answer questions as to whether he should play on or not. It's a big IF, but if he can get going again he would be worth another season on base payments.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

With tongue firmly planted in cheek...can I ask....will Hanners be good to go for finals?

saintkid
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 5:44pm He'll be in ripping nick for Old Xavs!

Yep, coming off the bench for a cameo role. 8-)

avid
Club Player

bangaulegend wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 9:53pm
Killa wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 8:42pm We should all wish him the best - he is doing everything he possibly can

Sometimes s*** happens

And so it happened

Yeah you are right with s*** happens & it does but when you have detailed evidence that his body was literally stuffed but we still continued down the path to recruit him pay this him mega bucks for what 13 games in 4 years . Get real Killa even if he plays a full season next year which I very much doubt it's a massive fail & heads should have rolled over the signing. I don't know what level you played at but good on you for getting back on the park but AFL level is a bit different IMO anyway
I'm with Killa.
Isn't it just possible that the guy is actually desperate to play footy? Like Paddy McCartin appears to be.
I find this barrage of cynical, snide, jaundiced hate-mail for Hanners utterly dispiriting. He's a Saint's player, he wanted to play for us -- give him the honour of a little slack. (And I'm not even a major fan of his.)
Do any of you actually know him? Do you know that he really is the conniving self-seeking money-grubbing person you make him out to be?
You're all saying he's sucking the club dry in a vain attempt to get his contract extended. How do you know he's not just doing anything he can to play footy again, and rejoin his team mates, and repay the club for its faith in him?
If you're resolutely assuming the worst -- think about the picture of the world you're building around yourself. If that's the world as you choose to see it, that's the world you end up interacting with. Must be very disheartening for you, and dangerous.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 12:43am

Sometimes s*** happens

And so it happened

I'm with Killa.
Isn't it just possible that the guy is actually desperate to play footy? Like Paddy McCartin appears to be.
I find this barrage of cynical, snide, jaundiced hate-mail for Hanners utterly dispiriting. He's a Saint's player, he wanted to play for us -- give him the honour of a little slack. (And I'm not even a major fan of his.)
Do any of you actually know him? Do you know that he really is the conniving self-seeking money-grubbing person you make him out to be?
You're all saying he's sucking the club dry in a vain attempt to get his contract extended. How do you know he's not just doing anything he can to play footy again, and rejoin his team mates, and repay the club for its faith in him?
If you're resolutely assuming the worst -- think about the picture of the world you're building around yourself. If that's the world as you choose to see it, that's the world you end up interacting with. Must be very disheartening for you, and dangerous.
Avid,

I’ve piled on and had a little fun.

1) it’s not intended to be critical of Dan. Dan would kick my arse in many many aspects of daily life..I respect him.
2) we ought to able to have a laugh
3) there is the way organizations work now…like a bunch of different universes , with actors that have agendas and report metrics that can be way, way irrelevant to the main big picture
4) I suspect that happens in footy clubs…the finance dept cares about a,b,c and the fitness dept looks after metrics x,y,z and the footy department has a bunch of other scores. Enter the managers of not only the players, but the coaches…and other infi=ideals have mentors and consultants,.I suspect Dans hiring was partly because of that (apart from the fact that we needed to spend and nobody wanted to come to the Seaford Saints)…and now I suspect that it is possible for Dan to get rehired, as long as the respective departments meet their markers irrespective of the wholistic overview…so there is room to maneuver for managers, and cynicism from outside…

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote: Wed 18 May 2022 12:43am

Sometimes s*** happens

And so it happened

I'm with Killa.
For me it’s never been about Dan the human and blaming him in any way for the situation. Whether he’s desperate to play or not, his recruitment has been a bust. Can’t be realistically assessed any other way. Take the emotion and sentiment out of it and what benefit has the team derived from his recruitment against what has it cost. 15 games that haven’t set the world on fire at upwards of $150k per game. The morale sapping disappointment of having one of your highly paid players perpetually injured.
This is surely the last roll of the dice. If he can get fit - massive if - then good. If going to Germany doesn’t work and he can’t get fit, then surely that’s it and no way he should be on our list next year.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 17 May 2022 11:12pm With tongue firmly planted in cheek...can I ask....will Hanners be good to go for finals?
Has been the last two seasons so it’s possible.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.