Welcome Oscar Adams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Oscar Adams

198cm key defender from Glenelg the same club as NWM. Welcome to the club Oscar!!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Welcome Oscar Adams

51. Oscar Adams

Glenelg, SANFL / Compton FC-Mount Gambier

State: South Australia

Height: 197cm

Weight: 85kg

Date of Birth: 23/07/03

Durable tall defender who reads to play very well to intercept mark and is both competitive and aggressive. Needs to add further strength to his frame but is capable of a turn in the ruck, like Mark Blicavs, using his athleticism and versatility to his advantage. Showed distinct potential as key defender in NAB AFL U19 Challenge matches playing all four of South Australia’s matches, impressing against Western Australia with four marks and 16 disposals in game one and finished the series being his state’s best player in the final game against the same opposition with six marks and 12 disposals. Played under-18s with Glenelg this year and continues to improve, averaging 13.7 disposals and 4.8 marks in his 12 matches. Comes from a very sporting family with both parents having played state level basketball.

spiral3
Club Player

looks pretty handy, good hands, pretty decent kick too for a big bloke
Has our SA talent spotter done it again?

https://sanfl.com.au/draft-pick/oscar-adams/

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Welcome Oscar I wish you a successful time at the Saints :D

vacuous space
SS Life Member

It looks like Adams played mostly as a ruck before having a position shift late in the season. Had 4 contested marks in the SANFL U18s GF, which is the only game they lost with him in the side.

Pretty big jump from SANFL U18s even to just VFL level, so probably need to be patient with this one.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/clubs/glene ... eason=2021

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I like this pick - Adams has huge scope to develop and is mobile with a good set of mitts - put 10kg on his frame and we could have nailed our long term CHB

He can pinch hit in the ruck as well or at least cover ruck duties down back :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bergsone
SS Life Member

Another one from SA

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

spiral3 wrote: Thu 25 Nov 2021 9:52pm looks pretty handy, good hands, pretty decent kick too for a big bloke
Has our SA talent spotter done it again?

https://sanfl.com.au/draft-pick/oscar-adams/

Yes from that vision looks to have good skills, is nimble and also makes good decisions quickly. He was a good kick to advantage, rather than just a ball rooster.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Thu 25 Nov 2021 10:17pm It looks like Adams played mostly as a ruck before having a position shift late in the season. Had 4 contested marks in the SANFL U18s GF, which is the only game they lost with him in the side.

Pretty big jump from SANFL U18s even to just VFL level, so probably need to be patient with this one.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/clubs/glene ... eason=2021
Reminds me of a fitter Paddy McCartin in the way he takes grabs

stkfc1
Club Player

I like they got someone from NWM's old club. Will help both the young men settle in.
Whoever our SA spotter is I hope we have him locked in for a long term contract.
Wilkie and Highmore have been fantastic acquisitions. He/She obviously has an eye for hidden talent.
Hopefully they've nailed it again with NWM and Oscar A.
At this rate we'll be the SA Saints!! :D

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I just watched his last game of SA v WA where he was named in the best. He is very much a project player (reminded me of a young Tyrone Vickery). He got absolutely owned when rucking by the Freo NGA recruit Benning, Adams couldnt seem to judge his leap and getting his arms up at the same time.

SA got smashed in every game against WA and I cant say he stood out in any of the games, so hopefully the recruiters have seen something more when he has been playing at Glenelg?

spiral3
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 9:43am I just watched his last game of SA v WA where he was named in the best. He is very much a project player (reminded me of a young Tyrone Vickery). He got absolutely owned when rucking by the Freo NGA recruit Benning, Adams couldnt seem to judge his leap and getting his arms up at the same time.

SA got smashed in every game against WA and I cant say he stood out in any of the games, so hopefully the recruiters have seen something more when he has been playing at Glenelg?
that sounds a bit disappointing Impatient
hopefully he can learn to jump with his arms in the air :shock: :)

who was he playing on when in defence? did they kick many?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

It reads like we recently delisted a Key Position Oscar and then drafted a very similar Key Position Oscar.

Let's hope the new Oscar is a better prospect than our old Oscar who has signed with South Adelaide.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 11:44am It reads like we recently delisted a Key Position Oscar and then drafted a very similar Key Position Oscar.

Let's hope the new Oscar is a better prospect than our old Oscar who has signed with South Adelaide.
This Oscar is an inch taller and 10 kilo heaver than the last Oscar we recruited.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

spiral3 wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 11:07am
Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 9:43am I just watched his last game of SA v WA where he was named in the best. He is very much a project player (reminded me of a young Tyrone Vickery). He got absolutely owned when rucking by the Freo NGA recruit Benning, Adams couldnt seem to judge his leap and getting his arms up at the same time.

that sounds a bit disappointing Impatient
hopefully he can learn to jump with his arms in the air :shock: :)

who was he playing on when in defence? did they kick many?
Mostly Benning when forward, and he got a break on Adams on most leads. Im guessing with his basketball background the club believe he has untapped potential, particularly with his physical attributes.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Delist an Oscar and redraft an Oscar--what are the odds hsha

spiral3
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 12:51pm Mostly Benning when forward, and he got a break on Adams on most leads. Im guessing with his basketball background the club believe he has untapped potential, particularly with his physical attributes.
thanks
I watched the first qtr of the game from the 28th Aug
a bit to like in it, very raw though.
I like his willingness to get and use the footy, also seems pretty brave in the air, reads it ok too maybe?
Reminds me a bit of Dougall n the way he plays.
Has a lot to learn but looks like something to work with, hopefully with good guidance he can be made into a handy player.
Will have to check out the rest of the games.

Nasiah shows his class in that first qtr, nice intercept mark and two? score involvements. Hopefully he can manage the step up in physicality and pace at AFL level

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend