Will Hanners be in Ratts best side in 2022

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will Hanners be in Ratts best side in 2022

Young players get picked ahead of Ross team if they can perform better than in in whatever role he’s in

We are here to win games not f*** spiders!!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Development vs experience - the age old argument

The challenge for guys like Bytel, Byrnes, Connolly, NMW etc is that they need the game time to develop.

If guys like Ross and Hannebery keep them out, IMO they need to be playing better than just ok. They need to fall firmly into the good category, not “doing a role” on the other side of the ground and unsighted for 20-30min patches.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes, he certainly is.

Quick one: the side we fielded and capitulated against Adelaide Crows last year was very undermanned. For me that was a real 1986 job.
I was wondering how many changes to the 22 who played in Cairns against the Crows that fateful night would forumite posters make for Round 1 this season?

Maybe don't mention the outs (as many of the players that night came in with a very limited preparation because Sandringham was in a recess due to Covid-19) but just include the names of the players you would like to see brought in.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 16 Jan 2022 10:25am Yes, he certainly is.

Quick one: the side we fielded and capitulated against Adelaide Crows last year was very undermanned. For me that was a real 1986 job.
I was wondering how many changes to the 22 who played in Cairns against the Crows that fateful night would forumite posters make for Round 1 this season?

Maybe don't mention the outs (as many of the players that night came in with a very limited preparation because Sandringham was in a recess due to Covid-19) but just include the names of the players you would like to see brought in.
Good stuff Samurai!

Of that team, which you can find here https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2 ... 10612.html and check out the stats, really bad for Battle, Bytel, Coffield, Butler, ...and these guys are not really ring-ins...Hunter Clark has almost zero stats so I am thinking this was the game he had the collision? (I hope it is)

So
Paul Hunter (not worth mentioning)
Jack Lonie (12 disposals, 4 tackles, 2 behinds)
Luke Dunstan (26 disposals, 10 tacklkes!) WHAT THE F!!??? (I hope we know what we are doing there folks!)

are non-starters obviously.

Then, I could see these chaps missing a spot..

Battle quiet
Butler (kicked 1.1, five kicks and four handballs,
Bytel quiet
Coffield (did he go down during the game? ...apologies if he did.
Wood
Long (15 disposals! 1 behind)

OK..Id say, based on this one...

Battle
Bytel
Wood
Long

wpuldn't get a game

BUtler and Coff get in

It is a great game to focus on Samurai.

We score one goal in the second half.

Our fitness must have been an issue! Surely!!!??

Highmore was cementing himsewlf by then and really shone, Billings, Hill good and Crouch was the star

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

More than any other year, this year will be a war of attrition, with depth being tested every week.

The team that is the least social is likely to have their best 22 on the field each week.

We need a full list of physically fit bodies, to compensate for the H&S protocols and illnesses.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sun 16 Jan 2022 7:32pm More than any other year, this year will be a war of attrition, with depth being tested every week.

The team that is the least social is likely to have their best 22 on the field each week.

We need a full list of physically fit bodies, to compensate for the H&S protocols and illnesses.
The AFL website has reported that 15 St Kilda players have contracted Covid since the end of last year.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 20 Jan 2022 9:09am
Otiman wrote: Sun 16 Jan 2022 7:32pm More than any other year, this year will be a war of attrition, with depth being tested every week.

The AFL website has reported that 15 St Kilda players have contracted Covid since the end of last year.
https://www.afl.com.au/video/697064/cat ... 2573268001