Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintJohno
Club Player

Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animals

That's a quote from 'Home Alone' btw, and is in no way an indication of your status as a human, nor of your washing habits.

Merry Christmas to you all. It's been an interesting year with lots of ups and downs and personality clashes but at the end of the day we're all Saints and we still have hope.

I feel a tingle of excitement for this year, as I do every Christmas. It is indeed the best time of year to be a Saint as we haven't lost a game yet and are full of anticipation.

Have a great time over the holidays.

In the words of the tough little nugget Jeff Fenech.....'I love yas all!'

Let's go 2022

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animals

SaintJohno wrote: Fri 24 Dec 2021 10:34am That's a quote from 'Home Alone' btw, and is in no way an indication of your status as a human, nor of your washing habits.

Merry Christmas to you all. It's been an interesting year with lots of ups and downs and personality clashes but at the end of the day we're all Saints and we still have hope.

I feel a tingle of excitement for this year, as I do every Christmas. It is indeed the best time of year to be a Saint as we haven't lost a game yet and are full of anticipation.

Have a great time over the holidays.

In the words of the tough little nugget Jeff Fenech.....'I love yas all!'

Let's go 2022

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Merry Christmas to all saintsationalists I hope you all have a great day & a safe & happy New Year & come back from your break refreshed & ready for footy season :wink:

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Merry Christmas everyone
I hope everyone has a great time with their family
Except Hunter Clark, who should be running laps all day in the quest for our second flag.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Just shows how much we are missing the real footy. I, too, am guilty as charged for watching Home Alone and Home Alone 2 in recent weeks. Maybe it is an omen for the Saints, underrated little guy beating the bullies.

Merry Christmas all, go the mighty Saints!

Saint supporter since '62
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Back at yas ya filthy animals

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Whats this got to do with footy., should be in the general forum.

SaintJohno
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Dec 2021 1:11pm Whats this got to do with footy., should be in the general forum.
Merry Christmas mate.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 25 Dec 2021 1:11pm Whats this got to do with footy., should be in the general forum.
Here’s a blog that may interest you …heathen! :wink: 8-)

https://noelturnbull.com/blog/what-theo ... out-scomo/

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Dec 2021 11:53am
Here’s a blog that may interest you …heathen! :wink: 8-)

https://noelturnbull.com/blog/what-theo ... out-scomo/
I don't consume news Scollop, especially news about politics or politicians; it looks like that link is about politics so didn't get too far into, what's the ghist of it? Can you dot point?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Not going to dot point. It’s not news in the true sense of the word. It’s an opinion piece.

Thought it might appeal to brethren heathen folk

Ironic you're not into politics when you don't mind sharing your 'opinions' on various issues

http://www.forthesakeofarguments.com/bl ... -political

To paraphrase William James, politics is something that happens to an idea. Nothing is “political” in and of itself; a person’s convictions are “political” because of what politicians argue about. A person is not responsible for whether or not his or her beliefs are controversial. That’s why the most common rejoinder to “you shouldn’t get political” is simply, “What I’m saying shouldn’t be ‘political.’ It shouldn’t be controversial at all. The blame for making this commitment political rests on those who contest it.” The argument is either (a) commitment to this value goes deeper than politics, or (b) this is a fact and it should be uncontroversial. This is the defense used—fairly—when priests preach about caring for the poor or the unborn, when athletes talk about racial profiling by police officers, when movies depict history with obvious parallels to the present, and when professors teach about systemic inequality. In these and other cases, people don’t set out to make a “political statement,” they set out to tell a truth—a truth that just so happens to be politicized by some members our culture.

This is not to say that all statements of this type are actually true. It’s fine to argue that a statement is wrong, misleading, or irrelevant. But to protest or dismiss a statement simply because it’s political is to deny that there are some truths which have a claim on us regardless of our party affiliation.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Take the Jab thread over there as well if ya gonna nitpick.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 26 Dec 2021 10:58pm
Take the Jab thread over there as well if ya gonna nitpick.
It was meant to be Xmas day SS humour, I apologise for not introducing a comedic intonation via the use of emojis. I know I should use them more but I was convinced it would be received in the right spirit.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Dec 2021 7:08pm Not going to dot point. It’s not news in the true sense of the word. It’s an opinion piece.

Thought it might appeal to brethren heathen folk

Ironic you're not into politics when you don't mind sharing your 'opinions' on various issues

http://www.forthesakeofarguments.com/bl ... -political

To paraphrase William James, politics is something that happens to an idea. Nothing is “political” in and of itself; a person’s convictions are “political” because of what politicians argue about. A person is not responsible for whether or not his or her beliefs are controversial. That’s why the most common rejoinder to “you shouldn’t get political” is simply, “What I’m saying shouldn’t be ‘political.’ It shouldn’t be controversial at all. The blame for making this commitment political rests on those who contest it.” The argument is either (a) commitment to this value goes deeper than politics, or (b) this is a fact and it should be uncontroversial. This is the defense used—fairly—when priests preach about caring for the poor or the unborn, when athletes talk about racial profiling by police officers, when movies depict history with obvious parallels to the present, and when professors teach about systemic inequality. In these and other cases, people don’t set out to make a “political statement,” they set out to tell a truth—a truth that just so happens to be politicized by some members our culture.

This is not to say that all statements of this type are actually true. It’s fine to argue that a statement is wrong, misleading, or irrelevant. But to protest or dismiss a statement simply because it’s political is to deny that there are some truths which have a claim on us regardless of our party affiliation.
I have heathen folk blood running through my veins. I am atheist. Yeah absolutely you can have opinions without consuming the news, I find life is less anxiety filled without being addicted to news. Life is busy enough and full of enough anxiety and stresses without adding to it by consuming a product that is cleverly crafted to wind you up one way or the other.

And plus politics is soooo petty and tedious don't you think?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bah humbug