Moderation changes

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Moderation changes

Hi Forumites,

As many of you will be aware, Simon / BFUSA has stepped aside as a mod for personal reasons.
In his absence he has asked that Kosifantutti and I look after moderating for the time being. BFUSA has been too busy to log on and write a post regarding this, but has given KFT and I the go ahead to let you all know about the change.

There were reports on the board, half a dozen from the past month and numerous going back further. They've all been closed. Not much point acting on things that are long gone. Going forward, KFT and I will endeavour to apply the rules as consistently and fairly as we are able.

If there's anyone else interested in taking on a moderation role, please do PM KFT or myself.

BFUSA remains the site administrator.

St.Byron

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Moderation changes

Best of luck st.byron and Kosifantutti in taking over this role, no doubt Simon will be delighted that he is now free to focus on the care of his parents.

It is to be hoped that every contributor on this site will behave in a manner that befits a genuine St Kilda supporter so that you'll have little to do....we are after all embarking on a fresh season in the same boat, all wanting the same thing: many more wins than losses and play off for a premiership in September!

The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things.

"No man is free who is not master of himself."

Epictetus, Greek Stoic Philiosopher (c. 50 – c. 135 AD)
SaintJohno
Club Player

Thanks very much to you two for taking on the extra work. It's much appreciated I'm sure by everyone here.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

My thanks to Kosi and St.Byron for stepping in. Dad doing well enough to go to the footy in a wheelchair on Friday and loved it despite the loss. Mum almost strong enough for her second operation so fingers crossed.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

It’s a good forum it’s worth keeping well done guys.
All the best bfusa

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Just popped in to thank Kosi and St. Byron for stepping in.

With one parent in hospital and the other in rehab (from 2 weeks in hospital) I have very little time to be on here.

Really glad to the Saints doing so well.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
asiu
Saintsational Legend

yep
kudos to those two

and the punters

'they' are doing a good job as well

the community looking out for the community

good luck with it all Simon

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Sanctorum wrote: Fri 11 Mar 2022 3:37pm Best of luck st.byron and Kosifantutti in taking over this role, no doubt Simon will be delighted that he is now free to focus on the care of his parents.

It is to be hoped that every contributor on this site will behave in a manner that befits a genuine St Kilda supporter so that you'll have little to do....we are after all embarking on a fresh season in the same boat, all wanting the same thing: many more wins than losses and play off for a premiership in September!
Supporters are perfectly entitled to be critical of the club they follow, especially when it’s burdened by poor management.

Endorsing poor administration because it may appear to be the decent thing to do doesn’t make you a genuine supporter, it makes you part of the reason why poor administration continues to go unchallenged.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Sanctorum
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022 5:36pm
Sanctorum wrote: Fri 11 Mar 2022 3:37pm Best of luck st.byron and Kosifantutti in taking over this role, no doubt Simon will be delighted that he is now free to focus on the care of his parents.

Supporters are perfectly entitled to be critical of the club they follow, especially when it’s burdened by poor management.

Endorsing poor administration because it may appear to be the decent thing to do doesn’t make you a genuine supporter, it makes you part of the reason why poor administration continues to go unchallenged.
Did you read my comments properly SydneySainter???

Was there anything in my remarks that suggests I'm opposed to supporters being critical of the club in any shape or form???

The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things.

"No man is free who is not master of himself."

Epictetus, Greek Stoic Philiosopher (c. 50 – c. 135 AD)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 02 Oct 2022 12:37pm

Was there anything in my remarks that suggests I'm opposed to supporters being critical of the club in any shape or form???
Seemingly, real supporters advocate for us to move to Tasmania.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 02 Oct 2022 2:52pm

If it means an end to this state of mediocre flux that the club is currently marooned in and the club can finally start finishing top 4 and competing for a premiership again, then yes I do.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Mon 03 Oct 2022 1:33pm

If it means an end to this state of mediocre flux that the club is currently marooned in and the club can finally start finishing top 4 and competing for a premiership again, then yes I do.
Why 'if?'
Your sig states it as a categorical - no ifs or buts - make it happen.
I'm sure I've been a supporter for as long as you have and during that 60 odd years I've seen us in a far worse state many times.
I've never yet advocated for us to relocate though.
I'm obviously not as real a supporter as you.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 03 Oct 2022 1:45pm

Why 'if?'
I'm sure I've been a supporter for as long as you have and during that 60 odd years I've seen us in a far worse state many times.
Your words, not mine.

But for what it’s worth, yes, I don’t believe St. Kilda can survive in Melbourne unless there is a drastic change of fortunes and it happens quick.

We’ve evolved from the Riewoldt and Goddard era to a club that in the last decade has been through two failed rebuilds, shaved a few mill off the ballooning debt and relocated back to Moorabbin, yet still can’t attract quality players and has played finals once during the COVD stop-gap year.

Frankly, especially in this current age when football clubs more than ever need independent, financial viability, the time for the club to succeed and establish longevity in Melbourne has come and gone.

Happy to be proven wrong, but just don’t think the club will survive another decade of the status-quo.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 03 Oct 2022 1:45pm

Why 'if?'
Since 1965 we have relocated 5 times. None of those venues where in St.Kilda. Why not Tasmania.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Nothing against Tasmania
We’ve just spent tens of millions upgrading and rebuilding Moorabbin, including the Danny Frawley Centre
Are you suggesting we should just pack up and leave now?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 05 Oct 2022 9:57am Nothing against Tasmania
We’ve just spent tens of millions upgrading and rebuilding Moorabbin, including the Danny Frawley Centre
Didn't tbe funds mostly come from government funding and the club just hold a lease?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 10 Oct 2022 9:20pm
Didn't tbe funds mostly come from government funding and the club just hold a lease?
I’m pretty sure we’re 10 million in debt because of contributing to the redevelopment at Moorabbin

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 10 Oct 2022 10:07pm
I’m pretty sure we’re 10 million in debt because of contributing to the redevelopment at Moorabbin
Are sure it was our club or the AFL? I thought the JV was between the AFL and government but stand to be corrected.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

re the debt

we were at 12
got it to 8
and expecting to halve it again at best
towards 4

which is a great result
if accurate
'n the figures are ridgy didge

can't point to validation of the above
but somewhere somehow i've ended up
with those numbers in my head

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 10 Oct 2022 10:07pm
We might have more costs going forward.
Bayside Council is currently in the process of renegotiating its lease with St Kilda FC for Belvedere Reserve . The new lease term will be for seven years, with two further seven year terms if certain conditions are met. The football club plans to use the site as a “healthy future hub”, which would host tenants like Belvedere Community Centre.
The new lease in discussion would see St Kilda FC relinquish its use of the car park and oval. The proposed lease will cost the club $10,000 in rent during the first year, $15,000 in the second year, and $20,000 in the third year.

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

St Byron has effectively been the sole moderator for the last 2 months and has done a fine job IMHO. I’m planning to devote less time to the Saints and in particular Saintsational.

I’ll probably still appear as a moderator as only backfromusa can change my status but I won’t be doing anything.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Hello all, quick callout for anyone who would like to put their hand up to take on some moderation duties. Will post this on the main forum in the coming days too.