Number 21 takes a leave of absence

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Number 21 takes a leave of absence

there's no profit to be made from a free health system

time to start paying for your 'freedoms'

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-28/ ... /100571376

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Mon 25 Oct 2021 12:02pm I’m assuming that because Georgia is of Greek heritage that just like most people in Greece and most Greek Australians that she is Christian Orhodox.

This is pure speculation, so not really a ‘blab’ or any inside word or anything but I heard that certain elements of the Greek community who are conservative church goers have somehow linked God and religion with Covid 19 and for some unknown reason they are against getting vaccinated.

What’s his face - the Serbian fella Novak Djokovic is also Christian Orthodox and he’s apparently also against getting the vax. It’s difficult to understand how the peasant mind works and why the church or certain elements of the priesthood are pushing this line, but when it comes to religion, I don’t think logic or science comes into it…much

She is a gun player and it would be a shame if she follows the dumb illogical rules or customs of the extreme elements of the Greek church. ….all just my humble opinion and maybe it’s miles away from the truth and her real reasons for taking time out
Maybe she’s just scared of needles?

Talk about ignorance and spreading fear and misinformation, but it’s only the “anti-vaxxers and you tubers who do this right?

Even if you did qualify your theory, I haven’t read so much crap…

Her body, her choice, biatch…

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

And her choice to not play and not get paid

I seriously hope, if she is choosing to not get vaxed she has forfeited her footy wage

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

She shouldn’t be allowed to shop for groceries too.

Lock her up and starve her to death!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 6:27pm there's no profit to be made from a free health system

That’s incorrect.

The Australian Government subsidises medicines through the PBS. Pharma get paid with your PAYE

I love the data in these articles.

It’s so granular and targeted.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 8:51pm
asiu wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 6:27pm there's no profit to be made from a free health system

That’s incorrect.

The Australian Government subsidises medicines through the PBS. Pharma get paid with your PAYE

The article is about pathology tests not medications. The MBS won't be covering these tests, the PBS has nothing to do with it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 9:15pm

That’s incorrect.

The article is about pathology tests not medications. The MBS won't be covering these tests, the PBS has nothing to do with it.
Sure, I was responding to the comment about a free health care system, but if you wanna get all pedantic about it, be my guest. I’m sure asiu can handle it.

I enjoyed your long rant on vaccines btw. Very scientific.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

nuh :)

can't handle it

throwing a tanty as i post

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 7:10pm And her choice to not play and not get paid

I seriously hope, if she is choosing to not get vaxed she has forfeited her footy wage
This, coming from saintsaitional’s own king of non conformity.

Not hypocritical, much?!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 9:56pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 9:15pm

That’s incorrect.

Sure, I was responding to the comment about a free health care system, but if you wanna get all pedantic about it, be my guest. I’m sure asiu can handle it.

I enjoyed your long rant on vaccines btw. Very scientific.
Sorry if I sounded dismissive. Tact is not a strong point, my bad.
I'll be the first to admit I know very little about the science behind the vaccines and I'm proud of our health system, I work within it, but I'm confident it is going to struggle unless our government throws a lot more funding into it, through facilities tailored to isolating Covid infection control, taking the services and equipment to the patient and recruiting, training and resourcing frontline workers.
Better communication and information sharing between all different levels within the system needs to be looked at too. We've done a good job stemming the tide and learnt a lot in a short time but we need to reinforce the system before it implodes.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Do you think she should get paid for choosing not to do her job?

I agree, she can choose

But with her choice comes comes consequences

Ie/ losing income, possibly getting sick from COVID, possibly spreading COVID

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 31 Oct 2021 9:24am Do you think she should get paid for choosing not to do her job?

I agree, she can choose

Those sound like the same consequences for having the jab.

I wonder if there is a clause in her contract, take this injection or that injection or don't play. Id assume they can't do that.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hey Pav

this is a listen :)
(5 hours of it)

(there's some wonderous stuff in Curts playlist)

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 31 Oct 2021 9:24am Do you think she should get paid for choosing not to do her job?

I agree, she can choose

Like Jack Steven?

Josh Battle
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 6:45pm
Josh Battle wrote: Mon 25 Oct 2021 12:02pm I’m assuming that because Georgia is of Greek heritage that just like most people in Greece and most Greek Australians that she is Christian Orhodox.

This is pure speculation, so not really a ‘blab’ or any inside word or anything but I heard that certain elements of the Greek community who are conservative church goers have somehow linked God and religion with Covid 19 and for some unknown reason they are against getting vaccinated.

What’s his face - the Serbian fella Novak Djokovic is also Christian Orthodox and he’s apparently also against getting the vax. It’s difficult to understand how the peasant mind works and why the church or certain elements of the priesthood are pushing this line, but when it comes to religion, I don’t think logic or science comes into it…much

She is a gun player and it would be a shame if she follows the dumb illogical rules or customs of the extreme elements of the Greek church. ….all just my humble opinion and maybe it’s miles away from the truth and her real reasons for taking time out

Talk about ignorance and spreading fear and misinformation, but it’s only the “anti-vaxxers and you tubers who do this right?

‘Qualify my theory?’ I heard it straight from the horses mouth … No!! Not Georgia herself. I heard it from a Greek Aussie who was born here but unfortunately they want to listen to the thoughts of their peasant parents who migrated here in the 1950’s or 1960’s.

I didn’t believe it at first but I did a google search and that’s when I decided to spread my ‘misinformation’

Unfortunately, there remains a sizeable number within the millions of Greek Australians and Greek expats in America and they are more interested in what the Greek Church and the hierarchy in Athens preaches to them rather than listening to health advice from scientists….a bit like some politicians who are followers of evangelical preachers

Maybe you’re right about her being scared of needles… but answer me this please biatch :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:

IF the stuff I wrote about is anywhere near the truth and IF there is an element in the Greek community that is somehow tying in their choice NOT to be vaccinated with their FAITH and they believe the theories from their church (or more specifically the extreme elements from a few religious nutters) do you think that religious leaders should be giving health advice to their followers?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

would think if you're footballer playing at that level & a medical needle scares you
Maybe its time to find a new profession

Seeya
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Mon 01 Nov 2021 2:31pm

‘Qualify my theory?’ I heard it straight from the horses mouth … No!! Not Georgia herself. I heard it from a Greek Aussie who was born here but unfortunately they want to listen to the thoughts of their peasant parents who migrated here in the 1950’s or 1960’s.
since when is 1 Greek Aussie an authority

I didn’t believe it at first but I did a google search and that’s when I decided to spread my ‘misinformation’

Unfortunately, there remains a sizeable number within the millions of Greek Australians and Greek expats in America and they are more interested in what the Greek Church and the hierarchy in Athens preaches to them rather than listening to health advice from scientists….a bit like some politicians who are followers of evangelical preachers

Maybe you’re right about her being scared of needles… but answer me this please biatch :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:

IF the stuff I wrote about is anywhere near the truth and IF there is an element in the Greek community that is somehow tying in their choice NOT to be vaccinated with their FAITH and they believe the theories from their church (or more specifically the extreme elements from a few religious nutters) do you think that religious leaders should be giving health advice to their followers?
In a 1000 person survey taken in Greece at the beginning of the pandemic over 57% said they would take a vaccine if it was available. The most likely to take the vaccine, of the people surveyed, were (peasant parents) over the age of 65. Just like almost all those migrants who came here in the 50's and 60's would be now.

Something doesn't add up in your assumptions based on the opinion of 1 Aussie Greek bloke, who obviously likes to stir up bigoted, racist, misinformed and ignorant Skips and perhaps even you too.

Your final paragraph is a reasonable question.

There are always going to be religious nutters using their political power to influence their flocks to maintain theit power and wealth

There are also nutter politicians using there influences in churches to do the same.

Religion, politics and power are intrinsically linked.

Here's some news from Greece itself, the voice of the horses mouth:
https://amp.dw.com/en/orthodox-church-u ... a-56251674

From NSW:
https://www.slhd.nsw.gov.au/sydneyconne ... sages.html

Here's some from the American Greek Orthodox community:
https://apnews.com/article/health-relig ... 7b7b87c185

And from Melbourne:
https://www.greekcommunity.com.au/gocmv ... ury-church

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 01 Nov 2021 11:55pm
Josh Battle wrote: Mon 01 Nov 2021 2:31pm

since when is 1 Greek Aussie an authority

In a 1000 person survey taken in Greece at the beginning of the pandemic over 57% said they would take a vaccine if it was available. The most likely to take the vaccine, of the people surveyed, were (peasant parents) over the age of 65. Just like almost all those migrants who came here in the 50's and 60's would be now.

Something doesn't add up in your assumptions based on the opinion of 1 Aussie Greek bloke, who obviously likes to stir up bigoted, racist, misinformed and ignorant Skips and perhaps even you too.

Your final paragraph is a reasonable question.

