Welcome to the Saints - Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Welcome to the Saints - Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

repta wrote: Tue 30 Nov 2021 9:10am Welcome. Hopefully he lives up to his natural ability.
He is going to be a development player for a while. Way to light and therefore needs to be protected for a while. Hopefully the Saints wont 'fast track' him as he needs to get some strength around the ball otherwise he will get spooked. There is very little time or space in the seniors (it is a huge leap up).
Given some time (and bulking up) he should be good.
I tend to differ - NWM has been playing with grown men for Glenelg this season and so he is certainly able to hold his own in senior football. If he does well in the pre-season and displays the required ability in the practice matches I hope the selectors do in fact throw him into the deep end from game one. He'll learn far more playing in the firsts than he would ever do running out for Sandy.

I'm not suggesting that this will prove to be the case, maybe he will take time in the reserves, all I'm saying is that if he does contend strongly for a spot in the team for round 1 then there's no point holding him back....God knows the Saints need to get off to a flyer next year.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 30 Nov 2021 8:42pm
repta wrote: Tue 30 Nov 2021 9:10am Welcome. Hopefully he lives up to his natural ability.
He is going to be a development player for a while. Way to light and therefore needs to be protected for a while. Hopefully the Saints wont 'fast track' him as he needs to get some strength around the ball otherwise he will get spooked. There is very little time or space in the seniors (it is a huge leap up).
Given some time (and bulking up) he should be good.
I tend to differ - NWM has been playing with grown men for Glenelg this season and so he is certainly able to hold his own in senior football. If he does well in the pre-season and displays the required ability in the practice matches I hope the selectors do in fact throw him into the deep end from game one. He'll learn far more playing in the firsts than he would ever do running out for Sandy.

I'm not suggesting that this will prove to be the case, maybe he will take time in the reserves, all I'm saying is that if he does contend strongly for a spot in the team for round 1 then there's no point holding him back....God knows the Saints need to get off to a flyer next year.
Im with Repta - give him time to develop his body and fitness to the required levels. The last thing he needs is to pop a shoulder or similiar injury due to a lack of physical conditioning. We have plenty of depth (injuries allowing) so no point in rushing him, there will be plenty ahead of him for a while.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Are we not due for the statement, "Everyone starts equal, all positions are open and available."? Or does that not come until the whole list is back training?

Sanctorum
Club Player

According to James Gallagher, in the podcast on the club website, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens and Windhager are all quite capable of making their senior debuts in 2022.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist