Pick 9/11 Prediction

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pick 9/11 Prediction

ace wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:07pm hyphen Milera chosen ahead of
Ben Hobbs
Josh Sinn
Matthew Johnson
what odds one or all of them become stars and we gnash our teeth over this for years?
hopefully we got this one right.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I have heard a rumour now that Wanganeen's son is now interested in Nominating St Kilda as opposed to going F/S now
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:27pm I have heard a rumour now that Wsnganeen's son is now interested in Nominating St Kilda as opposed to going F/S now
???

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:32pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:27pm I have heard a rumour now that Wsnganeen's son is now interested in Nominating St Kilda as opposed to going F/S now
???
Specifically interest was increased in St Kilda after our pick:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/685875/no-f ... till-looms

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:27pm I have heard a rumour now that Wanganeen's son is now interested in Nominating St Kilda as opposed to going F/S now
Well neither PA or Essendon nominated him as a F/S.

Not sure how he could nominate StKilda?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
DJ Higgins
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:19pm
ace wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:07pm hyphen Milera chosen ahead of
Ben Hobbs
Josh Sinn
Matthew Johnson
what odds one or all of them become stars and we gnash our teeth over this for years?
hopefully we got this one right.
Some people are hard to please. Any of these could be guns and they all could be spuds.
Benn Hobbs
ball magnet but a pure inside mid which we don't need plus he is a little slow.

Josh Sinn
really quick and possibly the best medium-sized defender in the draft. But we don't need another HBF

Matthew Johnson
A posied and professional onballer that is a large contested influence in midfield, Johnson a viable option for any side looking to add depth to their engine room. this is nto our biggest need

Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
exciting prospect in this years draft who boasts speed, athleticism, composure and elite foot skills plus he is rated as the best kick in the draft. BUT he doesn't win his own ball and he is lacking in strength. We have work to do but he more fits our needs than the other three.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Boy the AFL have absolutely destroyed any fun one could have with draft night splitting it into separate days like this

What is the obsession with taking limited content and trying to draw it out for as long as possible... only leads to a more subpar event

B.M
Saintsational Legend

You don’t use first round draft picks to fit current needs

They are 12-15 year players

How do we know what the ‘needs’ are in 5-6 years time?!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 11:00pm Boy the AFL have absolutely destroyed any fun one could have with draft night splitting it into separate days like this

What is the obsession with taking limited content and trying to draw it out for as long as possible... only leads to a more subpar event
Correct.

Gotta micro-segment the s*** out of every product/category/service to squeeze out as much profit and “value” as possible.

Another sign of an overinflated/ponzi economy that is all form and no substance.

This is not progress.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Geez , that hawks coach really pissed me off last night. Knew who they were going to pick and had used up their 5 minutes but just sat there for an extra couple of minutes with a stupid grin on his silly face.

Commentators didn't utter a word either.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 25 Nov 2021 12:05am
skeptic wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 11:00pm Boy the AFL have absolutely destroyed any fun one could have with draft night splitting it into separate days like this

Correct.

Gotta micro-segment the s*** out of every product/category/service to squeeze out as much profit and “value” as possible.

Another sign of an overinflated/ponzi economy that is all form and no substance.

This is not progress.
Sounds just like what's happened to cricket

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Thu 25 Nov 2021 11:48am
SaintPav wrote: Thu 25 Nov 2021 12:05am

Correct.

This is not progress.
Sounds just like what's happened to cricket
There seems to be this weird mentality going on… I hear it a lot in podcasts… where the approach is to make the product crappier so that you can push purchasing more crappy things that offer slightly more.

It’s very bizarre to me. If you think that by pumping more ads into the podcast I’m going to pay extra to get the ad free…
Forget about it. I’ll just stop listening.

If you think you’re going to give me half the content then stretch it out into more shows… how about no. Far as the draft goes I’ll wait til it pops up somewhere online in its entirety

Still… must be an effective strategy.

Personally, I’d rather regularly donate/give money to exceptional products

Munga
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 25 Nov 2021 1:17pm
There seems to be this weird mentality going on… I hear it a lot in podcasts… where the approach is to make the product crappier so that you can push purchasing more crappy things that offer slightly more.

It’s very bizarre to me. If you think that by pumping more ads into the podcast I’m going to pay extra to get the ad free…
Forget about it. I’ll just stop listening.

If you think you’re going to give me half the content then stretch it out into more shows… how about no. Far as the draft goes I’ll wait til it pops up somewhere online in its entirety

Still… must be an effective strategy.

Personally, I’d rather regularly donate/give money to exceptional products

Agree entirely. They must be making more money from it otherwise why would they choose to make it more painful for everyone? People like me just switch off altogether or find alternatives.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
older saint
SS Life Member

TV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
they think putting over 2 nights will mean 2 nights of people watching.
Ridiculous thinking was like the NBA draft teams in the first 3-4 picks taking nearly 5 minutes to select a player.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 25 Nov 2021 10:57am Geez , that hawks coach really pissed me off last night. Knew who they were going to pick and had used up their 5 minutes but just sat there for an extra couple of minutes with a stupid grin on his silly face.

Commentators didn't utter a word either.
I don't think you should realise this is a TV production.
Note how for every pick the TV presenters have time to discuss the merits of the previous selection and carry out an interview.

Could it be that the pick is already IN but is not announced until the TV show is ready for it.
May I suggest that Hawthorn had already submitted their pick and were waiting for it to be announced.
Meanwhile the TV were arranging to slot in an interview.
That would account for their behaviour, they like us and the other 17 teams were waiting for the TV to release the pick to Gil.
Or even Gil could have been recorded a couple of minutes earlier but no-one else informed.

With far more thought needed to sort through who has been taken, disruption to planning, shock horror tonight will proceed much faster.
How is this possible unless on night one the biggest hold up was the TV presenters, not the clubs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.