Brothers doing it for each other

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Brothers doing it for each other

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brothers doing it for each other

Thanks for posting.
What a pickup Wilkie has been. Would be in the top 5 names picked every week. Love his attitude and work ethic. Found his way into AFL the hard way, not spoon fed "you're a champ' from the time he was a teenager.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure James Gallagher's appointment had plenty to do with us selecting Wilkie. Imagine where our backline would be without Wilkie and Howard. Some very good selections over the past four years and Wilkie is arguably the finest given he was a rookie selection

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Fri 24 Dec 2021 3:05pm I'm sure James Gallagher's appointment had plenty to do with us selecting Wilkie. Imagine where our backline would be without Wilkie and Howard. Some very good selections over the past four years and Wilkie is arguably the finest given he was a rookie selection
Highmore, potentially Hayes. Gallagher's connection to S.A - the gift that keeps on giving.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Wilkie one of the most underrated defenders in the league. Rarely beaten, rarely makes a poor choice , rarely executes poorly.
Love him.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote: Sat 25 Dec 2021 10:39pm Wilkie one of the most underrated defenders in the league. Rarely beaten, rarely makes a poor choice , rarely executes poorly.
Love him.
LOL - he is the first one we seek if we meet the team - he can actually carry on a decent conversation and is not a 'look at me' - seems genuinely interested in what we have to say (even outside of Football).

Another like this was McCartin - but it was more like a puppy dog with Paddy.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sanctorum
Club Player

It was really encouraging to read Wilkie expressing the view that it is all about the team - it confirms my long held contention that for St Kilda to achieve the ultimate pinnacle of success this has to be driven by the players.

As Michael Jordan famously said: “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

Or as business guru Bill Taylor puts it: "Players win games, teams win championships".

I am of the opinion that the 2022 list of St Kilda players, barring injuries, is capable of going deep into finals, it just requires the players to develop the mental toughness and commit to blend themselves into a winning combination.....

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist