Number 21 takes a leave of absence

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Number 21 takes a leave of absence

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:56pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:48pm The trouble with zealots and extremists is that they get their info from facebook or Sky News or the church or nutcases like Trump masquerading as responsible politicians
There's something fanatical about this post, fed by the media and related to anti-vaxxers, because a politician decided if she don't jab, she don't play and only Tony74 with any chance of knowing what her absence is or isn't about.

Who needs Facebook or Sky News?
I was responding to the poster Rubyjo who used the line “The trouble with…etc “ and I wasn’t making comment on Georgia or speculating about her reasons for taking time out. I just edited that post to show that I was doing that

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 8:01pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:56pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:48pm The trouble with zealots and extremists is that they get their info from facebook or Sky News or the church or nutcases like Trump masquerading as responsible politicians
There's something fanatical about this post, fed by the media and related to anti-vaxxers, because a politician decided if she don't jab, she don't play and only Tony74 with any chance of knowing what her absence is or isn't about.

Who needs Facebook or Sky News?
I was responding to the poster Rubyjo who used the line “The trouble with…etc “ and I wasn’t making comment on Georgia or speculating about her reasons for taking time out. I just edited that post to show that I was doing that
Yeah. I understand. I meant the thread, not your post. Sorry.

SaintJohno
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:50pm
SaintJohno wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:48pm Can we please not make this thread a pro v anti vax thread. It's just so fricken boring now. You do you, we'll see who's right soon enough.
Yeah mate. Repent, the end is nigh

Have you got your bunker ready?
Haha Scollop, sounds like you're assuming which camp I'm in. Just sick of the bulls***.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:33pm The trouble with people on here they get all their info from the ABC or the Guardian or Google . The amount of adverse effects from the jab are mindblowingly huge ..try Duck duck go search engine instead of the heavily censored google . She is young and healthy and doesn't need a jab for covid which she would 100% near survive . If you are old and scared get the jab.
“I’m not scared of COVID because of the low risk to me, but I am scared of the vaccine and it’s infinitely lower risk to me”

Logic.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Deleted

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

skeptic wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 1:23pmDeleted
off the list???

Seeya
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 6:36pm
off the list???
Wiped clean.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 6:36pm
off the list???
:lol:

Nah I posted about anti-gazing stuff I don’t get…
Then I thought it may have been a bit political and didn’t want to risk a ban.

One has to be careful these days

B.M
Saintsational Legend

It’s ok if she thinks it fine to get COVID and it won’t effect her.

How bout she gives it to someone who does get effected, worse still dies?!

How would she feel about that?

I’m not sure if Vaccination is the issue at play, but I support the AFL with a no jab no play policy

happy feet
Club Player

What is not known is the long term affects of Covid. I know an intensive care Nurse who has worked the Covid ICU and he had told me that the damage to the lungs is severe. You don’t want to get this s*** disease. The AFL have got this one 100% correct.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 10:48pm What is not known is the long term affects of Covid. I know an intensive care Nurse who has worked the Covid ICU and he had told me that the damage to the lungs is severe. You don’t want to get this s*** disease. The AFL have got this one 100% correct.
I'm not sure about the long-term effects but I know a survivor from very early on in the pandemic, in her late 60's, who when infected was highly vulnerable after just recovering from pneumonia and had a number of pre-existing conditions.
She very nearly died a few times while in hospital for months. Was applauded by staff on her discharge.

17 months later he, she is kicking on with very few concerns. Remarkable resilience.

happy feet
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 10:57pm
happy feet wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 10:48pm What is not known is the long term affects of Covid. I know an intensive care Nurse who has worked the Covid ICU and he had told me that the damage to the lungs is severe. You don’t want to get this s*** disease. The AFL have got this one 100% correct.
I'm not sure about the long-term effects but I know a survivor from very early on in the pandemic, in her late 60's, who when infected was highly vulnerable after just recovering from pneumonia and had a number of pre-existing conditions.
She very nearly died a few times while in hospital for months. Was applauded by staff on her discharge.

17 months later he, she is kicking on with very few concerns. Remarkable resilience.
It seems very random. A work colleague, male, in his 30’s, fit and a non-smoker caught Covid 12 months ago and is still struggling.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Tue 26 Oct 2021 7:33pm She is young and healthy and doesn't need a jab for covid which she would 100% near survive . If you are old and scared get the jab.
Wow! I'm trying to think of a way for you to be more selfish, but it's not coming.
I didn't only get the vaccine for me. I got it so I don't pass the virus on to my parents - even thought they're fully vaccinated as no vaccine is 100% effective.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We have seen how quickly the new strains of Covid have spread across the globe. Covid 19 is such a virulent virus and is so easily transmissible that it will probably be with us for decades.

Vaccination isn't just an answer to prevent hospitalisation or a process of prevention so that we don't contract the virus. It is also going to help to control the virus before it morphs more rapidly than the scientific community can study it and assist people who may be subject to new variants

Maybe when a few of these anti vaxxers learn of their loved ones getting sick or maybe as they learn that Covid is not going away anytime in the near future, they may change their stance

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Thu 21 Oct 2021 8:42pm Sounds like it's probably an anti-vax thing.

Could be anti-wax

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Thu 28 Oct 2021 2:24pm
lewdogs wrote: Thu 21 Oct 2021 8:42pm Sounds like it's probably an anti-vax thing.

Could be anti-wax
Ohhhhh ...... careful :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
minneapolis
Club Player

perfectionist wrote: Thu 28 Oct 2021 2:24pm

Could be anti-wax
I have heard that she hates ear-wax.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

At worst, she is a young woman taking time to consult her family, elders and community about an external issue with her employment that may affect her health and wellbeing.
Well done, should be more of it and all power to her to make the best decision for herself.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 29 Oct 2021 9:09am At worst, she is a young woman taking time to consult her family, elders and community about an external issue with her employment that may affect her health and wellbeing.
Well done, should be more of it and all power to her to make the best decision for herself.
Let’s be serious. She’s had minimum 6 months if that was the case. These anti vaxers are almost fanatics and can’t be convinced. I’ve seen people I regarded as intelligent literally quote things as fact. A quick fact check debunks their theories as complete rubbish. They are the flat earthers of the 21st century

Moods
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 29 Oct 2021 9:09am At worst, she is a young woman taking time to consult her family, elders and community about an external issue with her employment that may affect her health and wellbeing.
Let’s be serious. She’s had minimum 6 months if that was the case. These anti vaxers are almost fanatics and can’t be convinced. I’ve seen people I regarded as intelligent literally quote things as fact. A quick fact check debunks their theories as complete rubbish. They are the flat earthers of the 21st century

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 29 Oct 2021 2:35pm
Yeah sure, 6 months. I've heard a lot of brave talk about 'f*** em, I'm gonna leave my job and surely its illegal to force people to vaccinate and blah blah blah'.

Now it becoming real, I only know one person who actually means it and is still refusing, not an easy decision.

Being a sheep is easy, I never feared the vax btw and had one as soon as I could but I've got to respect anyone who sacrifices their entitlement to freedom of movement by exercising choice.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 29 Oct 2021 3:20pm
Yeah sure, 6 months. I've heard a lot of brave talk about 'f*** em, I'm gonna leave my job and surely its illegal to force people to vaccinate and blah blah blah'.

Now it becoming real, I only know one person who actually means it and is still refusing, not an easy decision.

Being a sheep is easy, I never feared the vax btw and had one as soon as I could but I've got to respect anyone who sacrifices their entitlement to freedom of movement by exercising choice.
I don’t respect them. We’re not talking about being forced to join the Nazi party here, although some would have you believe it’s the equivalent.

What beliefs? Seriously? It’s pure fear. Scaredy-cat rubbish. Like they examine everything that goes into their bodies with a fine tooth comb. It’s anti government anti authority nonsense ( they’re all out to get us)

The fact that so many waver at the final hurdle and get the vax proves why mandating it is so important.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 29 Oct 2021 4:31pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 29 Oct 2021 3:20pm

I don’t respect them. We’re not talking about being forced to join the Nazi party here, although some would have you believe it’s the equivalent.

What beliefs? Seriously? It’s pure fear. Scaredy-cat rubbish. Like they examine everything that goes into their bodies with a fine tooth comb. It’s anti government anti authority nonsense ( they’re all out to get us)

The fact that so many waver at the final hurdle and get the vax proves why mandating it is so important.
I didn't mention beliefs. I only mentioned choices.
Like paying $50 bucks for a pack of smokes and $10 bucks for a beer, cause it's no good for you and might kill you but if you want them you can have them, if you pay?

You can get your freedom of movement back and the first 45 millions jabs are free. We just ordered another 151 million.

Keep watching. More and more are going to die. The health system is going to be overwhelmed and one way or another, we are going to keep taking vaccinations and pay for them.

Want your freedom of movement? Soon your gonna pay for it.

SaintJohno
Club Player

FFS CQ, who's going to die? The vaccinated? Jesus F Christ we're at 80% (85 here in NSW) Where are all the dead bodies? We should be driving around them in the street if what the tin foil hat numbskulls say has any truth at all. THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!! It is the 'critical thinkers' in ICU in the vast majority. It's so fricken simple and describing the ones with the mathematical abilities to work out the risk of Covid as sheep is just farking laughable. It's the Tik tok, You Tube, and Facebook scientists that deserve that derision. Sorry, three deep breaths now.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Fri 29 Oct 2021 7:52pm FFS CQ, who's going to die? The vaccinated? Jesus F Christ we're at 80% (85 here in NSW) Where are all the dead bodies? We should be driving around them in the street if what the tin foil hat numbskulls say has any truth at all. THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!! It is the 'critical thinkers' in ICU in the vast majority. It's so fricken simple and describing the ones with the mathematical abilities to work out the risk of Covid as sheep is just farking laughable. It's the Tik tok, You Tube, and Facebook scientists that deserve that derision. Sorry, three deep breaths now.
I haven't talked to any tin foil hat numbskulls, just a few local health officials and some skilled health workers, and I'm in Hervey Bay which has only been minimally affected, and locally, ambos are holding patients outside hospitals who are refusing to admit them because there is no room and not because it's full of Covid sufferers.
That ambulance can't respond till it delivers its patient, they were under immense pressure before Covid.
Staff are becoming stressed, overworked disenchanted with the system, every 2nd person with flu symptoms thinks they are dying, and hospitals have been forced to reduce capacities and are priorising intake more than ever. Not to mention the ever increasing number of mental health patients, domestic violence victims and substance abusers, clogging up the system.
You won't need to catch Covid to feel the affects of it or be at greater risk of dying.
Hospitals and emergency services have been underfunded for years, private health insurance won't help and the industry is already under staffed.
My best friend is a triple 000 Ambulance comms supervisor. Never been so busy in 15 years and with f*** all actual covid cases.
While all the vaxed are running around spreading the virus, it will mutate at rates not seen in this country, so no one really knows what will happen with the virus but a massive overhaul of the health system is needed, is expensive and the money for it is not there.
Australia has one of the very best healthcare systems in the world.
They haven't been locking down massive sections of the population for nothing, despite the pessimism sprouted about the motives.
When we stress the channels of access to quality healthcare, more people die, healthcare becomes more expensive and standards of living decrease, capitulating into a user pays system that no government will commit to funding. There's no profit to be had from a free health care system.
The strength in our current system is due to access via general practice and equity through a relatively free health system for its users.
Lots of people are going to die because people that wouldn't necessarily have died before Covid, will be at much higher risk, due lack of timely diagnosis, over crowded emergency departments, infection control procedures and the unavailability of vital treatment, things you can't get can't get readily at a general practice.
There is nothing wrong with my breathing but thanks for your bravado and your concern.
Do some research, I'm not panicking, we aren't ready to 'learn to live with Covid'just yet.