There are always going to be religious nutters using their political power to influence their flocks to maintain theit power and wealth
I like that last sentence from you CQ that I quoted

Great research CQ....BUT

The thing about those migrants who came here in the 50's and 60's - well you know, let's just say most of them were not very well educated. That doesn't make them bad people, but it probably means there's plenty who didn't have time or didn't feel the need to be educated ( in Greek or in English) and they can tend to be stubborn and fixed in their attitudes and customs and superstitions.

Most of Greece (and especially the town folk and their children who currently live in those villagers where the peasant migrants come from) have all moved with the times and they have made progress with the rest of Europe and they have changed in many ways and become more of an educated society rather than just peasant farmers...however I believe that some of the people who live here in Australia have either NOT been as willing to embrace change or perhaps have been brainwashed by their parents who are stuck in a timewarp - it may as well be 1950 and that'd be a good thing as far as they're concerned

It's not a just Greek thing. I suppose there are people in places all over the world where they'd prefer the good ol' days

Oh...btw, Josh Battle is not a racist. Far from it. He just doesn't have much patience for flat earthers and religious nutters :)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s a tricky thing for a lot of migrant communities that came over that period (1950s, 60s, 70s etc).
The resources/educational opportunities weren’t then what they are now and attitudes towards inclusiveness have improved markedly too.

Many different cultures that moved here in those times bandied together and supported each other recreating what was comfortable/known to them.

What happened over time is that many people in those subgroups properly integrated and got with the times and the actual countries of origin too moved on and progressed over 30-40+ years as ppl/places tend to.

For the people that couldn’t/wouldn’t break free of what they know... well it’s left a number of pocket groups of people that unfortunately are isolated as what they know and who they are doesn’t fit with conventional attitudes here or even back home.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

"Something doesn't add up in your assumptions based on the opinion of 1 Aussie Greek bloke, who obviously likes to stir up bigoted, racist, misinformed and ignorant Skips and perhaps even you too."

Ignorant skips????? Pretty offensive racist comment.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 02 Nov 2021 10:57am "Something doesn't add up in your assumptions based on the opinion of 1 Aussie Greek bloke, who obviously likes to stir up bigoted, racist, misinformed and ignorant Skips and perhaps even you too."

Just as offensive as the notion that the people who migrated here over 50 years ago are still peasants.
I borrowed the Skips label and impressions of those labelled from Acropolis Now.

If you feel offended, I apologise but that's not my problem and it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 02 Nov 2021 11:13am
saynta wrote: Tue 02 Nov 2021 10:57am "Something doesn't add up in your assumptions based on the opinion of 1 Aussie Greek bloke, who obviously likes to stir up bigoted, racist, misinformed and ignorant Skips and perhaps even you too."

Just as offensive as the notion that the people who migrated here over 50 years ago are still peasants.
I borrowed the Skips label and impressions of those labelled from Acropolis Now.

If you feel offended, I apologise but that's not my problem and it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
I have several Greek friends and their parents are really nice people, so I agree with you there.

Acropolis now was not my cup of tea. A really s*** show not at all funny, Sick really. And I think you will find most of my aussie born generation would find being called "an ignorant skip", racist and offensive.

Your apology wasn't really an apology now, was it? Apologies don't normally contain the words , if, and , not my problem.

Anyway back to the footy. :wink:
Last edited by saynta on Tue 02 Nov 2021 11:35am, edited 1 time in total.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 02 Nov 2021 11:22am

I have several Greek friends and their parents are really nice people, so I agree with you there.

Acropolis now was not my cup of tea. A really s*** shownot all all funny, Sick really. And I think you will find most of my aussie born generation would find being called "an ignorant skip", racist and offensive.

Your apology wasn't really an apology now, was it? Apologies don't normally contain the words , if, and , not my problem.

Yeah.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 02 Nov 2021 11:33am
saynta wrote: Tue 02 Nov 2021 11:22am

Acropolis now was not my cup of tea. A really s*** shownot all all funny, Sick really. And I think you will find most of my aussie born generation would find being called "an ignorant skip", racist and offensive.

Yeah.
:D 8-)

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Well this has descended into a really embarrassing and ugly topic. A totally speculative claim about an AFLW player who happens to be of Greek descent has morphed into nasty bigotry including claims about ignorant Greek 'peasants', evil 'Skips' and nasty anti-religious rhetoric. It's about Christians though so it's all good!

Very sad. It's actually disgraceful and those who have said such things should take a look at themselves. I won't hold my breath though.

Isn't this the football part of the forum or am I lost?

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.